Moab run 2010 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab run 2010

Hmm, I missed the 10yr anniversary, isn't 2010 the 15yr???

Wife has a brother in Salt Lake City but I;m not sure she wants to ride in the X all that way. She'll probably want to drive herself in the Aviator :rolleyes:

That just means the caravan from the PNW gets longer. If Ken goes too, we can upgrade to a convoy :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I can say is we'll be there:p:

Don't make me leave early, drop the Explorer off in Moab and then drive down to AZ and drag the pumkin with you chasing me all the way to Moab :D I am sure that I have enough connections in SOCAL to make it majically appear in Moab weather you bring it or not.

Well I'm out on those dates, I have seminars, unless.........I retire April 1st. :D

Well I'm out on those dates, I have seminars, unless.........I retire April 1st. :D

Last time I checked May was after Apri, so if your retired, than what's the problem?

Last time I checked May was after Apri, so if your retired, than what's the problem?

Read between the lines. "unless I retire" It's not a sure thing. I'll know by January hopefully.:dunno:

Read between the lines. "unless I retire" It's not a sure thing. I'll know by January hopefully.:dunno:

Oops, I missed the key word there, "unless". Somehow my brain skipped right over that. Now it makes perfect sense.

Providing the winter makeover on the Toyota (more to come on that later) is finished I'll definatley be there. If it isn't I'm still soing to be there, I'll just have to "borrow" one of my friends rigs.

Working on this one..

Wow, that's a 1500 mile drive from where I live. If I get my conversion done I may consider this.

Sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like we have 3 explorer's, a BII (maybe 2) and a heep coming from the Pac NorWest. :D The guy with the heep has a CDL so I am thinking about renting a large car hauler for all the rigs. Tow vehicles would only have to carry campers and such saving gas.

DWD,
If you did that, are the rigs street legal? If not, wouldn't you have to camp out on the trails?

I know Canyonlands Campground has RV sites and is only 2 miles from the trail heads. Might get lucky and avoid the fuzz.

DWD,
If you did that, are the rigs street legal? If not, wouldn't you have to camp out on the trails?

I know Canyonlands Campground has RV sites and is only 2 miles from the trail heads. Might get lucky and avoid the fuzz.

All the rigs are street legal enough for Moab. We'd probably park the big tow rig somewhere else and drive the rigs into canyonlands.

Interested and as of now a maybe. Have to wait and see what the funds and work schedule look like.

25 rigs would be the biggest compared to the last 3 years.

Also, the bigger the group, the slower and less wheeling that'll be done. More people to break and hold up the group. The smaller the quicker the group will move. You'd be amazed at how much time adds up out there with photos and running to and from rigs to get the big picture of a climb or drop.

http://www.moab-utah.com/moabrim/campark.html

I know everyone loves Canyonlands, but this place is quite a bit cheaper and on the edge of town. Much quieter out there and I will always return. They also 'flexed' prices for govt/military.

I like that Canyonlands is a block from our morning meeting at City Market and right across from Moab Brewery. Can't get more convenient than that :D Also, even though it's right in the city it has so many mature trees you would never know it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be at Canyonlands. The sooner we decide on a date I am planning it. I might even have my own Polaris RZR by then!! I am looking for one Brad, so you need to make sure you show up like we talked about..

Back