• Register Today It's free!

Need seat wiring diagrams

Reaction score
City, State
Li, Ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 piu interior upgrade
Hey all
I’m trying to put civilian seats into my piu and the ones that i got from the yard have heated and cooled anyone have wiring diagrams for those
For now i am not trying to wire up the heated and cooled options just trying to get all motion functions and no airbag light i have swapped over the ocs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'll need the year for the seats and the what year they are going into. this way you can match them.

You'll need to find a way to hook it up to the vehicles power. It won't be a plug and play solution for the seats. If they just need power, I do recommend using the 6 pin or 14 pin upfit connectors. Be sure you have original seats in case an airbag warning comes up on the dash.

I made a video on it a while back. The drivers seat you have to make jumper wires to bypass the memory seat module (DCM). After doing that you will have full motion of the seat but getting heated seats to work is challenging. The PIU harness does not support heated seats so it's not as simple as turning it on in Forscan. It would be easy enough to hard wire the seat heater with a switch, but without the module controlling it would just get so hot til it melts itself. Hard wiring the cooling would not be too hard. For the passenger seat all you have to do is run a jumper cable from the drivers side Purple/red wire to the same colored wire on the new seat. If you already swapped the OCS then you are good. Although for the first time I just encountered an issue after swapping the OCS where it is still throwing a code. I can reset it with IDS but I need to wait til it's warmer outside.

The PIU harness does not support heated seats so it's not as simple as turning it on in Forscan.

10 Way Power Diagram.jpg

I made a video on it a while back. The drivers seat you have to make jumper wires to bypass the memory seat module (DCM). After doing that you will have full motion of the seat but getting heated seats to work is challenging. The PIU harness does not support heated seats so it's not as simple as turning it on in Forscan. It would be easy enough to hard wire the seat heater with a switch, but without the module controlling it would just get so hot til it melts itself. Hard wiring the cooling would not be too hard. For the passenger seat all you have to do is run a jumper cable from the drivers side Purple/red wire to the same colored wire on the new seat. If you already swapped the OCS then you are good. Although for the first time I just encountered an issue after swapping the OCS where it is still throwing a code. I can reset it with IDS but I need to wait til it's warmer outside.

The PIU harness does not support heated seats so it's not as simple as turning it on in Forscan.

View attachment 449351
I have seen your video, but it seems things changed a bit for 2016+ bc i have swapped the ocs and I’ve still got all sorts of codes. And for the drivers seat I’ve read on some f150 forums that you just need to run a power line to the dscm/dcm to power it up and no need to jump the switches.
Btw thanks for your videos ive seen most of em and they’re really helpful and well done. greatly appreciated

The 2016 model year was a "refresh" and introduced many new changes to the vehicle's electronics and circuits.

Peter

16+ the pins are all there you just need to flip a few around, run power to pass, double up a ground on driver and swap ocm/occupant mat from piu. maybe you have helpful info to share or are you looking for a hand holding video?

For now i followed your instructions for the passenger seat (swap harness+ ocsm) and there is power going to the seat from factory except the power and ground are flipped. So all i need to figure out is the driver seat dsm. The seats i got have memory and heated/cooled so its a bit of a mess but i plan to update with the info once i get it figured out. I found the huge pdf with service manual and all the wire diagrams and was able to sort through to the seat diagrams but it doesn’t come with the connector pinouts or they’ve managed to evade me so just trying to figure that out

View attachment 449351

Hey @richey - made comment on the YouTube video, but figured I'd make it here, too....

Looks like there's an error in the chart? E - Jump Yellow/Blue to Blue/Yellow ----- but E on the switch panel is Yellow/Blue and E on the Rear Height Motor is Yellow/Orange. Only found it because for the life of me I couldn't find a Blue/Yellow!

Hey @richey - made comment on the YouTube video, but figured I'd make it here, too....

Looks like there's an error in the chart? E - Jump Yellow/Blue to Blue/Yellow ----- but E on the switch panel is Yellow/Blue and E on the Rear Height Motor is Yellow/Orange. Only found it because for the life of me I couldn't find a Blue/Yellow!
The chart I am using was made when I was installing my 2011 F150. The wires happened to line up on these seats as well. It does not surprise me that some colors may vary over the years.

The chart I am using was made when I was installing my 2011 F150. The wires happened to line up on these seats as well. It does not surprise me that some colors may vary over the years.
Gotcha - I was working on my '15 PIU. Makes sense to me - thanks!

Back