MFT v3.6 rumor? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6 rumor?

Rebecca,

I am leaving Aug 4th for a road trip. Can you ask Ford to do the update before I leave, it would be much appreciated. ;)

Murphys Law says it will be online Aug 5th. :D

LOL, I'll see what I can do! Have a great trip. :D

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last time there was a major update I was on vacation in Florida, took a day to drive to a dealer there to have the update done.

I'm going away on 8/10, so it will probably be released that week. Will be bringing my OTG cable for my phone, so I can download it and get it on a USB stick if it releases while I'm gone.

Was told today less than 2 weeks till upgrade available.

More? I'll wager...less, since "Improved system performance" and "Improved screen interactions while using voice" are the sort of non-meaningful 'improvements' that we've heard for every update since 2011. If they meant anything, MFT wouldn't be running like a pig stuck in molasses after 2 1/2 years.

Just my opinion, but I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.

The 3.5 update has been the best yet. Just be cause it runs like crap for some doesn't mean it runs like crap for all or even the majority.

28 months, 46,000 miles and I've had 1 system maintenance reboot. It has been nearly flawless this whole time whether it was nav, voice commands, music via bt or my iPod

And I am one who looks forward to having it when I replace my power stroke with a 14 or 15 model.

It should have had Applink installed on this update, plain and simple. Not sure why they cannot get it together.

blwnsmoke - the 13's have it --- my 350 platinum and the wife's sport have the same mft...

jallen - maybe it's not a priority for their target audience to get applink included...
venture to say most of the soccer mom buyers could care less about applink...

Well syncmyride.com is down again for maintenance. Could today be the day? I've had good luck with MFT so far. Hopefully the new update actually improves the experience.

Well syncmyride.com is down again for maintenance. Could today be the day? I've had good luck with MFT so far. Hopefully the new update actually improves the experience.

It's down until Mon. All Ford dealers got the message on Oasis that they cannot program any modules from yesterday until Mon morning due to system maintenance.

Can anyone post the file or link to download the update?

I live in Venezuela and Ford doesn't give any support for my country.

I have always had Explorer and now they do this... I feel so disappointed...

It requires me to log in and I cant because my VIN is not from US so it wont let me register. Thats why Im looking for the file directly.

It requires me to log in and I cant because my VIN is not from US so it wont let me register. Thats why Im looking for the file directly.
give me a little while, making it into a zip and will upload it for you

Edit, it's 561 megabytes, gonna take a while to upload, at least a few hours.

Can anyone post the file or link to download the update?

I live in Venezuela and Ford doesn't give any support for my country.

I have always had Explorer and now they do this... I feel so disappointed...

Hey, fran_franco,

Here's the number to your Customer Relationship Center:

Public Telephone Number - 0800-8003673

You can call them and see if they know of a dealership in your area that has access to the US database. If there is one, they'll be able to update your system.

Rebecca

I knew they would post it the day I left Lol

I only brought the iPad so will have to wait....doh.:(

Here is the file, zipped.

Extract all 3 and copy to root of flash drive.

http://db.tt/DUz6sqTR

Thanks man. I went to a Ford dealer here and they didnt know that the unit was able to be updated. They looked at me as if I were crazy or something. I Wonder if Ford's People dont mind about this... Is a shame!!

Hey, fran_franco,

Here's the number to your Customer Relationship Center:

Public Telephone Number - 0800-8003673

You can call them and see if they know of a dealership in your area that has access to the US database. If there is one, they'll be able to update your system.

Rebecca

Thanks for the information Rebecca but I already tryed to visit some Ford delears near my área and they looked at me as if I were crazy when I asked about a SYNC update. I am also having problems with my A/C re circulation system. They took my car for two days then called me to pick it up and wait 15 to 20 days for the part to arrive. The A/C is not working the way it should and I am taking so much smoke that I think I am going to get lung cáncer ver soon.

According to them this is the part number I need: CG1Z-19850-D

Can you know if it is something serious?

Thanks for the information Rebecca but I already tryed to visit some Ford delears near my área and they looked at me as if I were crazy when I asked about a SYNC update. I am also having problems with my A/C re circulation system. They took my car for two days then called me to pick it up and wait 15 to 20 days for the part to arrive. The A/C is not working the way it should and I am taking so much smoke that I think I am going to get lung cáncer ver soon.

Rebecca looks after the In Vehicle Technology systems/problems.
It is Crystal that monitors the other threads/forums. As I mentioned in a reply to your post in the other thread, that part is an Evaporator Assembly ($195). The entire assembly must be replaced to fix your problem.
Also, there have been post on the other thread inquiring about what is this smoke? Where is it coming from? Please post your reply in the other thread;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390668

Peter

I knew they would post it the day I left Lol

I only brought the iPad so will have to wait....doh.:(

It'll still be there when you get back. ;)

Like Peter said, I only handle in-vehicle technology concerns; for this issue, you would still need to contact your customer relationship center at the number I provided the other day.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How Long does it takes to install? I have Been waiting for an hour and the screen is still Black...

Back