Ford Motor Sport 347 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Motor Sport 347

sounds like it will be pretty impressive when it is done. keep us posted.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow,

Out of all the members on this forum only Troll and I have stroked 302's ? Well my engine is comming out tomorrow. I hope to have it back by next weekend. I hope it all goes smooth. If there is another "Stroker" out there please let me know. Thanks. Dom

like i'll ever be able to afford this....unless i sell a kidney...but how much did all your stuff cost?

It wound up costing more than I would have liked. Once you do something like this it's hard to pick a place to stop. Ex..leave stock throttlebody or upgrade to 70mm...change MAS...intake...etc...I know I'll be happy when I'm done.

I've spent $3800 on tht FMS shortblock, TFS heads,FMS headers, and cam....I spent another $550 on the FelPro gaskets, 1.6's rockers, 1" spacer and a few other things...I also want to buy a TFS Track-R intake, 80mmm MAS, 70mm throttlebody and a few more things....Where do you stop?

I bought the truck on Ebay for $10600 w/ 92K mi on it and it was MINT...I bought some Axis Vector wheels for $1725 and the labor for the engine swap was $500 plus my org shortblock...a bonus for having a father in the body business..

All told I think I'll have about $8000 on upgrades + $10,600 for the truck for a grand total of around $18,500 +/- a few bucks..I still need to do some suspension and braking upgrades and who knows how much more that will cost....If you consider how much a new Explorer would cost I think I'm doing pretty good....I know The truck will last and I love driving it...now it's going to be fun to see the looks on other "Ricers" and such when I blow their doors off..:)

I have pics of the whole process and will post when complete. Dom

Whooo-Hooo,

the old X 5.0 is out and the new 5.6?(347ci) is assembled. Now only the accessories have to be switched and some crankshaft "trigger" problem addressed. will post soon. Dom

my X is not STROKED yet but my mustang is :)

The X is next!!! Im planning right now on which way I am going....

what are you using for header??? you said FMS... are you using the Explorer FMS headers??

Yeah, I'm using one for a 98'. I need to modify it with a sensor though.

so what are u using for your stroker set-up??

stock block? what stroker kit?

I am deciding now between a 331 and a 342..... forged internals.... 14lbs of boost. See where that takes me....
Im not sure how well that will breath though with my FMS Explorer shortie headers.....

what are you using for heads??

Hey Pur Pony

I went with the FMS 347 short block found in the Ford Racing catalog. It's assembled by Ford in the same plant they put together the 5.0 I believe. anyway I figured they built a good engine so I went with them as opposed to someone loike DSS. We shall see if I'm happy in the long run. I also went with Trick Flow Aluminum heads 2.02/1.6.

I thought you were selling the X?

I was selling it... its still for sale if the price was right.... but i have found to many cool things i want to get and try on it....!!

I do not think the fms headers will fit with trick flow heads. Infact I do not think they will fit on any head except GT-40 P heads.

Hey Bill,

Well I won't know for another day or so, my mechanic is doggin' it with the assembly. He's just about to finish assembling the 347 and should be addressing the header situation in another day or two. I'm going nuts and can't wait to see how it runs.

I've pretty much decided to go with the EE supercharger and I want to see what fuel supply requirements you think I should go with.

I'm thinking 80mm MAS, 70mm throtlebody, and 36lb injectors. I also believe I'll need to add an in-line fuel pump, but I'm not sure.

I'll be sure to bring it down in the next week or two when it's done and let you check things out. Dom

sounds, awesome, i can't wait for pics and or dyno results/quarter mile times. I think its sweet that for under the price of a new explorer your getting one that is 3 times faster, and upgraded in every way. screw buying new cars. keep up the good work.

what pump are you running in the tank?

at the moment...stock.

its been a couple of weeks... any updates?

I picked it up Sat...It's in and in my driveway.......very fast......will post more with pics in a day or two.

glad to hear it. i figured you were out having fun driving it and forgot all about us...:D

hey dom do you still have the stock tranny and rear end? any upgrades on the suspension? i cannot wait to get mine done in a few months. anyone know of a good mechanic that can do this for me being that this is too big a task to tackle by myself. i live in southern mississippi in gulfport. i would be doing it around christmas time or early january. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey rocket 5979,

The tranny is stock, and I'll be adding a shift kit next week. As for the rear I swapped out the 3.73 for a 4.10 and now it really jumps out of the hole. Dom

Back