DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

We currently have 117 local members.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Going to get some new shoes on her tomorrow. The local tire shop said they would not put tires on her due to the year exploder it is 😝 . Headed to Phoenix tomorrow to get some Falken Wildpeak MT’s. Goodyear does not make the MTR’S in 35x12.5r15 any longer. I initially chose the Yokohama Geolander MT’s but they are on back order at the moment. Enjoy.

image.jpg

I mean, I was looking at double stacking these in the Navajo light housing....🤷

451001_n.jpg

You might experience overheating issues when you block all the airflow through the radiator. I had a LED light bar on the bumper that partially blocked the grille and noticed the engine temps were higher.

Looks cool though.

I mean, I was looking at double stacking these in the Navajo light housing....🤷

View attachment 436995

You might be onto something with this. I did not think about double stacking the head lights. The lights I have now make a big difference but of course more lighting would be helpful. Thanks for the great idea.

You might experience overheating issues when you block all the airflow through the radiator. I had a LED light bar on the bumper that partially blocked the grille and noticed the engine temps were higher.

Looks cool though.

I thought it looked super cool but did not think about the overheating possibility. That is the one thing I have not had issues with is overheating. This truck always stays cool even in summer conditions. Now to figure out how to keep the trans cool 🤔. I still have the 700r4 kit so that may have to be a priority this year.

I was waiting for my PATC built A4LD to go but it’s holding strong. I had it at about 300 degrees last year driving to a swim hole and it held together some how. I may hit you up when or if I decide to do the conversion. Merry Christmas sir.

You might be onto something with this. I did not think about double stacking the head lights. The lights I have now make a big difference but of course more lighting would be helpful. Thanks for the great idea.

I can't get new lights for the Navajo. So I have started to think of other options. What ever is in the wild is what exist now. I have 3 sets, for this purpose alone. Same with grills. Tail lights were a little easier to find, but getting hard now, but I have 4-5 sets. 😁.

I can't get new lights for the Navajo. So I have started to think of other options. What ever is in the wild is what exist now. I have 3 sets, for this purpose alone. Same with grills. Tail lights were a little easier to find, but getting hard now, but I have 4-5 sets. 😁.

The Navajo is a rare sight these days. I still see the 2 door first gen exploders every once in a while. I haven’t been to my local yard in a bit but if I see a Navajo I will DM you with what’s left of it. Lol 5 sets huh, might as well make it a few more lol. Take it easy.

Got the new tires on the old girl today. I didn’t realize how old and out of balance my tires were until I drove her to the local circle k with the fam to get snacks. Of course we had to take the back roads home. I want to thank big brand tires for the new shoes. They were super helpful and did not care that they were going on an exploder. I will go there again for tires. I actually thought about going with the 36” tsl sx’s like FROADER had in the day but the Falken’s were easier to get. Have a good night all. 🤙

E1F1E159-88D2-4534-BDA3-21C4845D47EA.jpeg

Are the Falken's true to size?

The Goodyear and BFG's were small 35's, more like 34". The Maxxis Razr's I have currently are oversized, more like a 36" and at least 2" wider at the tread than the Goodyear and BFG's. They are wearing fast, softest tire I have ever run. They do have great traction in the dirt, but at this rate I'll end up replacing then twice as fast as any other brand I have run.

Are the Falken's true to size?

The Goodyear and BFG's were small 35's, more like 34". The Maxxis Razr's I have currently are oversized, more like a 36" and at least 2" wider at the tread than the Goodyear and BFG's. They are wearing fast, softest tire I have ever run. They do have great traction in the dirt, but at this rate I'll end up replacing then twice as fast as any other brand I have run.

So before Goodyear stopped making the MTR’s in 35x12.5r15, I believe they were the closest to a true 35” at 34.8”. The Yokohama Geolander MT G003 that I wanted are 34.6, but are on back order. The Falken Wildpeak MT’s are 34.49 with a tread depth of 21/32 which is almost the same as my old Goodyears which new were at 22/32 I believe. I did not go with the KO3’s due to the size as I think they run small as well. They are supposed to be 34.5 but only have 18/32 of tread.

The new Falkens I purchased today seem to be larger but I was used to my worn out MTR’s. One thing is that I run my tires at 18psi pretty much everywhere and these tires are very smooth riding with little noise. Time will tell but my first impression of this tire is good. Hope that helps. I will take a measurement and post it here when I get a chance. Thank you sir.

I have the Falken MT's on JP as well. But in 37's so far no issues. 🤷 They have a new hybrid tire coming out soon.

Oh yeah, got a pic? Always liked the stance of you ex.

I looked on your thread and the Wildpeaks look good on your ex. You had the old school MTR’s. I remember those back in the day. One of the date codes on the ones I just replaced was from 2010. No wonder this thing drove so rough. I can’t believe what a set of new and properly balanced tires do for an old rig lol. Have a good night sir.

Back