Looking for pics of 4wd's with 20's or larger!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for pics of 4wd's with 20's or larger!!

Originally posted by Black Magic
That's amazing the color change!

i was thinking the same thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's just the lighting.

sorry to get off topic here but Hartman I love your sig..."And then you got 'em trippin' off tha flowz, tha flowmastaz, and they go whoo, whoo!!!"

ahahahahahahaha....

Ok, I'm done now.

You guys have some interesting sigs....

Hartman- "The whistles go WHOO WHOO"!!! Is that refering to the latest craze in muffler tips? I just saw the funniest vid from a San Diego news report on those whistle tips. They interviewed a couple of locals and one of them cried that (in)famous line.... Whoo Whoo!
"Is jus fo decarasion!"

Crimson- Your sig should now refer to them as WORLD CHAMPION SUCCANEERS. :D "Dey did wat dey do"

Found this over at www.suvword.com
showownerpic.asp

That one is just begging to be lowered....

Originally posted by Black Magic
Now, don't get me wrong. That is a good looking X. But something just doesn't look right on it.
the stance is all wrong. dont get me wrong, im not ragging on it at all, and maybe he is in the beginning stages, but it needs 1 of 2 things...

1- a much taller tire

2- (my choice) lower it a minimum of 2".

it is amazing how a vehicle's stance changes the entire look. its not really how low you are, or if you are lowered at all. it has to do with proportions of wheel size, tire size, and fenderwell space. you have to have all 3 dialed in for it to look right to the eye.

Originally posted by james t
the stance is all wrong. dont get me wrong, im not ragging on it at all, and maybe he is in the beginning stages, but it needs 1 of 2 things...

1- a much taller tire

2- (my choice) lower it a minimum of 2".

it is amazing how a vehicle's stance changes the entire look. its not really how low you are, or if you are lowered at all. it has to do with proportions of wheel size, tire size, and fenderwell space. you have to have all 3 dialed in for it to look right to the eye.

definitely the drop. taller tires would make it look goofy.

What's killing it more than ever right now is the butt sag. I think the tires are ok, maybe go down a size in profile. Along with a 3-4 inch drop, BAM!

wow, and thats a 2002, how many miles you got on that thing?

Originally posted by Hartman
That one is just begging to be lowered....
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it.

Originally posted by Crimson
I know what butt sag is like :rolleyes:

234609_19.jpg

Seriously, Crimson, I don't remember yours ever being that low in the back. You need to bring down the front or get shackels in the rear to level your ride. You look a little tuff in the front.

I think ford does this on purpose. When (if) you slam on your brakes your truck goes forward (laws of motion crap) hence your front end lowers. So my guess is they allowed more room for that.

Also, the snow pronounces the butt sag. I will lower the front end more when the temp goes up a bit. Only concern I have is tire rub. I do get slight rub (full lock)now due to the heafty 285/60r18's tires I use.

Its not just yours, EVERY single '01-'03 Sport I've ever seen sits slightly higher in the front and lower in the back. If I were you, I'd just adjust the torsion bolts up front, I did mine enough to get a 1.5 inch drop to level it with the back, so now mine looks NORMAL. All I had to do was get an alignment, (didn't need camber adjusters), and now its all good. My bolts are almost all the way out, so if I want to go any lower, I'd have to resort to other methods besides the torsion bolts, and I'm just too lazy to do that right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have seen many butt sag problems with the 01 Sport, but I think Crimson has an extreme case. You need to do something about that!

BTW, do Ford's leafs suck or what? If I'm not mistaken, the new Sports have the multileaf pack instead of a monoleaf, so you can't blame it on that.

Back