Jrgaylor's 91 Explorer full width D44/9 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jrgaylor's 91 Explorer full width D44/9

Full Width Axle Swap

FRONT
Cage extended tubular radius arms
6 1/2" W/Winch BC Bronco springs
F-250 front shock mount (with 3/16” 2”X4” tube spacer) bolted and welded to frame
Rancho RS99261 shocks front
Superlift Adjustable Trac-Bar for 76-79 F100-F150 (Modified)
Superlift Extended brake lines for 89-97 RANGER, BRONCO II, 90-94 EXPLORER (Modified calipers)
Warn Premium hubs
Moog upper & lower ball joints
1 1/2" DOM draglink and tie rod with chevy TRE's
Yukon Superjoints
Yukon Chromoly Axles
Yukon Gears 4.86
ARB Air locker
Dana 44 from a 78 F-150
Stock 78 F-150 Coil Buckets (with 3/16” 2”X4” tube spacer) bolted and welded to frame
Stock 78 F-150 Trac Bar Mount (spaced out 1” bolted to steering gear box, weld to coil bucket and frame and welded gusset to frame)
Tie rod over knuckle conversion draglink and tie rod 1 1/2" DOM and Chevy tie rod ends

REAR
7" Long spring perch (spring over axle conversion)
Rancho RS99254 shocks rear (shock mounts stock 9” swapped side for side and welded to back side of axle)
Yukon gears 4.88
Yukon Chromoly Axles
ARB Air locker
James Duff 9” Skid plate
Stock 78 F-150 brake line
ARB Heavy Duty Airline Kit #HDAL

TIRES
Super Swamper IROK'S Radials 37X12.5-15

OTHER
ARB Air compressor mounted next to radiator
Stock 91 explorer front drive shaft 1310 u-joints
Stock 91 explorer rear shaft with extended slip yoke 1310 & 1310/1330 ******* U-joints

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

i was just wondering what the actual width of the full width dana 44 versus lika waggy 44 or early bronco 44. I just purchased a 44 thats out of a ford but im not sure what it is exactly.

i was just wondering what the actual width of the full width dana 44 versus lika waggy 44 or early bronco 44. I just purchased a 44 thats out of a ford but im not sure what it is exactly.

the EB44 is about the same as what you have now the f-150/bronco 44 is about 6" wider and a 44 from a f250 is about 9" wider

I upgraded from the factory radius arms to the extended radius arms made by Cage offroad
Before about the middle of the ramp
IM001452Small.jpg

After top of the ramp
100_1186Small.jpg

100_1188Small.jpg

100_1187Small.jpg

Before
IM001279Small.jpg

After
100_1184Small.jpg

100_1185Small.jpg

Looks good. I got my new cage arms on, but have no spacers for the hiems so I have to wait. Hope I get that much flex.

Heims are what's up, yo.

Got the truch up and running. went out and tested out the flex today on the trail and it flexes great. I love the cage arms. It was worth it after all with all the problems I had when dealing with cage.

oh yeah that truck look sa weet,that is some hella flex.ok so i have a new thing to add to the list...cage arms(without the b/s from cage distributer's).

Hey where did you order all your steering from? and do you still have the reamer that you used?

I ordered everthing for my steering including reamer from completeoffroad.com, I have been happy dealing with Mike he has the best prices and fast shipping, I also bought my arb's,gears, and axles from him

Are you still running the BCBroncos coils?

Nice flex!!!

Are you still running the BCBroncos coils?

Nice flex!!!

yes I am, I am still impressed with how with how smooth they are off road

nobody has posted on this a while but your setup is almost identical to mine. i was just wanting to know more about the trac bar spacing and mount. pictures would be great.

I do not have the explorer anymore, I swapped everthing over to a Bronco2.
I am using a stock f-150 tracbar currently and have used a Adjustable tracbar for the same. The current set up works but I am not happy with it after the Moab run in 2 weeks I am going to redo the trac bar and mount

i think i might have moved my axle too far forward, my bucket almost covers the rear steering box bolt. i'm just trying to think of a way to mount my trac bar mount where i can still reach the bolts to remove the steering box if i need to. i mocked it up and when turned right the trac bar made contact with the draglink. i'll get it figured out eventually.

Take your time, I was rushed when I swapped over to bronco2 and now I need to do some more work to it.

What trac bar did you use? i'm going to intergrate my trac bar mount to my bucket spacers. i'm thinking of the b.c. bronco adjustabe trac bar, i like the hiem joint on the frame side. the mount was something i thought so hard about and answer was so simple. the bar is adjustable between 28 and 33" I think that what'll work for me. i'll put up some pics as it progresses. You may not have your explorer but your post on her still inspires people.

It has been awhile but I think it was a superlift trac bar

Back