Paul Gagnon

Poseur SUV
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, Alberta eh?
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
On Friday I was looking at the Ford website out of curiosity to see what the process for reserving a Bronco was when I decided, what the hell and signed up for one.

I reserved a two door Badlands. The options list is not available yet but I will choose rapid red with the V6, samsquanch package and leather seats. I am pretty excited!

Now I have to decide whether I keep my Explorer, sell it or part it out.

3466CB02-64EA-420D-AA56-7A71E9AF0C2E.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It really has just about everything that people have been asking automakers to build. I think it is awesome. Still though, there’s always someone who is going to complain.

The only major complaint I have is the lack of manual transmission with the bigger engine.

Oh, and the major dealer markup's and other problems the first model year is going to bring..

The only major complaint I have is the lack of manual transmission with the bigger engine.

Oh, and the major dealer markup's and other problems the first model year is going to bring..

Yeah it would be nice to have the option but to be honest I would probably choose the automatic anyway.

First model year should not have to many issues on these. The power train has already been proven except the manual trans. There could be body issues with so many removeable panels.

I'm normally "don't buy the first model year" guy too, but wasn't worried with the Ranger. Engine and transmission already exists, and the body and frame had been around in the world for years. 🤷‍♂️

I'm gonna get me a 2021...In 2031!

jealous for sure
I'm in love with the 2021 bronco I have it as my screen saver downstairs.
Its so similar to the wifes FJ its not even funny (frame ans suspension wise)

FACTORY TURBO in a Bronco!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah buddy....me likely
I bet the 4 banger with the 7 speed would only need a couple of tasty upgrades to be a real hoot to drive
Back to the short wheelbase off roader! THANK YOU FORD, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
I love driving my little BII, and it was a real pile from the factory floor....this new horsie has some real potential

Imagine all the aftermarket suppliers are going nuts already. Something other than a Jeep or a Toyota to modify. Bolt-on bonanza!

Hey Guys! Old Guy here who hasn't posted in years! I too plunked down my Franklin on the 13th to reserve a 2021 Pony! Whoo Hooo! Badlands 4Dr, with Sasquatch pkg! Like the old Explorer Sport, the 2dr just doesn't have enough room for extended OR trips for 2. Never had any probs with my Gen-1 4drs, except for a very few trails, where at my age, I've got no business going anymore, anyway! My Gen-3 4 dr gets around fine too.

Do any of you other ROF's remember how long ago it was when we took that group of Ford engineers on that Truckhaven trip, and helped them trash the prototype Sport Track? It's sure been a while, Jan. 2000, I think, and the purpose of that trip was to help design a "Wrangler Fighter". Well here we are, 20 years later! I too don't normally buy the first model year of a newly designed vehicle either, so I sure hope in that 20 years they got it right!

RayH, AKA Packrat

Whoa, Ray is back!!

Long time no see! I heard they are having some setbacks already pushing back the release date.

I have been driving a 1988 Bronco II for 25 years. No rear doors, no top comes off, but it is still a Bronco and I love it! Never had anything so much fun to drive. Well the new 2021 Bronco looks like something I could replace it with...Im in love! So congrats! Can't wait to see it, hopefully Ford comes through with these things, they gotta live up to all this Hype!

Rick and All!

Placed our Bronco actual order at the end of March. No expected delivery date as of yey, but our dealer is very good, as is Ford with updates!
Badlands, Sasquarch, Warn winch, High Package, petty much loaded with 360 cam, larger engine, Auto, etc. Told ours may even be a 2022 bc of the options we picked may be delayed.

I asked this before, but does anypne remember our Truckhaven trip with the team of Ford engineers that were going to design a "Wrangler Fighter"? What was it, about 20 years ago?? Also, was that Ford Team Leader Jim Farley, the now CEO of Ford??

Ray Hutchinson, AKA Packrat

Ford's term at the time was "Jeep Eater". Two decades later they finally got around to it.

Ford is having a hard time building anything right now with the national chip shortage :(

I'm late to this thread, but wow, Ray Hutchinson is back! Dana Point Fire Captain (retired), correct?

Loren Healy will have a kit to fit 40s on the bronco by the time it comes out. He took his 4dr Badlands Sasquatch Bronco to EJS and it was impressive in stock form. His "Fun-Haver" Ranger as @Stic-o pointed out, is basically the same frame and running gear with a different body.

Good luck with it, Paul!

I'm thinking about a 4dr Ranger in the future...

Back