Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a pair of brand new gray Weathermats (used for 1 week, w/ original box) for the driver and passenger. PM me if youre interested. I will sell them cheap.

All-weather floor mat suggestions

I know there probably is already a thread on this topic but I just thought I'd ask anyway. I am looking at getting all weather mats for the first and second row of my ex. Does anyone have any experience with any of them? I've looked at the OEM ones, weathertech and husky. I think I can get like 20% off accessories from my dealer.

I know there probably is already a thread on this topic but I just thought I'd ask anyway. I am looking at getting all weather mats for the first and second row of my ex. Does anyone have any experience with any of them? I've looked at the OEM ones, weathertech and husky. I think I can get like 20% off accessories from my dealer.
As stated, there are several threads on this subject;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377712&highlight=mats

and another
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360407&highlight=mats

As I've stated before, you can't go wrong with either WeatherTech or Husky. I just find that the Husky liners in front cover more of the carpeted area. The cover right up to the door sill. I would avoid the OEM mats if you want optimum coverage/protection.

Peter

I just got a full set of Weathertech Liners (1st 2nd, 3rd rows + cargo behind 2nd row) they are AWESOME. Well worth the price.

The Ford ones are ok for the $, but not as nice as the husky or weather tech. I ordered mine with my sport, but I think I will order a set of husky liners eventually. The biggest down fall is that they don't make the ford one for the third row.

The Ford ones are ok for the $, but not as nice as the husky or weather tech. I ordered mine with my sport, but I think I will order a set of husky liners eventually. The biggest down fall is that they don't make the ford one for the third row.

My factory ones were in my Ex for a week while I waited on my Huskys to show up. The same happened in my wife's Edge and my F-250... 3 sets of original Floor Mats stored under our steps in new condition. i wouldn't ave gotten the factory ones, but they came with the vehicles. I have Husky Liners in 4 vehicles, and all but my Bronco II, which they are covering up the thrashed carpet instead of protecting, them look like new.

Here's a picture of the carpet in my F-250 after 11 years and 200,000 plus miles. I had just steam cleaned them that day... They were dirty, but not warn at all. The little hole in the first picture is original and where the factory mat old down hook was. The truck as spent a lot of tie at off-road parks and MX tracks that get it really dirty and filling up at diesel pumps s a whole 'nother mess!

-C97A-40EC-8505-4D5B0B606A9E-1476-00000116C2CCAE07.jpg

-FD2E-434A-9A71-3A280F004922-1476-00000116D01C1085.jpg

I have the Husky liners for my 2013 Sport....the coverage is great and I like that it covers the pass through from the 2nd to 3rd rows. That being said, so far my experience is only in winter weather and I have a few "complaints"....1.) they are bit slippery for my kids (ages 7-10). I have seen them slip on a few occasions when wet. This is due to them being more "plasticky" as opposed to my previous experence with more "rubber" all weather mats. 2.) I also find that my front mat isn't drying as quickly as some previous cars...not sure if its the material or the way the Explorer blows air to the footwells. Due to how stiff the Husky liners are, you have to be extremely careful to get them out to dump the water without spilling it i.e. the who point of having them in the first place is to protect the carpet. (I have had to do this four times in two weeks so far).

We are still deciding what mats to get my wife's new 2013 Explorer but we are more than likely going to try the weathertech the second time around....

Hope this was helpful.

Note that Husky significantly increased their prices recently

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I think I am going to go with the huskies. Kind of pricey but seems like they are worth it.

Huskies are great, can't go wrong. I personally have the Weathertech and they fit as tight as a glove. They never move around and I cannot say enough about how well they have worked the past couple of years.

I have the Huskies in my 2012 Escape. The coverage is really nice.

The only downside to them is that they sorta give the vehicle a "fleet vehicle" feel. My Escape is the Limited trim (black leather interior), which is nice, but then it now has plastic floors.

But if you were to see them now, midway through a fairly dry winter, you would see how much filth they have kept out of the carpet below.

I may pull mine out for the non-winter months for the front seats (the back seat will remain because of the kids).

All weather floor mats w/ 2nd row buckets

My 2014 EX hasn't arrived yet, but I want to be prepped when it does. I want good quality all weather floor mats but my EX will have the 2nd row bucket with no console, so I need one that fits there too, as I will have little ones going back and forth. Any suggestions?

I used factory all weather mats only because it had the explorer logo. But weathertech.com is a good place to shop around. I have there wind/rain deflectors on my 2011

My 2014 EX hasn't arrived yet, but I want to be prepped when it does. I want good quality all weather floor mats but my EX will have the 2nd row bucket with no console, so I need one that fits there too, as I will have little ones going back and forth. Any suggestions?
As I mentioned in my PM to you, there are several threads on this topic. I have moved yours to this one so that you can check out the previous posts.
Hope your new Explorer arrives soon. :thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you look at the Husky mats they have that lip that comes up and over the side of the door sill. The Weathertechs don't and this was a deal breaker for me! Without that lip coverage snow and dirt is going to contaminate the carpet and can also slide in under the mats. I could foresee a line of snow and water forming on the carpet along the edge of a weathertech mat.
Another thing to consider (I also discovered this on weathertech vs husky for my Chev equinox, not sure if it's with all vehicles) if you have some sort of pins coming up from the floor to hold the mats in place Husky moulds a slot right over them so still hold but there is no point of entry for water. Weathertech actually moulds the matts with a hole in them for the pin to go through and then sometimes provide some sort of cap or plug (still, an entry point for water)
I have Husky's in my equinox and they are great. I currently have on order Husky's for my explorer Sport soon to arrive in a few weeks.
Husky's are more money but well worth it.
PS. My first set of Huskys 3 years back had a small defect on one of the mats. Dealing with Husky for a free warranty replacement was a breeze! Shipped me a new one no questions asked through the border into Canada and, Fast.

Back