Just installed 9007 harness from SUVlights.com | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just installed 9007 harness from SUVlights.com

I know its been said here before,but this thing is a Godsend. This is SOOO much easier than wiring up the relays from scratch. I am REALLY glad I ordered this thing.....hahaha.
Did not take too long to get(bout a week and a half),and I was emailed usps tracking info when it did ship. I know people who ordered in the past had concerns,but things seem to have gotten better in that respect.

I've been wanting to wire up some 55/100 watt lights for my Mustang,but was too lazy to wire it all up. Now I'm going to finally do it but I am just getting another one of these to do it. Definately a first class product,as far as I am concerned.
Some have said it could be done for less money and the price is too high(i think it was ~$58),but I think it was well worth the money.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So they have them back in stock. :) I've been emailing them for updates and haven't heard anything. I want to get one for the new headlight install.

Joe

I must agree with LBoy. I had the wiring harness in my 98 GTP, my 99 F150 and now in my 99 Eddie Bauer Explorer. I also have the Silverstars hooked up. I'm always flashing my headlights in the middle of the night and smiling. Even after over a year of using the setup! LOL. I'm such a immature person

I made my own harness for about $10 with 10 gauge wiring for my HID conversion. nothing against this kit, but it can be done much cheaper and with higher quality components at that. Your paying for the ease of installation because your inexperienced- but thats life, glad it works for you.

I think that a heavier headlight harness is worth however much you spend on it because they do make a huge difference. I got mine a little cheaper through Summit Racing. It was $48.90 shipped to my door compared to $63.00 from Suvlights.com.

Experiance has nothing to do with it. Having made a harness I would never do it again when there is such a well made and neat appearing one available. Quality must be OK as mine is 4 yrs. old w/no problems & have used it on two diff. vehs.
To ea. his own......

I was wondering, do your daytime running lights still work once you have installed one of these harneses?

Bill Kemp said:
Experiance has nothing to do with it. Having made a harness I would never do it again when there is such a well made and neat appearing one available. Quality must be OK as mine is 4 yrs. old w/no problems & have used it on two diff. vehs.
To ea. his own......

Ditto; I would never make one again as long as one likre this is available. This is a very high quality products and works great.

heyok, I would think so but I have never tried it. Might not......or might be at full power instead of reduced volts. If, that is, the Ford DRL are at reduced volts.
As you can tell I really dont know a hell of a lot about the Ford DRL.

Thanks for the reply, Bill. I have never looked into this, but I have suspected that DRL is both high beam filaments connected in series as they seem to be much dimmer than regular high beams.

Al

can someone post a picture of the kit installed then? i'd like to see what its all about.

i mean mine is just a bunch of carefully hidden wires and a relay- you don't really see any of it at all or anything like that.

expo5.0 said:
I made my own harness for about $10 with 10 gauge wiring for my HID conversion. nothing against this kit, but it can be done much cheaper and with higher quality components at that. Your paying for the ease of installation because your inexperienced- but thats life, glad it works for you.

Hahaha.
I halfway take offense to this but its not your fault. You don't know me or know any better. "Thats life",as you say.
There was nothing in my original post alluding to any sort of wiring prowess or lack thereof on my part....so I am really not sure where you get the inexperience assumption from? Did I not say ordering and installing the harness was, "SOOO much easier than wiring up the relays from scratch"? If I was inexperienced,how would I know what it took to wire up a simple relay?

Truth be known,I have more money than I have free time and ordering this sucker saved me a few hours of work. And honestly,the quality of the wiring and the relays is pretty close to top-notch. Its actually overkill for my 55/100 watt lights.
I don't see how one could make a better quality harness for 10 dollars. The two relays would cost more than that,unless you went with generic parts,thereby negating the "better quality" claim. Yes,one COULD make the same harness for less than the cost of the one I got(I think it was 60 bucks if I remember right). But then you are wiring it yourself and not saving any time.

i don't think you realize who your talking to

"i have more money than i have freetime" -lmao sounds like a line from wallstreet. if that were the case you wouldn't be messing with rewiring your lousy stock housing for slightly higher output bulbs.

the kit does like nice though, and i'm sure it makes a huge difference over the stock junk. I can hardly believe how small those wires really are from the factory.

expo5.0 said:
i don't think you realize who your talking to

"i have more money than i have freetime" -lmao sounds like a line from wallstreet. if that were the case you wouldn't be messing with rewiring your lousy stock housing for slightly higher output bulbs.

the kit does like nice though, and i'm sure it makes a huge difference over the stock junk. I can hardly believe how small those wires really are from the factory.

Well,exactly who am I talking to? You had no idea who YOU were talking to but it did not stop YOU from assuming,did it? I digress......
And if I worked on wall street,I'd not be driving a 1997 model year vehicle,nor would I need more light in order to avoid hitting deer and wrecking my wonderful 1997 beater vehicle. Still the fact remains,I can spare 60 bucks a hell of a lot more easily than I can spare the time it takes to make the harness myself.

On edit:
I'm really not here to fight. But please do not assume someone does not know how to do something as simple as wiring a relay or is inexperienced merely becasue they chose to spend a bit more to ease the installation.
:)

Time Versus Money. which one is worth more to you?

I can see all points from everyone on this one, however I think I agree with Lboy on this one, as my time is worth more to me sometimes......

ShinySideDown said:
Time Versus Money. which one is worth more to you?

I can see all points from everyone on this one, however I think I agree with Lboy on this one, as my time is worth more to me sometimes......

Time IS money.....

And I dont know how to wire up one of those thingys. :D

Looks like a good kit. They aren't hard to make but one this neat would be very time consuming. Not a bad price at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Something I forgot to mention is the bulb sockets. You really need the heavy duty kind that come w/the harness.

Back