Map light assembly questions.... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Map light assembly questions....

Help, plwase… I have a bad lamp socket ( map light ) in the overhead console of my 99 XLT ( with sun rood ).

I am trying to replace the lamp assembly. Several questions:
(1) Has anyone done this before?
(2) Anyone have a clue as to the part number?

I have tried Torrie at Ford Parts Network with no luck so far’ he has sent me the wrong part twice.

HELP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

better?

Attachments

• better.jpg
    better.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 548

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

been a while since I used them but I thought I remembered them angled like yours.... oops:rolleyes:

did you test the voltage on those copper conductors to make sure that isn't your problem?

It turns out that Ford, in its infinite wisdom, “updated” the light bulbs/holder for the lamp assembly. They no longer make the old style bulb holder that came stock on my ‘99, the new bulb/holder has non replaceable bulbs, they make you purchase the bulb/holder as a unit ( XU5Z13466AA for $4.77 ).

The lamp assembly is exactly like the one pictured by Taxman in an earlier post in this thread.

I purchased the assembly ( F67Z13776CA ) from Sarasota Ford for $50.00 ( list $73.75 ). They helped me solve this dilemma; after ordering the wrong parts 4 times, we finally got it.

Now I have to take the old one out and install the new assembly….

Removal of the old assembly was a bit confusing, but eventually out it came. The new one went in effortlessly.

I have light again, thank God.

By the way, the new one is much brighter than the old ever was.

Back