- August 4, 2013
- Reaction score
- City, State
- Year, Model & Trim Level
- 2014 Sport - Darth Vader
No, I heated up the doublesided tape and reinstalled the original one, sticks like glue. Then stuck the new black overlay on top. Looks fineSo Ferrari, since we both had removed are emblems completely form our vehicles, in guessing you had to purchase a new emblem from ford and remove the blue ford tin and fit the black one on that Tim sent you?
What method did you use to install it Ferrari?
This is also who I ordered my set from - Will look at putting them on tomorrow.. In my case getting them was a mess of wrong addresses and a long wait, mainly my fault but we both sort of blew it multiple times back and forth.Ebay username - - downatthebuilding
On the front, I removed the two screws from behind and using a plastic pry tool, pryed the front emblem on both sides and it popped right off.
The rear emblem is doublesided tape only, no bolts. I used the same plastic pry tool and gently went around the entire emblem prying until it popped off.
I have a '14, not sure if the '13's were different on how the emblems were put on.
Best way to do it.I ordered from that guy as well and this is what I did.
1. Remove emblem assembly from vehicle
2. Remove Tin overlay from assembly use a heat gun or blowdryer. it is like a hot glue adhesive and comes of not bad with heat. i used a pair of needle nose to grab the tin and started rolling it off.
3. Remove excess glue using heat gun and flat tool like a screwdriver or utility knife
4. Install new tin overlay on the assembly using double sided tape that is already installed
5. Remove double sided tape on the back of assembly and use goo gone to fully clean off then install new 3M double sided tape
6. Stick on and admire.
i admit it was a bit of work to do it but better than dealing with him on a return or exchange. Hopefully this helps someone out.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|K||Full Throttle hesitation - PIU||Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods||3|
|A||full led headlights and front grille Ford Explorer 17||Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods||20|
|G||Ford Explorer Sport Fluids- Converting To Fully Synthetic||Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods||9|
|P||Full catback without the drone? 3.5 NA||Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods||6|
|I||Integrated Aftermarket Stereo - Hopefully soon for MFT!||Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods||0|