Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thanks blwnsmoke! I emailed Joel and got some quotes. Now I just have to decide and figure out how to pay for it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks blwnsmoke! I emailed Joel and got some quotes. Now I just have to decide and figure out how to pay for it!

Same person I bought mine from, great guy and easy to work with!

Hi All! I have been doing some research and thought I would share my results. "phareous" did the work the last time else where in this thread but it was in May of 2012 so I thought it might help those looking if I added some current numbers....

I searched the following dealers for pricing:
Anderson and Koch (A)
Flood Ford (F)
Lumbard Ford (L)
Zeigler (Z)
Two Rivers (T)
Ford Protect (FP)
Troy Ford (I couldn't find a place to enter explorer so no info from them)

My numbers include only lighting. No rental or key coverage. I believe all are minus taxes as well. I haven't gotten that far into an actual purchase but I anticipate having taxes tacked on to these numbers. If I find out otherwise, I will let you know. I also found out in my case, I am still under the 3yr/36k warranty so the ESP will begin when it was put in service and not the day I pay for the ESP.

Here we go....

6yr/125k/100: (A) $1765 (F) $1765 (L) $2124 (Z) $1965 (T) $1895
6yr/125k/50: (A) $1960 (F) $1960 (L) $2319 (Z) $2160 (T) $2090

7yr/125k/100: (A) $2065 (F) $2065 (L) $2424 (Z) $2265 (T) $2205 (FP) ???
7yr/125k/50: (A) $2260 (F) $2260 (L) $2619 (Z) $2460 (T) $2400 (FP) ???

Also got a price from Champion Ford for 6yr/125k/100 for $1635 but not sure it includes lights.
Ford Protect was at $3875+taxes ($219.30) for an 8 year 125k/100.

Questions I have yet to ask Joel with Twin Rivers are: Does his price include the key and rental? And taxes?
I emailed him so my experience with him has been different. The above numbers were just based on website quotes.

The prices seem to be all over the board. Not a lot of consistency but in reading through many post here it looks like a lot of people have had good experiences with Joel so that is more than likely the way I will head.

I will also mention they have a finance option if people need to go that route.

Have a good day! Hope this helps!

As far as I know, Joel's ESP includes 1st day rental while most others do not. They offer it as an option. blwnsmoke can confirm that.

Peter

Just priced 4 year/48k miles Ford ESP plans for my 2012 Explorer.

Ziegler: $1860 for $100 deductible per visit, includes rental coverage
Twin Rivers: $1560 for $100 deductible per visit, includes rental coverage

Looks like I will go with Twin Rivers. Contacted Joel Hawley http://tworiversford.com/staff/view/130989/

Hi All! I have been doing some research and thought I would share my results. "phareous" did the work the last time else where in this thread but it was in May of 2012 so I thought it might help those looking if I added some current numbers....

I searched the following dealers for pricing:
Anderson and Koch (A)
Flood Ford (F)
Lumbard Ford (L)
Zeigler (Z)
Two Rivers (T)
Ford Protect (FP)
Troy Ford (I couldn't find a place to enter explorer so no info from them)

My numbers include only lighting. No rental or key coverage. I believe all are minus taxes as well. I haven't gotten that far into an actual purchase but I anticipate having taxes tacked on to these numbers. If I find out otherwise, I will let you know. I also found out in my case, I am still under the 3yr/36k warranty so the ESP will begin when it was put in service and not the day I pay for the ESP.

Here we go....

6yr/125k/100: (A) $1765 (F) $1765 (L) $2124 (Z) $1965 (T) $1895
6yr/125k/50: (A) $1960 (F) $1960 (L) $2319 (Z) $2160 (T) $2090

7yr/125k/100: (A) $2065 (F) $2065 (L) $2424 (Z) $2265 (T) $2205 (FP) ???
7yr/125k/50: (A) $2260 (F) $2260 (L) $2619 (Z) $2460 (T) $2400 (FP) ???

Also got a price from Champion Ford for 6yr/125k/100 for $1635 but not sure it includes lights.
Ford Protect was at $3875+taxes ($219.30) for an 8 year 125k/100.

Questions I have yet to ask Joel with Twin Rivers are: Does his price include the key and rental? And taxes?
I emailed him so my experience with him has been different. The above numbers were just based on website quotes.

The prices seem to be all over the board. Not a lot of consistency but in reading through many post here it looks like a lot of people have had good experiences with Joel so that is more than likely the way I will head.

I will also mention they have a finance option if people need to go that route.

Have a good day! Hope this helps!

1) Joel includes 1st day rental and no other features unless you request it. Meaning if you buy an ESP from him without saying anything, 1st day rental (not the enhanced portion) is included. The reason it is included is because the contract actually includes it (been posted in this thread several times). You have to check "1st day rental delete" on the contract which then subtracts the charge. This is why in your pricing Joel's pricing is more then the others.

2) There is nobody cheaper then Joel. With him being one of the top internet sales dealers because of the forums, many have dropped their price to match him (Flood is a prime example).

3) Joel offers 24 month financing on any ESP that is 48 months or longer for coverage. 36 months qualifies for 18 month financing. No online dealer that I have ever found will do the 24 month financing. Some like Lombart will do 12 or 18 only.

So as I've stated in this thread as well as other forums, you can choose to go with Flood since it is the same price and buy online giving a dealership you will never have any type of personal contact with or you can buy from Joel who will talk to anyone on the phone, who is a straight shooter and who has honored his mistakes with members on this specific forum by misquoting.

He priced a 5 yr when they wanted a 6 and gave it to them for the price of the 5yr (took the loss).
He priced my truck with a gas engine even though it was a diesel and took a loss.

For 8 years I've been trying to send him as much business as possible because of how he has treated me as well as the members on here. I'd much rather give him my $100 for all the time he has spent with me on the phone or by email on answering questions for members on here then any other dealer that doesn't bother with us.

He has now sold to 49 of the 50 states from the forums and has dealt with many hundreds of members on here.

So to sum up my long post... there is really no reason to waste time shopping for the best price. It's either Flood or Joel which is the same price. Just a matter of giving to a person who spends time with us or giving to some internet page.

hello,

We just bought 2017 Explorer 3.5 Duratec. This is our second Ford and so far very happy with it!!

Since we do drive a lot (around 25k+ a year) im thinking about purchase a warranty. i never bought those exteded warranty, but we like to keep this Explorer for very long time i figure it is better to have piece of mind.

Anyway first... dealer gave me $3200 for 7 yrs/90k, 100 deductible at their dealer and 200 for outside dealer. I think it was only powertrain warranty. It did sound very expensive so i did not take that deal.

After searching thru google, I found couple website/company. i do not sure if i can trust those companies or go back to dealer and ask them see if they can price match?

Anyone have an experience like to share? Where and how was experience? Like repair at dealer or customer support etc etc

Ive looking at Floodfordesp. Currently has 250 miles!!!

Thank you!

Either Flood Ford or Joel Hawley at Two Rivers (800-900-1000 x1007) give you the best pricing for the Ford ESP. If you search around a bit, there are several threads on it, the biggest here.

You will be pleasantly surprised! A full Ford Factory ESP 7yr /100,000 $50 deductible extended warranty can be had for less than half what that dealer quoted you!

I'm getting mine tomorrow from Joel at Two River Ford.

Call Joel, hundreds of members have bought from him. You won t find one cheaper and all done over the phone in 5 minutes.

hello,

We just bought 2017 Explorer 3.5 Duratec. This is our second Ford and so far very happy with it!!

Since we do drive a lot (around 25k+ a year) im thinking about purchase a warranty. i never bought those exteded warranty, but we like to keep this Explorer for very long time i figure it is better to have piece of mind.

Anyway first... dealer gave me $3200 for 7 yrs/90k, 100 deductible at their dealer and 200 for outside dealer. I think it was only powertrain warranty. It did sound very expensive so i did not take that deal.

After searching thru google, I found couple website/company. i do not sure if i can trust those companies or go back to dealer and ask them see if they can price match?

Anyone have an experience like to share? Where and how was experience? Like repair at dealer or customer support etc etc

Ive looking at Floodfordesp. Currently has 250 miles!!!

Thank you!

See post 536 on previous page.

Thanks!!

Sending an email to Joel now.

Email may go unanswered as an fyi. His spam settings are set very high because he gets around 150 junk messages a day. If you don't hear back within 24 hours, just call.

Email may go unanswered as an fyi. His spam settings are set very high because he gets around 150 junk messages a day. If you don't hear back within 24 hours, just call.

Sweet. Will call Monday or Tuesday if i dont hear from him by Monday. :)

Thank you to everyone for your input. I just emailed Joe at Two Rivers Ford for a quote on a PremiumCARE 8Yr/100K/$100 ESP. Will re-post when I get the quote back.

Wondering if those of you who have purchased the ESP have used the financing option through BUDCO? Have you had any problems with the process? Did they zing your credit when you did it? etc. Any thought would be great! Thanks

Wondering if those of you who have purchased the ESP have used the financing option through BUDCO? Have you had any problems with the process? Did they zing your credit when you did it? etc. Any thought would be great! Thanks

I always use it and it is free. There is no credit check. If you are more then 15 days late on a payment, your ESP goes inactive until the payment is made. I did the 18 month on my Explorer renewal and 24 month on my superduty and original Explorer ESP.

I'm on my 4th time using them.

I always use inside it is free. There is no credit check. If you are more then 15 days late on a payment, your ESP goes inactive until the payment is made. I did the 18 month on my Explorer renewal and 24 month on my superduty and original Explorer ESP.

I'm on my 4th time using them.
Same for me. I did 24 month on my Ex. No problems with the process nor any credit check.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I bought a couple weeks ago the finance guy said there was an additional $1,500 rebate available on service plans. He tried to sell me on everything under the sun of course (road hazard, paint protection, etc) to the tune of 5 grand plus, but the Premiumcare plan for 6yrs / 75,000 miles, $100 deductible ended up being around $800 after the rebate. Seemed like a good deal when sitting at his desk filling out all the paperwork but I haven't had a chance to research it yet. I can cancel it anytime and get most of my money back if it's not a good deal.

So to all the ESP experts on here, is that a fair deal?

Back