Lets see your switches! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets see your switches!

im not to sure where to mount my light switches so i wanted to see where you guys mounted yours. sooo lets see some pics!
thats in my 2wd.... i would put it in the same spot but theres a 4wd selector in its place... i know the mounting kit for the cd player is upside down... thats how i got it and i never fixed it...

so gimme some ideas with pics! please haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG_0209.jpg

There is mine. I was to cheap to buy the switches with the LEDs in them so I just bought regular toggle switches and some small LEDs and made this. Have room for 2 more with the spacing I used. Hoping to fill them up sometime.

Two black rocker switches are for my 4 roof rack lights. 1 works the outer two, one works the inner pair. The round one with the red LED labeled "PIAA" is, shockingly, for my PIAAs.

int7.jpg

In this one, the two switches circled in blue are my emergency blue lights, and the red rocker switch is for my under-dash LEDs.

IMG_1954-1.jpg

figured out where to mount them in my new expo!!!!
38398130013_medium.jpg

thats my fog light switch and my BWM switch is next to it(not in the pic tho)

mine. the red boot in the pic is black now so it matches.
IMG01212.jpg

i don't have a picture handy but i made a plate and attached it below the dash as close to the counsel as possible and attached it with the screw that holds the plastic panel on.

25208_1309351506201_1603001079_7600.jpg

the package said bright blue led and they werent joking

Bezeldone_.jpg

Where do you have the LED's mounted???

there is the one in the top cubby hole, in front of the sirus remote. theres another for my radar detector mounted where that pos tissues holder used to be. i'll get some better pics soon

IMG_0209.jpg

There is mine. I was to cheap to buy the switches with the LEDs in them so I just bought regular toggle switches and some small LEDs and made this. Have room for 2 more with the spacing I used. Hoping to fill them up sometime.

What's the Giddy up switch for?

This is one of the panels I am working on for the new dash project...

picture.php

The back side...
picture.php

Those are .38 special shells in the unused holes. It's a work in progress.:thumbsup:

WOW...I feel right at home with all the DIY'er on the site...all the stiff here looks GREAT!! I have some ideas now...like where to put my monitor so the whole world can't see it!!

THANKS GUYS!! EVERYONE'S STUFF LOOKS AWESOME!!

94fourdoor, those shells look sick.:cool: and be sure to polish the crap out of that aluminum!
then throw a gauge or two in the center between the switches.:thumbsup:

im working on a little switch board now for my center console of my 93 eddie. ill post a few pics when im done.

Thanks guys. I have 3 more brackets that mount in succession like that one. I am trying to use a 12 guage shell for my push button start. I'll let you know how that goes! I really like the use of spent ammo for different accessories. My buddy has 50 cal. brass shells on his doors that you just push in and the door pops open... I really like them! I will more pics when I get them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Right now, I have 4 switches installed into an overhead console. I am only using one for my experimental set of Arc Lights but the other three are in place and wired down to the relay location for future use.

I used Cat-5E cable for the control voltage from the switches to the relays. I used a pair of wires per switch but could split it out to run 8 switches/relays if needed. The control voltage is fed by a 5 amp dedicated line up to the overhead. (No need for mega amperage switches when running as control voltage to relays)

Using Cat5 cable for the control voltage to the relays allows you to fit several switches into a tight area without having too much bulk from the wiring needed…

The circuit feeding the Arc lights through the relay is fused at 10 amps for now. Now that I know this set up is working the way I want it, I will look for better lights and fuse them appropriately…

The next time I visit the Bone-Yard, I plan on trying to find a rely/fuse center like the stock one so I can make this extra clean looking…

The swithches from Radio Shack are lighted when on, afordable and compact in size so they could be used just about anywhere...

Attachments

• Drawing1 web.jpg
    Drawing1 web.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3,071
  • IMG_0031aweb.jpg
    IMG_0031aweb.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 3,028
  • IMG_0037web.jpg
    IMG_0037web.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,062

Back