How much off MSRP for ST? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much off MSRP for ST?

Correct, as I said above, July 2nd is the start of Q3, hoping to see something. When the 5th gen came out, they had a $1,000 rebate which dropped down to $500 a few months after. I would think Ford will offer something public but it would be minimal. And then hoping for something private on top of it.
Do you recall if the rebate was out the gate (upon initial release)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was around Dec of 2010 when we ordered and they had the rebate which I had locked in. I dont remember when they first launched.

I have the X plan, should I expect a lower price as well? Built 6/26/19

I have the X plan, should I expect a lower price as well? Built 6/26/19

Xplan is a decent way to get a reasonable deal without having to negotiate. Xplan is about $100 over invoice with $375 in fees ($100 doc and $275 admin). So essentially you are $475 (let's round to $500) over invoice.

There are dealers that will offer better pricing then this. As I had posted, I am getting roughly $1,800 below invoice which is about $2,300 lower than you.

Some have to travel further, I have to fly to get it but my cost of a flight and fuel is minimal compared to the additional savings.

Xplan is a decent way to get a reasonable deal without having to negotiate. Xplan is about $100 over invoice with $375 in fees ($100 doc and $275 admin). So essentially you are $475 (let's round to $500) over invoice.

There are dealers that will offer better pricing then this. As I had posted, I am getting roughly $1,800 below invoice which is about $2,300 lower than you.

Some have to travel further, I have to fly to get it but my cost of a flight and fuel is minimal compared to the additional savings.
I guess I will find out but was not expecting any dealers fees above the $100 doc fee per the agreement: "
  • The X-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items."

I guess I will find out but was not expecting any dealers fees above the $100 doc fee per the agreement: "
  • The X-Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "X-Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice. The New Vehicle Purchase Program price includes advertising, finance costs, transportation, fuel charges and Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items."

Sorry, I misspoke. The $275 admin fee is already factored into the Xplan price. So yes, xplan + $100 doc fee. But again, that price has a $275 fee built in. Adjusting based on that, xplan is about $200-$225 over invoice. So one has about $2,000 worth of negotiating room over Xplan if you can find a volume dealer who wants to move product.

Screenshot_20190630-183846_Chrome.jpg

My local Ford guy has offered me $4200 off without even trying. I've seen some on various places for above MSRP. Crazy talk. He's got an ST coming in for dealer stock, so plan on having the wifey take it for a drive to make sure it's something she's going to like. If she does, then we'll talk numbers. The one he has coming in is about 60k MSRP. Just want a basic $54k one with no other options. So I'm hoping to maybe get it for about $47k before trade or equity if we sell it outright.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I very much doubt that they are going to drop $13k off the price. I thought the $4200 was more than expected. The base ST starts at $54,740 according to the Ford website. I'm guessing the one coming in likely has the Street Pack, the Premium Technology Package and Twin Panel Moonroof. That bumps it up to $59,520.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I very much doubt that they are going to drop $13k off the price. I thought the $4200 was more than expected. The base ST starts at $54,740 according to the Ford website. I'm guessing the one coming in likely has the Street Pack, the Premium Technology Package and Twin Panel Moonroof. That bumps it up to $59,520.

Peter

He is looking for a base one ($54k) and Hope's to get it for $47k (not possible without rebates). The one coming in is $60k but only wants his wife to drive it to make sure she likes it. He will still get a basic ST with no options.

:chug:

He is looking for a base one ($54k) and Hope's to get it for $47k (not possible without rebates). The one coming in is $60k but only wants his wife to drive it to make sure she likes it. He will still get a basic ST with no options.

:chug:
I read it as 47 after his trade.

Thanks. Makes more sense now reading it the second time. Reading comprehension issues.o_O

Peter

I read it as 47 after his trade.

I'm hoping to sell the 4Runner outright prior to buying the Explorer ST-That's the hope anyway. However....the dealer has already given me a fabulous trade number for it that I could hardly pass up honestly. It's crazy what 4Runner's hold for resale value. So figuring I get that great trade or selling it outright....will have almost $10k equity to put into the Explorer ST.

according to fords website we do have a rebate of $1750 for RCL, offer is good until september

Screenshot (34).png

Lease only... ugh. I was surprised to see Ford financing at 8.9.

I have said it a few times, nobody should be paying more than invoice on any Explorer.

If anyone is looking, Koons Ford will sell any ST for $500 over Dplan (about $1,300 under invoice) with a $300 doc fee. If you have an Xplan pin, same price but only a $100 doc fee.

Any other Explorer is at Dplan pricing

I have said it a few times, nobody should be paying more than invoice on any Explorer.

If anyone is looking, Koons Ford will sell any ST for $500 over Dplan (about $1,300 under invoice) with a $300 doc fee. If you have an Xplan pin, same price but only a $100 doc fee.

Any other Explorer is at Dplan pricing

Hopefully Blwnsmoke will find some Q3 incentives for us. This morning Ford only had the $750 Military discount for the 2020 Explorer. More to come?

The new rebates including private offers are not for any 2020.

41908.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

image.jpg
Only showing-$750 RCL customer cash. Could it be by area!

Back