• Register Today It's free!

hp dana 44 out of 78 f250

ssb360

Reaction score
City, State
philomath
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91
alright so tomorrow i will be picking up my axles for my sas project and the donor truck is a 78 f250 ranger camper special with hp d44 and d60 with 4.10 gears. i just got back from looking at the truck again and the guy told me that its a full time 4 wheel drive. so has anybody used this axle or should i buy it? i think it would work, i can just disengage it from the transfer case in and out of 2wd and 4wd. so help would be great do have much time, i'm gathering all the parts and going to start hopefully on my b day this month.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm using a HP44 & D60 from a '79 F250. I'm waiting on the axles to come back from the shop and a few more parts to really start in on a 3 link.

I'm going leaf spring for now, i am getting a killer deal on the axle and all the part's i need. and some friends to help out and now i am debating on what leaf spring to use. i could use the f250 springs or just go to the junk yard and get a set of explorer springs.

All you have to do on that axle is put lockouts on it. Thats the only difference... the fulltime 4x4 trucks had the 203 transfer case and drive flanges in the front instead of lockouts.

Back