How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

Actually 1st gen. 418,x... Been sitting over a year now. Trying to get it back on the road.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

227k on my '96. Had to rebuild the tranny at 125k. It had a worn out shift fork hole in the tranny case so it made a horrendous noise when shifting into second. A tranny shop pulled it apart but didn't see the damage. I inspected it, saw it, and had bronze bushings made for the case. Haven't had a single non-maintenance problem since. I plan on putting another 227k on her...

2000 XL explorer 160000
front ball joints
power steering pump
trans needs a rebuild

195K with only the last 5k or 6k put on by me. The power steering pump has been crying the whole time but I only drive it within 25 miles of home so haven't fixed it yet. Wish I had the money right now (unemployed) to fix it but need to hold on to what I have to survive.

I'm about to hit 600000 with same engine, second trans!!

Coming up on 170,000.

What tires are those?

sorry about not replying sooner.

yokohama geolander m/t are the tires you see from the front. I currently have mickey thompson atz's that you see in the muddy pic. I have had those tires on for a very long time and alot of miles now. I am very surprised as to how long they have lasted.

This thread just reminded me of how bad I felt when this happened a couple weeks ago

903661_10200397168785538_774962920_o_zpsd6f40a81.jpg

I forgot I was going to roll over, and noticed when I was just a few miles away from home.

My 01 is at 186,600! But it just recently got the timing chain rattle (and it's ugly) :(

flushing the power steering pump and running lucas in it quieted mine down alot.

I've probably posted here but my 98 5.0 has 192,053 at the current moment and won't be rising, she's going under a major front and rear end overhaul ATM :)

236K plus. Needs a lot of TLC but I'm getting after it. New tranny this year for sure...much needed. About to do rear end suspension, anti-sway, etc. Front end completed three years ago. Ball joints, control arms, tie-rods, all the anti-sway, etc. Got all the parts, waiting for weather. Engine rebuild also in the near future (top and bottom). Body suffering from Ohio winters. Lots of parts already on the shelf, just a matter of time. Achieving 500K is not out of the question.

Just passed through 50K:)

Just passed through 50K:)

Just rolled over 182k, original trans and engine! But the rust is what will be her demise...

301K on my '98 Mountaineer V8. Original engine and trans, but the t-case and rear axle have been replaced. Just put a water pump and timing gear set in a few thousand miles back.

598200!!! You got a long way to go brother !! My explorer has been around the us a few times pulling band trailers !!!

97 with 99 engine and tranny, 85k

My 1999 is nearing 147K. Just replaced front ball joints this weekend:) I'm no minivan mom:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 99 has 178k. Original engine and transmission.

Back