Fix4Dirt '98 XLT

:D Finally, its about time!

The Specs

Basic- 1998 XLT 4x4
Mileage- 323k (8/25/22)
Engine- 4.0 SOHC (stock)
Trans- 5r55e (stock)
Tcase- BW4405 (stock)
Front/Rear End- D35 IFS 3.73/8.8 LS 3.73 (stock)
Suspension- TT w/Keys/OME36+Shackle, ES UCA/LCA bushings, ES Sway bar end links (not stock)
Wheels/Tires- Stock 15" teardrop w/ 1" spacer/31" Toyo OC ATIII
Audio- MACH HU/Amp, Kicker CS door speakers, Kicker Comp C8 sub
Bumpers- RockRanger bumper+ HF 12k Winch
Accessories- Roof Basket, 30" LED Bar, Rear light pods, loads of sound deadening

The future!!!

- "New" hatch (spot welds tearing/torn on old one, need to paint up new one) In Progress
- Brake Booster Done
- Powertrax NoSlip
- Superlift?
- 33s?

Pics!!!

Stock
IMG_9719.jpeg

Lift stock tires

IMG_0896.jpeg
A3ADF2B8-CA54-4B99-8539-EF02F08E061F.jpeg

Current form (6/14/22) Lift & 31s

IMG_2994.jpeg

Current Form (12/29/22) A bit more lift, 31s, basket

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 2.44.15 PM.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I could see a 302 in your future

I could see a 302 in your future
dont tempt me!!!!! its already in my mind! debating whether to just put another sohc in or go v8 if i kill this one ever, which it doesnt seem to want to die...

dont tempt me!!!!! its already in my mind! debating whether to just put another sohc in or go v8 if i kill this one ever, which it doesnt seem to want to die...
The SOHC with the 5r55e is real good for low end torque. But overall yeah V8 is the way to go if ya get the chance to do so.

The SOHC with the 5r55e is real good for low end torque. But overall yeah V8 is the way to go if ya get the chance to do so.
do i need a v8? no... do i want one? not even a question! too bad im in CA

do i need a v8? no... do i want one? not even a question! too bad im in CA
There have been V8 swaps done in ca, though they ain't happy about it! Got to move man, leave ca for holiday visits or something. 😂

There have been V8 swaps done in ca, though they ain't happy about it! Got to move man, leave ca for holiday visits or something. 😂
home is home. 😀

You NEED a 302.

You NEED a 302.
well i havent killed the sohc yet............ but yes 302 would be fun! now if only i didnt have to deal with carb refs... plus im scared of the swap even though its easy 😂

well i havent killed the sohc yet............ but yes 302 would be fun! now if only i didnt have to deal with carb refs... plus im scared of the swap even though its easy 😂
non like for like means more chances for me to mess up 😂😂

non like for like means more chances for me to mess up 😂😂
What's life without a few screw ups? Never get anywhere without an attempt. Trial and error

What's life without a few screw ups? Never get anywhere without an attempt. Trial and error
but then itll never be done if i mess up :p since itll be a slow progress... but... i am tempted do know that... but i could also get a v8 stock... but too attatched to this thing!

Fair, definitely easiest to just buy a truck with a V8 already 😂

Fair, definitely easiest to just buy a truck with a V8 already 😂
but... i am attatched emotionally to my truck... sooo... then id need both :D then comes then whats the purpose of the v8 one 😂

but i do want a v8 though..........................................

Exactly, ya run both! One becomes a daily and the other becomes a toy

Exactly, ya run both! One becomes a daily and the other becomes a toy
:D maybe... maybe... maybe... now im getting ideas in my head! and ideas can be the best or worst things 😂

14FF1160-BC00-4114-B6CE-695FDF920C9B.jpeg

pic of the hatch damage, hence why the new one is coming soon. more damage not in the photo. on the outside its great on the inside/alignment... not great! got a quote from maaco to paint the hatch nearly 700 bucks! maybe time to DIY

Body by bondo

4E7C6809-EAD7-424E-98AD-6FCE8507A7E3.jpeg

zoomed out... as can see close to the hinge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back