MOAB II | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MOAB II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick:

I just realized we are all talking simultaneously about Saturday and Sunday. I talked about waiting till 7pm because we stockers/less modifieds cannot make it back on SATURDAY's run and you are talking about confirming a SUNDAY resv for dinner. Did we miscommunicate? My fault if we did; sorry 'bout that. There's just too much info flying around multiple threads with hundreds of posts to keep up with.

Let's be clear for everyone. I'm sometimes pretty intellingent Dead Link Removed but this time I'm confused. What are the dinner plans (times)for Saturday, and then for Sunday?

Tom:
"If I were a I rich man,..."

" And you were my lady...."

Hey, Tom, what's the next line; can't remember... ended in "having my baby" or something.

Geez we're getting old. Or at least me, anyway.

[This message has been edited by GJarrett (edited 04-29-2000).]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick, are you refering to me about the Thursday run? If you are, go ahead and plan a run with Gerald or anyone else that day. If we (& thats a BIG if, you know Darien)leave on time Wed. nite at midnite, we should arrive on Thursday around 2 p.m. We will probably be pretty tired from driving & may want to relax for a bit. On the other hand if Tom,Jay, or Bill are there already who knows what can happen. We will be ready for sure on Friday morning.

Thought it was just me getting confused between days, dinners, etc.
How about we do this:
Day:
Wednesday
People arriving (including approximate time):
Staying where (camping, motel):
Dinner (who wants to get together for dinner):

Thursday
Trails (which trails are planned by who):

Friday
Dinner (already planned, time and place);

Saturday
Dinner (already planned, time and place):

Sunday
People leaving(morning or after runs):

Monday
Trails (who's hanging around and doing which trails):
Dinner?

Tusday
Trails (who's hanging around and doing which trails):
Dinner?

Would be great if we could set up a list like that in one place and all access it and update with their personal info.
If the board doesn't allow it, how about everybody copy it into a reply and add your own info. One at a time, let's say Rick first. He fills in his info and then specifies who goes next. That person copies Ricks post and adds his info and so on and on. That way we're building a data base with everybodies info added one by one. I know that means a lot of activity on the board, but it's only a one time thing for a short while.

------------------
Peter
'99 Sport 4wd SOHC

I'm gone for the next 30-45 min., so if you're gonna use use my idea, don't put my name down as next for the next 3/4 hour.
Later Dead Link Removed

------------------
Peter
'99 Sport 4wd SOHC

Tom & Gerald:
Aren't you guys getting your songs mixed up a little:
If I were a rich man - fiddler on the roof
You are my lady - Kenny Rodgers
having my baby - Paul Anka
at least according to my wife and she normally is pretty good with this stuff.

------------------
Peter
'99 Sport 4wd SOHC

Guys I just re-edited my post from earlier this morning so you may want to re-read it.

Matt I think your idea to meet at City Market works great. Are you still interested in doing Porcupine Rim in the morning?

Rick, I had not remembering studying Kane Creek until you just mentioned it. It looks like a very interesting run if I was not already going to Gold Bar Rim Friday afternoon. I may consider it instead of Top of the World for Thursday if I get in early enough. Maybe I need to stay over Monday.... gee whiz I want to go everywhere now that I am making the time to go all the way out there. What's another day, hmmm? Dead Link Removed

I'm glad you decided on 7pm Saturday for the dinner. This would be perfect. Earlier (I think?) is to early. Much later and we'll be pretty late getting to the campfire and I might fall asleep out there that late Dead Link Removed.

[next day edit]Oops got my dinner nights mixed up. Sorry about that Rick.
moab moab moab moab moab moab moab

Gerald

PS/ I bet I end up showing up a day early
AND getting back a day late the way I feel right now.

[This message has been edited by GJarrett (edited 04-30-2000).]

"now that I am making the time to go all the way out there. What's another day, hmmm?"

Exactly my thoughts! I want to see as mcuh as I can when I'm out there. I'm leaving Phoenix Tuesday and I'm not returning until the following Wednesday! I keep making it longer and longer. I figure while I'm alone I'll just play tourist on some of the easier trails...that is unless I hook up with the Isuzu guys who will be pre-running their trails early in the week.

OK, Here's my itinerary

Thursday:
Departure, Denver Metro Area: 10:00am
Arriveal, Moab via I-70 & UT 128: 5:00pm
Accomadations: Inca Inn
Dinner: ? Willing to meet anywhere.

Friday:
Trails:Will probably go with Ray and
Gerald to prerun Gemini Bridges
area. However, Kane springs sounds
intreging.
Dinner:With group

Sat& Sun:
Trails:Sticking with the 3 - 3+ group.
With that many stock trucks, there
is sure to be some laughs (sorry
guys). I mean the relaxed pace
be fun.
Dinner: Sat with group
Departure:Sunday after Elephant Hill,
about 5 PM?? May decide to
enjoy dinner.

Hey guys,
Don't believe Rick. By the time the weekends over he'll probably be leaving on Monday and not returning until Thursday! Dead Link Removed
Sure, I can only go for a few days. Dead Link Removed Oh well, I'll have some time alone at home to take care of my Graduate work.
My plane comes in around 8:30pm on Thursday and then I have to drive from Grand Junction to Moab. So I'll probably see everyone Friday morning. Can't wait! I love Moab!!!

------------------
Char
93 Modified Exploder, Co-owner (passenger)&
The Better (other) Half
I may be CRAZY (she is),.... BUT I'm not insane!(well...)
Think for yourself ...... Sheep end up dead!

I'm just going to post what I sent in the e-mail. Nothing has changed since I first sent it out except the time for Saturday and Sunday nights dinners have now been confirmed.

I will be arriving in Moab late Tuesday. If anyone wants to run some of the more difficult trails on Wednesday - Friday or even the following week let me know. I'm staying at the Silver Sage Inn 840 South Main (US 191) Tel: (435) 259-4420 my cell is 602-402-6717 I will set it to roam and hope it works! While in the truck I will be listening to Ch-1 or 146.52 for the hams.

Friday night: I've made reservations at the Fat City Smokehouse, 36South 100West. Our reservations are for 6:30pm. Payment for dinner will be up to each party. The establishment adds a 20% gratuity to each individual check when dealing with large groups.

---------------------------------

Saturday Morning at 8:30: Meet at the City Market Grocery Store on Main Street, 425 South Main, 801-259-5181 "Breakfast fresh from our Bakery, We'll pack your Lunch, Fried Chicken Dinners, Sandwiches made to order, Salad bar, and Deli. Fast friendly service. Open 24 hours every day". We will try to find an area in their lot where we won't be disruptive to their regular customers. Be gassed up and have your food and water for the trail BEFORE 8:30.

Saturday 4 Group: Poison Spider Mesa and a little bit of Golden Spike Trail

Saturday 3 Group: Gemini Bridges & other side trails

On Saturday and Sunday I recommend that we leave for the trails in small groups, 15 -20 minutes apart, instead of heading out as one large pack. We can gather as a group, or continue in staggered formation once we hit the trail. This will be determined at the staging area. For ease of radio identification all vehicles will be numbered with white shoe polish on the back and front windows (small numbers-easily removable).

Saturday night: Dinner on Ford. Door prizes: Ramada Inn 182 South Main Street Telephone: (435) 259-7141 Time: Appetizers starting at 6:00PM and dinner will be at 6:30/7:00PM

Campfire at Lions Back.

---------------------------------

Sunday Morning at 8:30: Meet at the City Market Grocery Store on Main Street 425 South Main, 801-259-5181 "Breakfast fresh from our Bakery, We'll pack your Lunch, Fried Chicken Dinners, Sandwiches made to order, Salad bar, and Deli. Fast friendly service. Open 24 hours every day". We will try to find an area in their lot where we won't be disruptive to their regular customers. Be gassed up and have your food and water for the trail BEFORE 8:30.

Sunday 4 Group: Fins and Things and Hells Revenge

Sunday 3 Group: Elephant Hill

Sunday evening: Dinner reservations at the Branding Iron Steak House 2971 South Highway 191 - 3 miles south of Moab. 7:00pm, (435) 259-6275 Please let me know if you plan on being there for dinner. Once again dinner is on you. We are just using the restaurant as a gathering place for the group. e-mail me direct rick@4x4central.com

Monday and Tuesday, I'm available for wheeling.

Wednesday. I'm leaving for Phoenix

------------------
Rick Horwitz
Editor
explorer@4x4central.com
www.4x4central.com
Ricks Explorer

Just curious if anyone was going to moab from southern CA area Friday. I'm leaving about 4:30 - 5:00 a.m. friday morning. If anybody is and would like to drive together e-mail me and let me know. F150chstrk@aol.com. If not I'll see you guys there and I can't wait!

Colin "Fenderguy" Ignacio

'92 XLT - 4" Trailmaster - 33 BFG All-Terrains - MagnaFlo cat back - K&N cone filter

Rick,
I got it. I printed out the email but it's in my briefcase at work, and I got the nights mixed up remembering the Ford dinner. Guess my age is starting to creep up on me now. I get confused easier.

Ray, Happy Birthday to us Dead Link Removed

Gerald

Here is my schedule:

Leaving Orange County, CA. Wed. at midnite, arriving in Moab Thursday approx. 2:00 p.m.
Staying: Silver Sage Inn
Thursday Dinner: play it by ear.
Cellular Phone's No.: 714-342-7192 or
714-231-7335

Friday: Going with Rick and doing the Kane
Creek .
Dinner: Fat City Smokehouse - 6:30 p.m.

Sat: Group 4 Poison Spider Mesa & Golden
Spike
Dinner: Ford Motor Co.

Sun: Group 4 Fins & Things; Hells Revenge
Dinner: Branding Iron Steak House- 7:00 p.m.

Sunday Midnite: Leaving Moab and heading back to O.C., CA. (at least for now thats the plan).

I forgot to wish Ray L. & Gearld J. a big

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dead Link Removed

Ray & Gerald:

Happy Birthday and many more returns.
Keep wheeling.

------------------
Peter
'99 Sport 4wd SOHC

Peter - great idea on posting the itineraries, etc. I know a lot of people are going but probably not reading this thread for some odd reason but it should should at least help with the people that do respond, so heres mine..

Thursday,
Leave Denver around noon with Hix's buddy, arrive in moab via I-70/Cisco exit (forgot the highway)
Camping at Lions Back, in the back of my Explorer.
No Trails, dinner wherever

Friday,
Trails: Still undecided,go either on Kane Creek or with Ray/Gerald
Dinner: With everyone else at the Fat City Smokehouse

Saturday,
Trails: Poison Spider/Golden Spike with the 4's.
Dinner: Ford food

Sunday,
Trails: Elephant hill with the 3s.
Dinner: Branding iron

Monday,
Trails: White Rim with Peter and Dignan
Dinner: Whatever I have in my cooler Dead Link Removed.

Tuesday,
Trails: White Rim with Peter and Dignan
Dinner: Depends on if we're back in town... if not, whatever I have in my cooler

Wednesday,
Depart from Moab, head back for Denver via Cisco/I-70.

I think that about covers it, I'll have my cell phone at 303-437-1275 and I'll be on CB Channel 1. Unsure if I'll be bringing the ham with me.

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Ray and Gerald,

Happy Birthday to you
You live in a zoo

Oh wait those are the wrong words! Dead Link Removed

I know,

How OLD are you now? How OLD are you now?

Oh you're so OLD you've probably forgotten. I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt your brains by asking. Just kidding! Have a GREAT one, guys.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Ah, to be young.

------------------
Char
93 Modified Exploder, Co-owner (passenger)& The Better (other) Half
I may be CRAZY (she is),.... BUT I'm not insane!(well...)

Think for yourself ...... Sheep end up dead!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Gerald,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Char,
I'm the big 50 Dead Link Removed
Gotta go, You know us old guys, it takes us a long time to do anything. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back