How many of you got Mustangs? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many of you got Mustangs?

2001 GT

2001 GT
True Blue
5 speed
Torq-Thrust Rims

No mods . . . yet

Paul

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friend has a '99 Mustang. She calls it Ford. It is black with four legs.

Oh, are we talking about cars?:rolleyes:

2002 candy apple red, v-6 though:( It is my wife's car , I tried to get her to get a v-8 but no luck, runs great though:D

1984 LX Rag top,originlly V-6 now 289 transplanted from a 1965 Fairlane, C-4 tranny ,edelbrock ,intake, holley carb.etc.etc.

well i can help people with 99+ mod advise, but im still learning the 5.0 and sn95s. any others with mods?

Our Mustang

Dead Link Removed

Mustang GT
5.0 V-8
AODE
completely stock

Red96camaro, I think camaros are great but my mind may be changed after seeing the 2003 SVT Cobra..Anyways back to my original question. What kind of camaro did you have, what mods did you have, and what times did it run? thanks peace

Here's my wifes 94 GT. She said it was too quiet and too slow so I added 3.73 gears, off road H-Pipe, 40 series Flowmasters, and underdrive pulleys. It runs a 14.1@98mph on street tires. She still says it aint fast enough, so heads, intake, and a cam are in the works. :rolleyes:
3.jpe

Originally posted by red96camaro
If you think an american car is reliable good for you. If I baught I vehicle that I wanted to be reliable it would be some jap crap, but I usually keep other things over reliability :D

Our Mustang has 120,000 miles on it and the only thing that has been replaced is a battery and a water pump. My 94 S10 has 117,000 miles on it and nothing has been replaced but 2 batteries. My 89 Cherokee has 168,000 miles on it and it has only had an A/C compressor and 3 batteries replaced. I expect my Explorer to make it just as long. My father-in-law's 86 Bronco had 386,000 miles on it and it just slung a rod earlier this year. American cars can last just as long as Jap crap if you keep good maintenance on them.

My old camaro was crap. At the time I just wanted a car that looks nice. It was a RS with 3800 series II engine. Nothing special at all. I now have another RS without drivetrain. I'm lloking for a worked z28 engine for it. I'm in no rush to find one either since I'm completely broke, my liscence is almost gone, and my auto insurance is through the roof. I learned my lesson and I'll keep it to the track now :) Hey, I aint trying to know mustangs, I'm just trying to show people there is another american muscle car that is in my opinion a better value, and it is without a doubt more HP for you $$$.

About reliablity. I'll go with some american cars are reliable but the american muscle car isn't on the top of my list. I never had a problem with my camaro besides a power window motor but I doubt it would make it past 200K like my ford fiesta did. haha, that car was killer.

You guys have some nice stangs too. Wednesday nights here in Utica NY is fast and the furious wannabe night and I gotta admit I was drooling over a 2000 cobra blown and juiced! :eek:

cheap can be a good thing !!!

i sell used cars at a ford dealership - and get to see used muscle cars on a relatively regular basis and typically pic up a car every summer to toy with. this year it's an 85LX 5.0 Vert ($2500 base investment)

IMO - you can't beat a fox-body mustang 79-93, they're cheap from beginning to end - giving you unmatched performance for the dollar.

stangfront.JPG

last year i had an 80 vette that was gorgeous, but @ 4 times the price it couldn't hold a candle to the stang

vette.JPG

Hey Toad - what the dealio ????
my names Todd - your names Todd
i own a 93 XLT - you own a 92 XLT
i own a 85 LX Vert - you own a 84 LX Vert
STOP TRYING TO COPY ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RTStork
Here's my wifes 94 GT. She said it was too quiet and too slow so I added 3.73 gears, off road H-Pipe, 40 series Flowmasters, and underdrive pulleys. It runs a 14.1@98mph on street tires. She still says it aint fast enough, so heads, intake, and a cam are in the works. :rolleyes:

I gotta find a woman like that :D

BTW, I have a friend with a yellow '01 GT ;)

HEY, TSTONE I Guess good taste goes with the name :) Im just a year behind ya .

I've had 3 :

1969 Coupe w/302
1969 Mach 1 w/351
1970 Mach 1 w/351

Up next - 2002(3) Mach 1 (fingers crossed)

and u didnb't keep any of them?:(

#1 was a rust bucket - First car when I was 16
#2 (the '70) was totaled on the Saw Mill Parkway in Bedford NY. That one hurt cause I had the car 5 years and was 1/2 way done restoring it......
#3 was a project car that I never got around to really fixing.... Got married, no money to restore it. Was slowly rotting in the driveway. Sold it to a 15yr old whose Dad restored cars for $750. They fixed it up nice last I saw it.

I've got a '64 1/2 in need of serious TLC (it runs and needs a full restoration - it is untouched original and it shows...) parked right next to my '87 IROC Camaro in the garage. They're both nice and they get along just fine ;) . One of these days I will have the time and $$ to start restoring the Mustang... Here is a pic of it taken shortly after I purchased it (yes, I bought it in this condition):

Dead Link Removed

Sorry, it looks like the picture isn't working (dang GeoCities block...). Here is the link to the website with all the pictures and info. Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by TPLYNCH
#1 was a rust bucket - First car when I was 16
#2 (the '70) was totaled on the Saw Mill Parkway in Bedford NY. That one hurt cause I had the car 5 years and was 1/2 way done restoring it......
#3 was a project car that I never got around to really fixing.... Got married, no money to restore it. Was slowly rotting in the driveway. Sold it to a 15yr old whose Dad restored cars for $750. They fixed it up nice last I saw it.

ok next time u sell a Mach1 or a 69 in ur life for around 1000 call me! If it moves uphill on its on power,ill take it and drive it home!!!!:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by red96camaro
I dunno, as far as reliability, I think they both suck pretty bad, mustangs and f-bodies.

If they make the F-body FWD who is gonna buy it? I'll make a trip to the dealer late on night just to piss on one.

For the recored as completely stock camaro ss which you can pick up for just $20,870 list price will run 13.9 in the 1/4 with street tires, and a mustang cobra which is $27,470 list price will run it in 14.1 again, stock. Now you guys may be mustang fans for reasons such as looks, sounds, or aftermarket but how can ya tell me a mustang is a better value out the lot?

Cause its BUILT FORD TOUGH?

Back