Kert0307's sliders

kert0307

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pella, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport and '89 B2
Well, since I found a great price for a chop saw, I started on some sliders. They arn't really any different than others on the site. 2x2 tubing under the door, and 1.75 round tubing out from there, they will be connected to the frame by 3 2x2 beams welded to plates and bolted to the frame. Here are some beginning picts. (sorry they're a little blurry)

Attachments

• PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 650
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 676
  • PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 660

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

clean, simple, and lookin good.

nice... after my swap im going to fab some up. actually pretty similar to yours only coming up a bit more at a greater angle...

but looks good! i like!

Thanks guys. Do you think I should add any bracing in between the square tub and the round? I was going to originally, but I think it looks a little better with out it. I put the square part in a vise and put all my weight on the round bar and bounced a little and it didn't really deflect at all.

Thanks guys. Do you think I should add any bracing in between the square tub and the round? I was going to originally, but I think it looks a little better with out it. I put the square part in a vise and put all my weight on the round bar and bounced a little and it didn't really deflect at all.

I would put some bracing between them. If you hit a rock on the trail, it's going to bend them. A rock is not goin to put gradual force on them like letting it off the jack on to a square part of a vise. If you don't really plan on "using" them for off-road purposes, then you don't really need it I guess, but that's obviously up to you.

I have two supports on mine.

12913100_0035.jpg

yeah i agree.. id deffinetly put some bracing in there

Back