no key detected (keyless start doesnt work, autostart and keyless entry work)- code B10C7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no key detected (keyless start doesnt work, autostart and keyless entry work)- code B10C7

qglockner

Reaction score
City, State
Spruce Grove Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012, Explorer limited
Hey guys, I have a 2012 ford explorer limited. I live in edmonton alberta and we had a really cold snap that killed the battery. the doors wouldnt even open so i had to use the removable key from the fob to get into the vehicle to pop the hood. i replaced the battery and now keyless start doesnt work (screen says no key detected). the autostart and keyless entry work fine tho. i have been using the slot in the console to start the vehicle or a month or so now. i hooked up a computer and it has code B10C7 Interior Trunk Antenna Circuit Intermittent. i took it to the dealership and they tried to relearn the keys but they said it wasnt the issue and the issue is to do with the rear trunk antenna. does anyone have any advice on this?

thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm guessing you're referring to Remote Start when you mentioned: "autostart".
What happens when you attempt to use the ignition to start the vehicle? Do you hear anything at all? I don't see what the Trunk Antenna Circuit has to do with using the ignition. I would think that only comes into play when using remote start. Does this happen with both keyfobs? How old are fob batteries?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm guessing you're referring to Remote Start when you mentioned: "autostart".
What happens when you attempt to use the ignition to start the vehicle? Do you hear anything at all? I don't see what the Trunk Antenna Circuit has to do with using the ignition. I would think that only comes into play when using remote start. Does this happen with both keyfobs? How old are fob batteries?

Peter
Hey Peter thanks for the response! Yes I meant remote start. When I have either keys in the vehicle (not in center console slot), depress brake pedal, and push start button, the screen says no key detected and will not attempt to start. The keyfob batteries are new I replaced both.

Hey Peter thanks for the response! Yes I meant remote start. When I have either keys in the vehicle (not in center console slot), depress brake pedal, and push start button, the screen says no key detected and will not attempt to start. The keyfob batteries are new I replaced both.
I've had that happen a couple of times and have been given the option to press the "OK" button on the steering wheel and the warning goes away and I can start up.

Peter

i can click ok but it still wont allow me to start the vehicle unless i insert the fob into the slot in the center console

I've had that happen a couple of times and have been given the option to press the "OK" button on the steering wheel and the warning goes away and I can start up.

Peter
i can click ok but it still wont allow me to start the vehicle unless i insert the fob into the slot in the center console

Back