anthony d

Reaction score
City, State
NY/NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
2015 Explorer Sport
3k miles

Came out to the truck today and noticed some drops of fluid on the gas pedal and floor mat. Traced it up and found a small bit of the same fluid on the plastic rotor the pedal attaches to.

Any ideas on what this is? It smells like oil...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2015 Explorer Sport
3k miles

Came out to the truck today and noticed some drops of fluid on the gas pedal and floor mat. Traced it up and found a small bit of the same fluid on the plastic rotor the pedal attaches to.

Any ideas on what this is? It smells like oil...
The only other instance like this I recall was a water leak. If it indeed is an oily substance, I think you'd best go back to the dealer to have them check it out.

Peter

Ok, will do. Thanks.

Ok, so I snapped a pic of where the drip is coming from...

It is coming from the black connector on the tube just below the insulation and above the black cicular part with the white plug in it.

Oh boy... Awesome. Back to the dealer it goes I guess. I am not happy about this.

I am bringing the truck to the dealer today and we will see what they say

I am bringing the truck to the dealer today and we will see what they say

Smart next step, anthony d. I'd like to get your regional customer service manager involved as well. To proceed, send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll push this up the chain.

Crystal

Smart next step, anthony d. I'd like to get your regional customer service manager involved as well. To proceed, send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll push this up the chain.

Crystal

Thank you for the offer. I want to give the dealership a chance to do the right thing since I have a good relationship with them. This is the 4th vehicle I have bought from them, and they have always done right by me.

If things don't go well though, I will definitely let you know.

Thank you for the offer. I want to give the dealership a chance to do the right thing since I have a good relationship with them. This is the 4th vehicle I have bought from them, and they have always done right by me.

If things don't go well though, I will definitely let you know.

Sounds like a plan, anthony d. I'll be here if you need me. :thumbsup:

Crystal

I hope it is not the infamous brakelight switch that is attached to the master cylinder. On older Fords they were prone to leak brake fluid and in rare cases short out the switch and cause a fire!

http://www.lieffcabraser.com/Personal-Injury/Car-Accidents/Ford-Cruise-Control-Switch-Fires.shtml

No, that is located on the Master cylinder, and there is a recall for it. If you've ever dropped your car off at a Ford dealer, I guarantee they installed the recall. I had my dead Sport Trac towed to a dealer; later on they had good and bad news for me. The bad news.....my engine was trashed (timing chain failure). The good news.....they had installed the Cruise Control recall.

Spoke to my service rep, apparently my truck needs a whole new set of pedals. I am thankful it is under warranty, but I am not happy that something on my $50k truck broke after only 3k miles.

Spoke to my service rep, apparently my truck needs a whole new set of pedals. I am thankful it is under warranty, but I am not happy that something on my $50k truck broke after only 3k miles.
Not sure what the connection is unless it has to do with the adjustable pedals. Is that hydraulic? :dunno:

Peter

Not sure what the connection is unless it has to do with the adjustable pedals. Is that hydraulic? :dunno:

Peter

Correct, the adjustable pedals are leaking hydraulic fluid.

Back