Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

As I was opening my third row seat yesterday in my 11 Explorer, which I have only used twice since getting the vehicle in 2014, I noticed one of the seats seams came apart and the leather seat cover is now coming off. Does anyone know if this is covered by my premium care ESP?
As per your PremiumCare brochure that lists items NOT covered;

Other Components and Repairs – Fabric, liners, fasteners,
carpets, dash pad, wiper blades, knobs, trim, upholstery

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is not covered under an ESP as Peter stated.

Extended warranty

What is the best extended warranty for 2013 Explorer? Brands and such.

What is the best extended warranty for 2013 Explorer? Brands and such.

I merged your thread with an existing thread that discusses just about everything you need to know about ESPs.

To sum it up, only get a genuine FORD ESP.

I'd also highly recommend buying from Joel in post 183 in the link below. I have purchased many from him and have referred dozens to him for the best pricing out there.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312029&page=10

I see you have been on here for quite some time but this is your 1st post. I highly recommend using the search function before starting a new thread. just about every possible topic has been discussed on here and most in great length.

Thanks for the help. I will try to be more careful in the future. I did try to search before posting but failed. Sorry about that. Guess that's why I don't post. Thanks again

Thanks for the help. I will try to be more careful in the future. I did try to search before posting but failed. Sorry about that. Guess that's why I don't post. Thanks again

No worries, feel free to post any time you want. That is what the forum is here for. Sometimes the search can be tricky. One tip is searching by key word instead of thread title so it searches through every thread out there.

Can't recommend Joel enough.

Ford ESP Review

Hello all--

New here, just purchased a new to us 2014 Ford Explorer. I am in the market for an Extended Service Plan for our Ford. Since the Explorer is all electric I decided we should purchase the extended service plan.

After speaking with my two local Ford dealers and calling, reading, and researching two third party extended service plans I was beginning to think I may not purchase a service plan. My local Ford dealers were pushy and said I had to sign up ASAP. The cost for a 6 year extended plan was through the roof. The third party providers were a joke in my book. They had to ok all work, they could use any parts they wanted, and they could decide not to cover the repairs at all. Forget that, sounds like medical insurance.

I happened to find this site and read about Joel Hawley at Twin Rivers Ford in TN.

After calling and speaking with Joel I knew I was going to do business with him. Joel put me at ease. Explaining everything, telling me that I had time to decide and not to be rushed. He gave me a quote and said to think about it no need to rush.

Originally I was going to call my local Ford dealer and see if he could match Joel's quote but after dealing with Joel I only wanted to give him my business.

Joel was ethical, nice, easy to work with, and a genuine good guy.

I gave Joel my business which saved me about $1,000!

Just wanted to write this review. I live 800 miles from Joel, never meet him, but feel strong enough to write this review.

There are fewer and fewer people like Joel in our world. If you want a hassle free experience please give Joel a call.

Joel Hawley
Two Rivers Ford
Mount Juliet, TN
888-208-5470

Are you Joel Hawley? Strikes me as spam for a first post.

No, I am not, just did business with him. Did you read my post? Never meet the guy, live 800 miles away?

How could I be him? In less you are accusing of lying?

This internet thing can be ruthless. I am trying to help out a hard working guy that did my family and I right.

If you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself.

Come on guys, lets keep this a clean post.

Joel's been mentioned before. Also check andersonandkoch ford.

Are you Joel Hawley? Strikes me as spam for a first post.

Joel has his own user name on here. I've referred dozens of people to him and he is a legit guy. This person is not Joel.

Amazing that people question someones first post that is a positive experience compared to all the people who sign up here just to complain on their first post.

Nice to see someone else take advantage of his great pricing and service over the phone. Can't recommend him enough!!

Joel has his own user name on here. I've referred dozens of people to him and he is a legit guy. This person is not Joel.

Amazing that people question someones first post that is a positive experience compared to all the people who sign up here just to complain on their first post.

Nice to see someone else take advantage of his great pricing and service over the phone. Can't recommend him enough!!

Isn't there is a Ford dealer who pays to advertising posts on here? I don't mind recommendations, but this came across as a free advertisement at another Ford dealer, and I would not be happy if I was the Ford dealer paying for advertising here.

All site vendors are listed under the Vendors tab near the top of the page. The one I believe you are thinking of is a Ford parts and accessories dealer.

Peter

Hello all--

New here, just purchased a new to us 2014 Ford Explorer. I am in the market for an Extended Service Plan for our Ford. Since the Explorer is all electric I decided we should purchase the extended service plan.

After speaking with my two local Ford dealers and calling, reading, and researching two third party extended service plans I was beginning to think I may not purchase a service plan. My local Ford dealers were pushy and said I had to sign up ASAP. The cost for a 6 year extended plan was through the roof. The third party providers were a joke in my book. They had to ok all work, they could use any parts they wanted, and they could decide not to cover the repairs at all. Forget that, sounds like medical insurance.

I happened to find this site and read about Joel Hawley at Twin Rivers Ford in TN.

After calling and speaking with Joel I knew I was going to do business with him. Joel put me at ease. Explaining everything, telling me that I had time to decide and not to be rushed. He gave me a quote and said to think about it no need to rush.

Originally I was going to call my local Ford dealer and see if he could match Joel's quote but after dealing with Joel I only wanted to give him my business.

Joel was ethical, nice, easy to work with, and a genuine good guy.

I gave Joel my business which saved me about $1,000!

Just wanted to write this review. I live 800 miles from Joel, never meet him, but feel strong enough to write this review.

There are fewer and fewer people like Joel in our world. If you want a hassle free experience please give Joel a call.

Joel Hawley
Two Rivers Ford
Mount Juliet, TN
888-208-5470
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I've merged your thread with another on ESP. Glad you are happy with your ESP buying experience. Happy motoring.:):thumbsup:

Peter

Extended Warranty

We are currently looking into an extended warranty for a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited that has been ordered. Does anyone have suggestions for a good company to use or what companies to avoid? I know Ford offers a platinum protection. We have also looked at IWS premiere platinum protection (7 years/80,000 miles) which seems to be about 30% cheaper.

Before everyone starts offering on line stuff, this came up in another forum:

""We are sorry but due to Florida law, Florida Residents are not eligible for online service contracts. Please contact your local dealer."

Vystar, our local credit union, is offering the IWS plan. I'm sure other extended service plans are offered in Florida too. However, I was unaware of that law and look into it.

We are currently looking into an extended warranty for a 2016 Ford Explorer Limited that has been ordered. Does anyone have suggestions for a good company to use or what companies to avoid? I know Ford offers a platinum protection. We have also looked at IWS premiere platinum protection (7 years/80,000 miles) which seems to be about 30% cheaper.

Using the search function can be a really good tool to finding what you are looking for. I have merged your thread in the current discussion of this.

As stated, Florida requires all service contracts to be sold at retail (no discounts). I would NEVER buy a 3rd party, only Genuine Ford ESPs for MAY reasons listed in here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back