Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Peter,

Thanks - I will have a conversation with my local dealer tomorrow as well as request a formal quote/request from Anderson & Koch as they seem to have great prices as well. I am so close to being out of warranty that I want to sign this deal before I hit 36K (although my dealer said I have until 40K before the price goes up, but we shall see as they were a little higher than the online quote).

So, THANKS for the quick reply, and I will keep everyone posted as I plan to put the ESP in place this week.

Thanks again,
DaveR

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

May want to check floodfordesp.com, they have the same prices as Joel.

Hey everyone, one last quick question regarding an ESP using the PremiumCare 1000+ level:

- Other than what the brochure calls out at the bottom (in grey) regarding items not covered, which includes maintenance items, lighting (if I don't elect this option), and just other stuff I break, what won't be covered?

So my question is in the future what surprises do I have in store when I try and have something covered and they reject it? Does anything come to mind? I hate surprises, even on my birthday :) lol!

Thanks,
DaveR

Note - here is a link to "what's covered":

http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/files/3714/4830/0711/FordProtect_PremiumCARE_Brochure.pdf

Hey everyone, one last quick question regarding an ESP using the PremiumCare 1000+ level:

- Other than what the brochure calls out at the bottom (in grey) regarding items not covered, which includes maintenance items, lighting (if I don't elect this option), and just other stuff I break, what won't be covered?

So my question is in the future what surprises do I have in store when I try and have something covered and they reject it? Does anything come to mind? I hate surprises, even on my birthday :) lol!

Thanks,
DaveR

Note - here is a link to "what's covered":

http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/files/3714/4830/0711/FordProtect_PremiumCARE_Brochure.pdf
Many TSB's are not covered. Not sure if any are covered, actually.

Many TSB's are not covered. Not sure if any are covered, actually.
TSB's are covered under the factory warranty and ESP if taken out while still under the 3yr/36k warranty. I'm not sure if they are covered under the 'Used car ESP Warranty' but I doubt it.

Peter

I noticed I have an APIM related warranty extension but that's it. Good to know what is and isn't covered TSB wise. Thx.

Greetings!

I just purchased my 2014 explorer sport and will be purchasing an ESP. I followed the thread and just sent Joel a request for quote. And THANKS everyone, especially blwnsmoke for the info here! I am at 35,600 miles right now, looking to purchase the 7 year 125K package. It just so happens my vehicle that I purchased 3 weeks ago is getting some minor warranty work completed so it is in the shop (bummer). But anyway, I will keep everyone posted on where I land.

Again, great info here - thanks!
DaveR

Yes you can get a 7yr/125k.. you can do them all the way up to 8yr and 60, 75, 100, 125 and 150,000 mile intervals.

But you must buy it before you hit 36k..

I am still waiting for 3 weeks to get a reply back form Joel on my last email to him.

Did you use the ESP link or did you email him? IF it was an email, he gets 150+ spam emails a day and his filters are set pretty high. That is why you might not have received a reply via email.

He recommends the link and I've yet to see someone not get a reply back.

And yes someone can go to flood ford or a few of the other places that have dropped their prices to be equal to Joel but I'd rather see someone who is genuine and takes care of the customer by going above and beyond if he needs to get the $100 in profit then some 3rd party website where all they do is have you buy it through their website.

My $0.02

Did you use the ESP link or did you email him? IF it was an email, he gets 150+ spam emails a day and his filters are set pretty high. That is why you might not have received a reply via email.

He recommends the link and I've yet to see someone not get a reply back.

And yes someone can go to flood ford or a few of the other places that have dropped their prices to be equal to Joel but I'd rather see someone who is genuine and takes care of the customer by going above and beyond if he needs to get the $100 in profit then some 3rd party website where all they do is have you buy it through their website.

My $0.02

Totally with you here!! I have always been a big supporter of those who take care of forum members. I will keep everyone posted on my next steps as I will be making a purchase this week. And I did use the link and put a message in the comments regarding the forum :).

Thanks for everything,
DaveR

Greetings all -

I wanted to provide a quick update regarding my recent experience on my ESP premiumcare for my 2014 Explorer sport (35,900 miles'ish). I looked at three different sites/quotes, and each were identical. I elected to go with Joel at Two Rivers Ford in TN. Here is the link: http://tworiversford.com/ESP-Quote/. I sent the quote request on Sunday and decided since some said Joel wasn't responsive that I would call him directly on Monday (I found his pic/phone on the web). Here is it for reference: 615-889-9215 x349. He said he gets quite a few requests a day, and that mine hit his spam (so he quickly shot me a quote). He was GREAT to chat with, and very helpful. I elected to go with an 8 year 125K ESP (which was valid since my in service date was below 36 and I was under 36K miles). I provided Joel with my paperwork and I am waiting to finalize the deal. Also, they will do 24 months same as cash with a 10% deposit! Great to know.

So, I will follow-up once the deal is done but I wanted everyone to know Joel was great to work with but consider a call once you hit the "get quote" button.

DaveR

Just to add, please use joel's quote link first and give him 48 hours to get back to you. Generally he gets back within a few hours but like everyone, gets a day off here and there. He is one of the managers of the dealership so he is kept busy.

He does get a lot of emails sent to spam so feel free to call if you do not hear back.

Just to add, please use joel's quote link first and give him 48 hours to get back to you. Generally he gets back within a few hours but like everyone, gets a day off here and there. He is one of the managers of the dealership so he is kept busy.

He does get a lot of emails sent to spam so feel free to call if you do not hear back.

Yep. It will be worth the wait. Don't forget the no credit check free 0% 24 month financing too.:thumbsup:

Ford ESP

I know there are many threads on here about them. Just purchased a 2013 Ford Explorer with 70,000 miles and been gathering quotes from the many fine sites that are mentioned on here. At the dealership they tried to quote me the ESP coverage and when I told them what I could get if for online they said they were not even allowed to sell it at that price. They were very professional with me every step of the purchase and have every reason to believe they were being truthful with me. How are the "other" guys able to do it and make money?

I know there are many threads on here about them. Just purchased a 2013 Ford Explorer with 70,000 miles and been gathering quotes from the many fine sites that are mentioned on here. At the dealership they tried to quote me the ESP coverage and when I told them what I could get if for online they said they were not even allowed to sell it at that price. They were very professional with me every step of the purchase and have every reason to believe they were being truthful with me. How are the "other" guys able to do it and make money?

They make money by selling a lot of them. My dealer always matches the price I've gotten online. I don't believe the "not allowed to sell it at that price" story is coming from Ford, maybe the GM/Owner won't allow them sell it that low.

All the sites that have been listed on here sell New Vehicle warrantees. Because you are over 36,000 miles you have to buy a Used Vehicle ESP which are more expensive. They also require an inspection to be performed to make sure nothing is wrong (there is an inspection form) and then you must wait 30 days for it to go into effect.

You can not compare any of the prices from the link to what you need unfortunately. I also can't tell you what one should cost unfortunately because there is no online discount site that states the price.

All the sites that have been listed on here sell New Vehicle warrantees. Because you are over 36,000 miles you have to buy a Used Vehicle ESP which are more expensive. They also require an inspection to be performed to make sure nothing is wrong (there is an inspection form) and then you must wait 30 days for it to go into effect.

You can not compare any of the prices from the link to what you need unfortunately. I also can't tell you what one should cost unfortunately because there is no online discount site that states the price.

Zeigler Ford give a quote for the used vehicle warranties. You are correct there is a checklist that has to be filled out and a 30 day waiting period. Still their quote I was told is cheaper than my dealer is allowed to sell at.

Zeigler Ford give a quote for the used vehicle warranties. You are correct there is a checklist that has to be filled out and a 30 day waiting period. Still their quote I was told is cheaper than my dealer is allowed to sell at.

Just checked it out and that is the 1st time I've seen that from an online dealer.

Thanks for posting that.

I bought an ESP from Joel last year for our 2014. Very smooth transaction, and $1000 cheaper than either of our local dealers. BlwnSmoke, I did tell Joel he owed you a case of beer, or some type of stipend for all the business you send him!

Make sure your extended service plan is a genuine Ford ESP plan, not an aftermarket one. Some dealers sell third party service plans that may or may not be honored at a different Ford dealer.
I had an ESP plan I purchased at one dealer, had a problem with the differential a couple of years later. I went to a different (closer) dealer, they pulled up the warranty and did the repairs with no questions. Very smooth.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it true that us Canadians can buy ESP from US dealers and it's honored here in Canada?
If I can save a grand or so (factoring exchange rate), I would go that route.
Ballpark figure here is $3500 or so.

Back