Ol' Faithful | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ol' Faithful

I am the proud original owner of my 99 xlt. It has survived two cross country moves, three kids, many late night beer runs and one head on tree collision. Although it is a two wheel drive it hasnt kept me from recently transforming it into something better than how i got it. My wife bought it just before we got married so she picked the drive train. She factory ordered it with what she wanted, and since having our third child and aquiring a mini van, it became mine.
It went from this

Attachments

• explorer.JPG
    explorer.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 631
  • explwreck.JPG
    explwreck.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 637

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

D:

Sorry to see that man....is the 2nd pic how it looks now?

Is that black or blue? Bad pun too... :(

That stinks- one owner too!

Joe that kinda rhymes haha, it looks like the Navy Blue color, or a dirty black lol

Months and Money later

A new hood, grill, grill trim, big ass hammer, and tons of rattle cans.

Attachments

• hoodef.JPG
    hoodef.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,004
  • hoodpnt.JPG
    hoodpnt.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 996
  • gloss hood.JPG
    gloss hood.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,004

Anymore pics? We like full body shots :p:

Deep wedgewood blue, but everytime i get a ticket or have it valet'ed they mark it as black.

Lol, the last speeding ticket I got my black 95 was marked as Red

When i wash all the salt off tomorrow i'll get some updated pics, just went elite today so it's a little late for pics tonight

I cant even TRY to keep up on washing mine unless I washed it at least twice a day :(

Its not going to rain or snow for a week in chicago so its getting scrubbed.

Were supposed to have an ice storm thursday night
:D

Woo-hoo!

Fresh coat of cleanliness

since it was getting the front end rebuilt, I figured i would throw a few extra bucks at it. Crappy shackles, spring helpers for when i pull the trailer, TT, and ball joints with 31's (no pics with 31's). The 31's were temporary until i ran into a set of FREE 32x11.5's.

Attachments

• exp4.JPG
    exp4.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 585
  • exp3.JPG
    exp3.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 543
  • exp2.JPG
    exp2.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 544
  • exp1.JPG
    exp1.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 596

And yes...I have gone to the darkside.

Attachments

• exp5.JPG
    exp5.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 568

looks good keep up good work

My 2 in bodylift is waiting in the garage for a decent weekend. by decent i mean over 40 degrees.

My 2 in bodylift is waiting in the garage for a decent weekend. by decent i mean over 40 degrees.

The explorer is looking good. Where did you find a 2 inch body lift? With the 2inch lift do you still need the steering extension?

body lift was for a 91-94 from someone on the forum. I dont think i will need the steering extension. I assume you ask because they seem to be in demand around the forum

Yeah pretty much haha, i commute to college, therefore i don't want something to large. A 2inch body lift and like 1 inch TT, with shackles would be pretty ideal for me i think. Looking forward to seeing the pics when you get the lift put on. What brand of tires are you running? Also, will the bumper mounts with that kit work on the 2nd gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My tires are mismatched cuz they were free. Steel radial Mud Trac in back and mastercraft a/t in front.
As far as bumper mounts, i'm going to have to make them because the mounts on my truck are still kinda mangled from the accident.

Back