MFT & Radio is like playing Roulette every time I start my EX | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT & Radio is like playing Roulette every time I start my EX

MizzouMan_2000

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT! :D
I've had my 2013 explorer for about 2 months now and one thing I've noticed is that it is like playing Roulette every time I restart my car because I never know if the radio will be on or off or somewhere in between (and by that I mean that the 8" screen shows one status, but the right side screen in the gauge cluster shows the opposite). I have my radio on 99% of the time, so it's really obvious to me when I get in, start it up and the radio is off.

I've had my 2013 explorer for about 2 months now and one thing I've noticed is that it is like playing Roulette every time I restart my car because I never know if the radio will be on or off or somewhere in between (and by that I mean that the 8" screen shows one status, but the right side screen in the gauge cluster shows the opposite). I have my radio on 99% of the time, so it's really obvious to me when I get in, start it up and the radio is off.
Ever since the lastest update (3.5.1) was installed a couple of months ago, I have noticed about 5 or 6 times that the radio was OFF when I started the vehicle even though I never physically turned it off. I just turn it back on and away I go.

Peter

Mine is the same way. It's 3 weeks old when I start dash will show radio off but mft radio on and playing only for a few seconds then everything is ok

Back