Completed Project - jamest's "RE-SAS" | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Completed Project jamest's "RE-SAS"

Use this prefix for completed projects that are not "How to" articles or threads asking for help.
... or SAS pt.II, or SAS redeux, or axle remix thread. :p:

As some of you know, ive recently got a 94 sport that is the typical fullwidth HP44 with coils/arms, fullwidth 9" type swap. Its currently on radial 36" Iroks.

Right now im lowering it down 4" and extending the wheelbase a couple of inches. It wheels great but its just too tall for what i want to do. Ive got some Bilstein 7100's in the mail and my general idea is to make this more of a dual sport type rig that can get it on the rocks and also be able to blast some fire roads and play on the sandbars here in the summer.

Currently the truck has 4" blocks under the back and a "W" shaped set of hybrid 4 door packs. Im going to take the blocks out, throw on a freshened set of low mile 4door leaves with the overload removed, run anti-wrap pertches with the holes redrilled to move the rear back on the springs 2".

Pic below is why you DONT run shock boots. This was an Arizona rig and never really saw any mud after sureshot40sw bought it-

Attachments

• sas1.jpg
    sas1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 4,784

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep watching over the next couple of months... more cool stuff to come. ;)

It's never finished. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man over the years I've been off the forums, I've missed so much. You selling the bronco, getting an X and creating the most bad ass build I have ever seen. Once I get my truck up here and replace the motor, SAS or equivelant, and what other misc crap I have to fix from sitting in a barn for 4 years, were going to have to hit up Hot Springs. I gotta buddy up here that has a lifted 05 and is dying for some action.

But awesome build, I read the whole thing while I'm supposed to be at work. Great job and I can't wait to see what else is to come.

I'm watching! Got some good ideas for trimming my rockers from you, which I'm gonna cut soon. My son now wants to paint my ex green after seeing yours. I'll be looking out for the next upgrade. Keep up the good work.

It took a while to locate (these are on supermega backorder) but i found a set of almost new 37" Rockers. It might be a while before i mount them- i think im going to run the Irok drag radials through hunting season

Attachments

• sas84.jpg
    sas84.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 732

I got to try out the PBR's over new years and i love them! Hot Springs had a freak snowstorm which was melting when we got there... that place typically has no traction when wet. These things flat out hook. I only had to winch once.

Attachments

• hotsprings1.jpg
    hotsprings1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 489

I have a friend that has those on his ranger and he loves them. Great looking sport

Nothing to update really, as i havent done any work to the rig and have just been wheeling the crap out of it...

Got on some sandbars along Red river the other day and did some high speed testing. GF took this pic that has a goofy road grader look to it. I dunno if it was her phone or the fact that i had it pinned at 60mph

Attachments

• redriver1.jpg
    redriver1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 442

Back