Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

backwall or white letter?

• Total voters

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Who is a fan of showing your Raised white letters?
Who is a fan of hiding them on the inside?
I am buying a new set of shoes (BF T/A KO 31.5"x10.5") for my 95 X, and would love to hear the consensus on this. The greatest number wins! I will count the votes on 9/15/08. That is when I purchase, and mount them. I will post pictures of the rig after install, and the winners shall be revealed then!
I am very interested in how many will vote! Pick a side! Let the game begin! :D

EDIT:
Decided to Re-open this thread. It will be interesting to see how many more people will vote for what.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think white walls are dope, they make the truck look very official - esp. if they are real nice tires!

i voted white. very seldom though, i like black. depends on tire and the rig

Not white walls just, He is just asking about the white letters...

But me personally I like black out...but yet I have dark tint, tinted tail lights, black rims...black acceries so it may be a bit biased...:p:

Black out.

The only time white should be on the outside of the tire is when it looks like this:

PTSmoothieWW.jpg

I like the white letters out on mine.

Since you are going with an all black motif, I voted black side out.

white out on my truck

black out on the focus

depends on the vehicle, I'm voting black out as I intend to do all black on my x

It does indeed depend on the truck in question. Both can look good.

I have white out on my truck.

white out on my mounty!!

Totally depends on the color scheme, Post up a pic of your truck so we can see!! Generally on my vehicles in the past if I have polished aluminum wheels I go white out, Chrome wheels black out, I've never owned black wheels as I am not a big fan. I'm thinking if the truck is black and the wheels are black then I might go with black out. but it is also nice sometimes to put some other color to "break" things up a bit. Just my .02

I've alway prefered white out, but that's just me

I usually say white letters out, but since I did this to my wheels (were natural aluminum, now Rustoleum Hammertone Gunmetal),
0810081845ex8.jpg

I wish they were black letter out...

I loathe the look of white letters. I don't care what the color scheme is, I always think the blackside looks better. At the end of the day though, it's all personal preference, so rock it whatever way you like best. You're the one paying for it, lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back