Hartman's 20's arrive! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hartman's 20's arrive!

I had a chance to do some testing on the rear today. They fit fine on the rear, I'll only have to zip ty the ebrake cables back and maybe bend the wheelwell back a little bit.

7134limiteds5.jpg

Here's a rear shot of how wide these suckers are. The offset is perfect, it allows the rim to have clearance in the wheel well but not stick out too much. This look is gonna make the rear end of the truck that much more aggressive. It you look at Expo5.0's truck, you'll see what I mean. Only difference is, he has the motor to back it up. ;)
7134limiteds6.jpg

7134limiteds7.jpg

I'm probably going to do the steering stops for the front next week. I'll do a write up on it, since both off roaders and streeters can take advantage of this type of mod.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is the offset on these? In the place you order them, do they have wide enough selection so you could specify the offset that you need?

Damn those rims are so big you can't even see the rubber :D

LOL Rick. A set of 37's is on the way for em. :p

The rims have an offset of +15. I think that's the only offset that's available. It still kinda puzzles me as to why they made a rim that's 20x10 with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern.

Yea, thats a f'n huge rim. I still cant get over the 44lb weight. They look perfect though, man. Just right. Not too "blingy". Clean and simple. :) :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Hartman
LOL Rick. A set of 37's is on the way for em. :p

Yeah 37 CM side wall!

lol

isnt 37 cm = 14.6 inches? that would be a HUGE sidewall

Okay, i meant mm, my bad.

oh man that rear bumper is sick!!! rims look good, look even better once u get some tires on those babies.. i like them a lot

Originally posted by james t
lol

teh math owns jou. :D

Hey at least i can spell!!!:p

Well I put in my new steering stops today. Took about an hour to get everything right, or what looks to be right. Getting the stock stops out wasn't an easy task, I had to cut them off and drill through the hole. I didn't have time to take it out for a test drive, but my steering looks a little more limited than it should be, just by looking at it. I might have to deal with a little bit of rubbing on my sway bar so I can still have a good turning radius.

Hopefully I can drive to school tomorrow without having to throw it in reverse a few times on a 90 degree turn. :D

I'm really close to being at the point where I can order tires. Either next week or the week after.

Finally, I just ordered 4 275/40/20's for my 2003 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. :D

I should have them within 3-4 days since the warehouse is only about 200 miles away. I should have everything mounted and ready to go by next week. :cool:

I hope to have them on for a few weeks before winter hits. The perfect time to buy rims, right before winter. :p

Did you end up getting the Pirellis PZeros?

pics please

'bout time!:p cant wait to see 'em on there. at least you'll get to roll them for a few weeks before you guys start getting too much snow.

BTW- its 89 degrees here right now. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Way to rub it in James. ;)

I went with the Pirelli PZeros. I'm sure they'll be great tires. Tire Rack said I should have them by tuesday or wednesday, and I'll get them mounted as soon as I can.

Back