My build log: project PIA | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My build log: project PIA

Bro...you need to try burnt diff oil..it is way worse tasting the the burnt fluid!! Keep at it...and soon you will be rewarded with a MEAN MACHINE!! Keep up the post too!! You R doing it right!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello lo lo?! What is going on old buddy?

Sorry guys! I have been doing a bunch of doctor visits for my surgery and ordering some much needed parts for this project... like a new flywheel, clutch kit, and starter. The flywheel and clutch kit came in today, so I am in the process of installing them as we speak (very good at multitasking! lol!) I will post more after I finish for the night... assuming I'm not spent!:salute:

O.K. I'm officially SPENT! Almost 4 a.m. and all I got done was a bunch of searching on the interweb, the flex plate off and the new Brute Force flywheel installed. Doc appt. in a few hours, so I am going to get a few winks. I'll get back on it tomorrow (thank God for Rockstar drinks!)

picture.php

picture.php

And good night.:confused::salute:

Ha ha ha, your as far as I am. Tomorrow or Tuesday I plan on putting the clutch, pressure plate on, maybe even get the transmission in.

"I had a 50 or so mile commute to work, but the last few miles are a winding, uphill battle." I didn't know there were any mountains in Bakersfield? lol

LOL! Not so many in Bakersfield, but I work at Elk Hills in Taft and the last few miles inside the gates were not very friendly to the A4LD!

Brute Force clutch installed last night, but I was too tired to post!

picture.php

I spent all day with both sides of the family for Easter today so nothing got done. I have a doc appt. in the A.M. tomorrow, but after that its back to the grindstone for one more push. Surgery is on Wednesday and I will be out of commission for about 8 weeks, at least thats what the docs are saying. I think theres probably something I can tinker with on this thing in a wheel chair. Maybe a lifted wheel chair... hmmmm...:D

pilot bushing go in ok?

It's funny you should ask about that... I searched the **** out of the interweb and found no info on where the pilot bushing goes in exactly. The stock flywheel had it pressed into it, so I pressed the new one into the new flywheel. The only thing that bothers me is,on other cars in the past, I have always put the pilot bushing into the end of the crank. I dunno... I will probably get a bunch of comments about how I screwed the pooch on this one and my whole rig is gonna explode if I don't put it in the crank. (I welcome all comments on this subject, just don't be a dick.) I don't know... I only have 2 days left before I'm out of commission for a while and I wanted to at least get the trans in. I guess we'll see.

my first manual tranny install so I have no idea. does it go in the crank?

Yes, goes in the flywheel.

flush with the clutch side or crank side?

Is that a light weight flywheel, or is this a steel one...good luck on surgery bro, I hope it all goes well. Looks good. always copy the oem unless you are doing a mod. looks like you got it right me...GOOD JOB!!:thumbsup::D

later

Yay! I beat you to my 5 speed swap! lol I was driving it all day and I am so in love with my rig now. So peppy now...

I hate you.:mad:

Just kiddin'!:D I'm stoked it's working good for you! It's like 1 somethin' in the a.m. and I have to get up for surgery in 3 hours!:thumbdwn: I wish I could sleep. I hate anesthesia! I asked the doc if he could just give me some nitrous to take the edge off and he laughed a little, then stopped when he realized I wasn't kidding. Wish me luck guys! I will let you all know how it goes afterwards. :salute:

Back from the hospital. Super doped up, but coherant. Doc said that my ACL is torn pretty good, but we'll have to wait on that surgery till I'm healed up completely from this 1. Sucky. Oh well... Time for a Copenhagen and a nap! I will shoot you guys a message later. Thank youguys for showin love and all the kind words of encouragement! I am very thankful for my E.F. family!:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back