• Register Today It's free!

How many of you got Mustangs?

2001gtboy

Reaction score
City, State
Stateboro, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 GT, 48 CJ2a
I noticed in a few convos, a bunch of people here had some Mustangs, so naturally id love to hear about em.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Used to have

I just sold her in the fall 88 convertible cobra lookalike it was sweet and i had a ton of money into it.I have been looking at a 95 gt:D

doh! Whatcha sell her for? Im looking into a 3rd car, id like a vert big time!

my dad has a 1969 mustang mach I. it has a 351 ci V-8. it's a cool looking car, and it's pretty quick. but he rarely takes it out of his garage.

i have a black 89 mustang lx race car 347 tfs high port heads Vtech mondo blower 12 point rollbar tub dfi hogan intake jw two speed glide trans msd 7al 9.20@149.5 looking for 8.90s this year

i should kick myself in the ass I had cobra wheels cobra hood stalker front clip,special edition rear wing,borla headers with x-pipe,cobra intake and heads, pro 5.0 shifter,200mph speedo.It needed paint and a top but was 100% rust free and fast.I traded it for my lifted 92xlt

Ok, I'll probably get bashed left and right for saying this on a ford forum but if you want the most power for your dollar and an overall faster muscle car, look into a F-body

Little boys wear boy ties:p

haha, yea yea, i've heard it all , when it come down to it though, you get more HP for your $$$ with the F-body as well as a faster car. The only thing I can say for a mustang is that it sounds a lot better and it's not a rice mobile, it's still the classic real wheel drive american muscle :D

Originally posted by red96camaro
Ok, I'll probably get bashed left and right for saying this on a ford forum but if you want the most power for your dollar and an overall faster muscle car, look into a F-body

isnt this the last year for the camaros and firebirds? or is it next year?

In my humble opinion the mustang are a better looking car I love the 87-93 era Ford put alot of bad ass cars on the road back then,and I have had 6 mustangs between them years and I put a ass whipin on everyone I had except the last one and they took it time and time again.Ford really knows how to build a engine:D

Yes, this is the last year for the F-Body...thank god...(thats my "Ford dealership employee" side talking)...I've got a '73 GT Vert, finally got the BOSS 302 in her...fast car...too bad its brown!

I had an '88 5.0 LX. All black with very dark windows. Lowered about an inch and a half. Not too many mods under the hood. Better headers and the standard K&N air filter. But I had it outfited with a 5 1/4 inch Monster Tach, plus two liquid fild guages that replaced the two top vents. They displayed the water temp and oil pressure. With all those guages lighting up my car at night it sure provoked a lot of races. :D
Unfortunetly some old fvcker t-boned me in the drivers door and it got totaled out. Then I bought a '86 Yamaha FZ600 and an '88 Accord as a daily driver. And since I'm on a roll here I wrecked the bike, then sold it, and my Accord got rear ended and it got totaled out. Then I bought my Explorer. :D Then a few months ago I bought a '91 Porsche 944S2. And knock on wood I am able to keep that more then a year or two before somebody get's their bumper embeded into it somewhere. :rolleyes: God I hate stupid people. ...but ya...I had an '88 Mustang. :D

Yea, this is the last year, the rumor says though that the F-body or at least the camaro will come back within 5 years of it going away, marketing strategy I guess.

F-body is going out. They do have more stock HP, but have you prices any of the aftermarket stuff? My brother had a 94 TransAm and spent right $2500 in stuff for it. Cold air induction, lowered it, ported heads, headers(that took forever to put on), 3.73 gear. All that wasn't worth it just to get 14 seconds flat on street tires in an automatic. Now he has a 91 trunk car that runs 13.66 and has spent only about 1500 on upgrades. mustang parts are cheaper. That is why I sold my 68 Chevelle and got an 88 GT. Hope to have it going by the end of June. Can't wait.

Good luck with your stang Josh:D

Originally posted by red96camaro
Yea, this is the last year, the rumor says though that the F-body or at least the camaro will come back within 5 years of it going away, marketing strategy I guess.

from what i heard, GM was planning to bring back the camaro in a few years but it will be totally redesigned. it will be a FWD V-6. just like the Impala.
didnt hear anything about the pontiac firebird.

the firebird is coming back the same way i think. i have also heard that the mustang is going to be made into a fwd car with a 4 banger with twin turbos. sad to see all the back wheel drive cars going away :(

Originally posted by Josh Adams
the mustang is going to be made into a fwd car with a 4 banger with twin turbos

that would be a cool car, but i dont think it should be a mustang. give it a new name. are you sure it's not a V-6 twin turbo, or a 4 cyl single turbo. 2 turbos on a 4 cyl seems like too much boost for a small engine. but if they make it, i'll buy one:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stock for stock, yes the slowmaro has more HP. But at the same time were talking a bigger engine by just over a liter. For the money though, if you took the amount of money it took for a camaro, you could make the Mustang faster. Plus in my view, the Camaro are ugly things, but i must say i would kill for a WS6 vert. They also tend to have more problems then stangs. Terrible rear end problems, thats why todays best GM dragster use ford 9inch rear ends :D nice to see such a following........

Back