Keeper's Explorer. Take two. | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keeper's Explorer. Take two.

Welcome to my new registry. This is my 2000 Explorer XLT. Bought it from the original owner for $3,400. Came with the owners manual, and the paper work to prove it's been dealer maintained. When I purchased the Ex, it had 111,000 on the odometer, a small tear in the leather of the drivers seat, some sand in the back( take it the guy was a surfer, found a few surf board fins in the jack storage area). Gonna do a alignment when I get the chance, and start transferring all my mods from my Sport into this.

As she stands when I brought her home.

101_1666.jpg

101_1667.jpg

101_1668.jpg

101_1669.jpg

101_1670.jpg

How she currently stands.
102_0769.jpg

04/07/11

Current Mods:

Interior:

Exterior:

Lighting:
  • Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights.
  • x2 Hella 500 driving lights.
  • Fog light/ High beam mod.
  • LED Puddle lights, license plate lights.

Engine:4.0L SOHC

Suspension and Brakes

Drive Train

Projects for the future:
  • Quick disconnects for front and rear sway bar.
  • Possibly LS up front.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well a small update. I finally got around to doing the Torsion Twist, leveled out the front, and got the rear end to level out a bit as well. She rides a lot stiffer which is a huge improvement over how she rode. I then took her down to Firestone and paid $189.00 for their life time alignment deal. Should come in hand when I finally get those new UCA's.

Interior wise I got a set of Hi-lift 4xRAC mounts and spent some time messing about in the rear cargo area. Finally decided on a mounting location, and did some drilling and got it all mounted in. The jack now sits directly in front of the hatch fits perfectly between the interior paneling. I'll try to get some pictures up eventually if not by the little get together on the 27th.

..Which Firestone?

...The reason I ask is I believe each Firestone has the ability to price and or deny 4wd's on their lifetime warranty..

..The one I went to for the X a few years back was like $140 and they told me recently they wanted like $250 to warranty my Ranger..:rolleyes:

..Which Firestone?

...The reason I ask is I believe each Firestone has the ability to price and or deny 4wd's on their lifetime warranty..

..The one I went to for the X a few years back was like $140 and they told me recently they wanted like $250 to warranty my Ranger..:rolleyes:

Seems shady...

The Firestone I went to is in Santa Ana near MacArthur and Bristol.

Same update. While cruising TRS I found a thread from one of the vendors on their site selling skid plates that would bolt up to the Ranger. After emailing back and forth a bit, and talking to some of the other EF members I purchased a front skid plate from him. Came in the mail a few days back, got it bolted up with no problem, just had to drill and tap two new holes, no biggie. Here's the finished product.

photo2-3.jpg

..Is that picture taken on a tow truck?..:wtf:

Love the skid plate. Its tough. I tested the hell out of mine this weekend. I had 3 feet of air and slammed the plate into the mud. Its a must have.

Hey Keeper, Looks great. I bet that would have helped you with that one spot :eek: on the last Truckhaven trip. Did you get a good deal?

I also think it looks like the bed of a roll back tow truck under your rig.

Damn I keep forgetting to snap a picture of the lifts. I'm packing up my stuff to move back to Riverside Hopefully I'll have more time and money to work on Take Two.

Since then I've been drooling over the Dixon Brother 4wd Long travel kit. I want it so bad...one day. lol

Well finally moved out of my apartment, back in Riverside. I managed to snag a picture of the lifts.

photo.jpg

Today I swung by Pick-a-part in Ontario and picked up some door handles and an interior trim piece. Saw a few limiteds and was really tempted to get the electronic climate control and a grill. Alas cash is kinda tight, maybe next time around. Also stumbled across this Explorer.

photo-1.jpg

Can anyone tell me more about it? Looked around inside, lots of wood trim, and TV VCR set up.

I've also got a set of Procomp AAL's in, so those will be going in within the next few days. :thumbsup:

Managed to meet up with a buddy and hit some dirt near Lake Mathews in Riverside, my brother decided to tag along too.

photo-2.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

photo2-4.jpg

Here things got interesting....

photo5.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Dropped off into the weeds, took a bit of stomping around to find the line through all of it, felt like I was gonna drop it on it's side. My mustached friend is an awesome spotter.

Just before sunset.

photo4.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Can anyone tell me more about it? Looked around inside, lots of wood trim, and TV VCR set up.

I should totally come steal that top for a glass roof mod on JP:D

I believe some Explorers were made into conversions.

I've only e ever seen 2 of these on the net one red the other green, they looked like they were prett sweet back in the day, tv, vcr etc. like an old covnversion van. there was a guy years ago a member here believe his name was buffalo something and had pics on here in the elite section.

Back