Keeper's Explorer. Take two. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keeper's Explorer. Take two.

Welcome to my new registry. This is my 2000 Explorer XLT. Bought it from the original owner for $3,400. Came with the owners manual, and the paper work to prove it's been dealer maintained. When I purchased the Ex, it had 111,000 on the odometer, a small tear in the leather of the drivers seat, some sand in the back( take it the guy was a surfer, found a few surf board fins in the jack storage area). Gonna do a alignment when I get the chance, and start transferring all my mods from my Sport into this.

As she stands when I brought her home.

101_1666.jpg

101_1667.jpg

101_1668.jpg

101_1669.jpg

101_1670.jpg

How she currently stands.
102_0769.jpg

04/07/11

Current Mods:

Interior:

Exterior:

Lighting:
  • Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights.
  • x2 Hella 500 driving lights.
  • Fog light/ High beam mod.
  • LED Puddle lights, license plate lights.

Engine:4.0L SOHC

Suspension and Brakes

Drive Train

Projects for the future:
  • Quick disconnects for front and rear sway bar.
  • Possibly LS up front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks goods...Do the Marines still call it "Field Day" we you clean up?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

nice x u got there

Keeper, the pedals look real good!!

Thats for sure. Words you learned to hate.

nice x u got there

Thank you sir.

Keeper, the pedals look real good!!

Thanks. Not a huge mod, but it's nice. Adds a bit of personal flair to the interior. My feet don't slip, and no more squeaking when wet.

Gotta say fellas, I DO NOT miss field day!!!

Indeed. Especially after coming back from the field, covered in mud...trying to to do it quickly so you can pop smoke, and go on your 96.

Indeed. Especially after coming back from the field, covered in mud...trying to to do it quickly so you can pop smoke, and go on your 96.

Brings back some good memories! :cool:

keeper u got aim or yahoo

New Ex looks clean, Keeper. Looks like I'm right up the street from you in Fullerton. I'll be keeping an eye out for you around these parts. Glad to see you got back on the saddle so soon after your Sport, it's a difficult thing to part with. I went through the same ordeal in July/August, but opposite drive train (4WD -> 2WD)

Ask Tbars or Dirtdigger, I was literally pulling gear outta the truck as we waited for the CHP and tow. I like the new Ex, but I was just learning and fixing all the new problems on my Sport. Now I've got a whole new car to learn about. But the adventures never cease.

Going to school out here?

That's incredible. You're gonna have a blast with the new 4x4, especially if you plan on being up in the Angeles nat'l forest area this winter where I used to romp.

Yeah I just transferred to CSUF from FJC and moved here from Orange a few months ago, majoring in Criminal Justice. How about yourself?

That's incredible. You're gonna have a blast with the new 4x4, especially if you plan on being up in the Angeles nat'l forest area this winter where I used to romp.

Yeah I just transferred to CSUF from FJC and moved here from Orange a few months ago, majoring in Criminal Justice. How about yourself?

About to finish my first semester of school at FCC. New experience compared to the Corps. We definitely need to get another OC meet and greet together.

Sounds good, who usually sets those things up?

haha shoooot. Well I'm definitely game but I'd wanna get a couple things done to this new Ex before going public with it. Maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of January-February?

BSlusser, lets go boardin sometime. I live in san clemente, but go to bear and high every week. btw, name on mt high forum is special blend joe

I got a bit of interior work done. The center console lid wasn't in the greatest shape. So I went about on a search for a fix, either a new lid, or new leather. Well I came across one of the EF vendors and figured I'd give it a shot. Thanks to RIPT USA I got the new cover.

For those interested.

Now onto some pictures.

How the lid was when I pulled it out of Take Two.

100_0610.jpg

The new cover from Ript USA.

100_0612.jpg

Trying to look organized.

100_0611.jpg

And the finished product. Please note the gigantic bottle of Tapitio.

100_0614.jpg

Looks great. Is the shade the same? I may consider getting one as they are reasonably priced. Mine just started to tear. I kind of what to do something different though. I may go get a chunk of leather from a color matching explorer seat from a junkyard and try and make out of that.

That console cover turned out awesome! How did you get the leather to stay? Glue? Staples? Magic? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back