MOAB EXPLORER EXTRAVAGANZA 2001 | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MOAB EXPLORER EXTRAVAGANZA 2001

Who let the dawgs out???

Oh man, the big dawg pound has been raided! We are down to maybe 5 vehicles for Fridays run.

Here is the list of those who can't make it for the Friday run.

Jay, cdpercival, Hix, Matt McDermott, and now it looks like Riff and Kampy can't make it.

Well... we'll be thinking about you guys and we'll take lots of pictures.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The messed up thing is that I spent all day yesterday grindinf my wheelwells, putting in the No-Slip, finishing up the rockerskids, I even made a front skid plate. Oh well...Have fun guys. I am SSSSSOOOOO JEALOUS!

Re: Who let the dawgs out???

Originally posted by Rick
Oh man, the big dawg pound has been raided! We are down to maybe 5 vehicles for Fridays run.

Here is the list of those who can't make it for the Friday run.

Jay, cdpercival, Hix, Matt McDermott, and now it looks like Riff and Kampy can't make it.

Well... we'll be thinking about you guys and we'll take lots of pictures.

Rick, how "big dawg" is that trail? Something one should definately have front and rear lockers for or do you know?

It's rated 4.5, out of 5. Golden Crack doesn't have a bypass and I would imagine a front traction device would be a must, either that or the strap. There are several other obstacles on the trail as well.

Check it out at www.4x4now.com they have a good description.
I'm sure you could make it without a problem Matt. After all you are one of the original prerunners and you already have Hells revenge under your belt. I don't think there is anything on Golden Crack nearly as bad as Hells Revenge for off-camber and that kinda stuff. You already did Launching Pad and Skyline drive. Remember, Dan took us on a couple of the Golden Spike obstacles while we were out on Poison Spider.

My tires didn't get here in time... Oh well. I'm sure the Claws will do ok.

ok Rick I tell you what, count me in for the big dawg run on Friday. I've gotten much better with off-camber with experience, and I suppose with Golden Crack if we need to we can strap me through... I've seen some videos of it and yeah it looks like a front traction device would be great... although a lot has to do on wheelbase on driver too though. I'll give it a shot :).

Yep, Ricks right. Riff and me won't be able to make it due to a logistical problem. No trailer to get the vehicles out there and Riffs company jacked him around with the paycheck. We've been working on this problem for a couple days and it just isn't going to happen.

Looks like thats the end of it for the Illinois crew, I guess thats the way it goes sometimes.

Anyway, have a great time and think about us, we'll spend the next five days thinking about you. Trust me.

Unless of course a couple of guys want to come up here with trailers tomorrow and pick us up ;) We're ready.

Have fun!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mattadams
ok Rick I tell you what, count me in for the big dawg run on Friday. I've gotten much better with off-camber with experience, and I suppose with Golden Crack if we need to we can strap me through... I've seen some videos of it and yeah it looks like a front traction device would be great... although a lot has to do on wheelbase on driver too though. I'll give it a shot :).

Rick,
If it is O.K. with you we are planning on doing the big dawg run on Friday also. Everyone I talk to here says I need to do it. The Jeep guys say I shouldn't have much trouble. If you are welling to strap us if we need it then we are there. I talked to David and he said he would babysit me if I needed it.
Saturday I think we will go back down to the modifies and do something a little easier and do more sight seeing.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

It is now 11:30 and we are ready to head out. If all goes well we will be there this evening.
MOAB MOAB MOAB MOAB!!!!!

ya..im sorry we won't be able to make it too...it was somthing that i was looking forward to immensly!!! i guess theres always later.......

have fun fellas!

TICK-TOCK-TICK-TOCK

Ripped the roof down and put up half of the new one....

Might just make it afterall. Maybe friday......

Well guys I'm going to have to drop out too. I have no tires. I ordered them like 2 months ago and they came in like a week later but.... the dumbass tire store sold them last week. They were bought and paid for just setting at the tire store and some one sold them. I hadent picked them up yet I was waithin for my rims so the store could mount them. The guy said the fastest they could get them was the monday after moab. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone I guess we'll just have to wait until Colorado. Unless anyone wants to do a midsummer run some where. Robbie

Made it home ok

I hope you all made it back safely. I had a great time and it was nice to see all of you. I hope to do this again soon. The stockers kick ass !! LOL

Wade

Made it home safe and sound as well. I had a blast on the trails and meeting everybody. I am looking forward to the next event. Maybe I will even get some mods done.

Just made it home. It was great to meet all the new folks and visit with old friends. I'll be posting details and my photos soon.

sooooooooo...should we even dare to talk about next years' event yet? my wife said i could go next time!! so when's it gonna be?!?!?! lets do it again!!!

Jen & I made it back fine too; even had dinner with some other Explorer driver named Matt... Thanks to everyone for an unforgettably great time in Moab! :D My pictures should be up soon.

Now it's time to shift our focus to CCR2001! I think it's been agreed that the "COLORADO CONTINGENT" (you know who you are) will be planning this one (you're welcome Gerald! ;)). I've got my thinking cap firmly in place and - if you didn't already notice - started a new thread on this subject. All ideas are appreciated...

Also, for those who might not have heard, I'll be putting together a short video about our Moab Explorations to debut at CCR2001. I plan to start another thread on this in the next couple of days, but in the meantime, if you shot video or stills, start making note of whatever good stuff you have...

Back