red.EDDIE.4x4's Explorer Registry | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

red.EDDIE.4x4's Explorer Registry

Name: Tyler
Truck: 1993 Eddie Bauer Explorer

welp...this is my baby. got her in the fall of 2007 as a gift from an elderly woman at my church. she bought it right off the showroom floor when it was brand new, and she kept it in excellent condition. the only real driving she did was to church, grocery store, and to the flower shop (which she put a tarp in the back so no dirt would get in the carpet). when i got her she had a whopping 54k on the odometer! and of course the paint was in scratch less.

just after a fresh coat of black on the grill and the wipers.
IMG00703.jpg

aint she beautiful?
IMG00718.jpg

now comes lift time!

what its got:
Suspension/Brakes:
Rough Country 4 inch lift
1.5 inch coil seats
SOA
Warn Manual hubs
Sway bar disconnects
new brakes all around
disk 8.8 from an 01'
4.88 gears not locked

Eengine/Trans:
Rebuilt A4LD with shift kit
Manual mod for electric bw1354 (check my sig)
fully rebuilt 4.0- bored to 3.992, comp cam, new heads, new bottom end, smith bros push rods
motorcraft plugs
9 mm wires
TB mod/cable mod
air box mod into fender well
hi flow cat (straight thru)
flowmaster 40
2.5 inch side pipe.

Tires/Wheels
33x12.5x15 Firestone A/Ts
Cragar soft 8s

Lighting
4x100 watt floods on top
2x55 watt rear flood lights
red LED interior lights under all the seats
stockers...

Electronics
Dual 100 watt FM/CD/USB/iPod/Aux stereo
4 Alpine type S speakers
stock jbl amps
10" kicker comp
custom ported fibreglass stealth sub enclosure.
Cobra 19 III CB/PA
30 watt PA horn
6 switch, switch board in center console
2 pillar mount gauges, water temp and vacuum.
2 dash mount gauges, oil pressure and trans temp

Cargo
48" highlift (mounted in cargo area)
total of 60 feet of cable, chain, and strap
good ol' come-a-long:)
big cross lug wrench
shovel
spare tire (33x12.5 BFG M/T)
misc tools, sockets, and 1 3/8 wrench (under drivers seat within reach);)
gallon of 10w-30
few quarts of ATF
gloves
case of water bottles
change of clothes

shes my DD so thats about it...nothin too crazy:exporange...

liftin her up
IMG00744.jpg

IMG00743.jpg

IMG00754.jpg

IMG00769.jpg

IMG00778.jpg

IMG00780.jpg

IMG00803.jpg

IMG00831.jpg

roof rack time!
why pay nearly 500 for something when you can make it for 50!
IMG01071.jpg

IMG01078.jpg

IMG01105.jpg

IMG01205.jpg

the stereo system
had a nice alpine deck...got stolen due to the lack of security system. now im runnin the cheapie dual deck at wally world.
but heres my custom sub enclosure powered by the stock amps.
IMG01164.jpg

IMG01168.jpg

IMG01175.jpg

IMG01182.jpg

IMG01200-1.jpg

this is it for now. but ive got some big plans when mid july comes. ill let you guys see what im talkin about. ;)

Thanks guys! :salute: happy trails.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

more stuff! havnt been posting pics in a while because my camera was broken...
just the other day i decided to venture over into an area that i found i am not the greatest in....wiring!
i finally got around to powering up that switch board in my center console, i used 4 gauge from the battery to the console where i split it into an aux 8 port fuse box. then it goes into the switches. i have 2 fuse spots left over in case i decide to add something, but i doubt itll happen. 6 extra things is a lot!
DSC04420.jpg

i first got some new lights for the rear, they are great for backing up at night or if i need to dig around in the cargo area.
DSC04412.jpg

and just in case something DOES mysteriously ignite...i got this
DSC04418.jpg

i also picked up these! had to paint the pillar pod and this was the absolute closest color i could find. the top one is a vacuum and the lower one is water temp
DSC04417.jpg

DSC04416.jpg

at some point saturday ill be installing LEDs under the dash, and seats.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

coooool! good work on the extinguisher. I need to get one of those too. Every rig should have one, no question.

Any chance on a write up for the Temp gauge?

I'm sure I can get on it tomorrow or Saturday when I power up the LEDs. I don't have many pics but i'll try to maybe take it apart or post some diagrams. Also where to splice wires into others if it will help.

Any chance on a write up for the Temp gauge?

after what seems like forever..slaving over this hot computer...;)
i managed to create some type of a write up for the temp gauge. it mainly applies to a first gen expo but im sure you can get the gist of it.
Temp Gauge

Thanks for taking the time. Defiantly gave me a better understanding.

no problem, ive been helped out alot by many people on this forum. its about time i did the helpin.

my buddy made me some KC decals for my light covers.
thats about the only update ive got...
IMG00031-20101227-1227.jpg

and in the next 1000 miles or so i will have to buy a new steering box (output shaft is bent) and new power steering pump...the current one is whining like crazy. and ive got alot of play in my steering wheel. sigh.

and i almost forgot!
IMG00049-20101231-1817.jpg

robbed a ranger of its trans cooler. gonna use it on the low pressure side of my power steering pump when i get a new one.

more goodies today! Finally bit the bullet on my power steering slop/pump whine...
luckily i have a friend who works at O'Reilly's and he got me his employee discount on everything i needed, and with a lifetime warranty on the gear box and the pump.
i got the power steering gear box (re-man), power steering pump (re-man), 2 quarts of fluid, and 10 feet of trans/power steering hose all for a grand total of $163.11:D im pleased.
new pump, didnt get a shot of the gear box, but it is a re-man Ford box.
IMG00060-20110117-1157.jpg

think i got enough coolers???? :p:
despite all those extra coolers blocking the radiator....my water temp is still around 185*
IMG00059-20110117-1156.jpg

this is what i did on the low pressure side of the gear box. this is the return line that is suppose to go into the pump, instead i bypassed it into a cooler, then it goes to a pump. i couldnt find a 3/8 barb fitting in a 90* angle...:thumbdwn: so i had to settle with this.
IMG00061-20110117-1321.jpg

took it to Firestone to get my lifetime alignment done, and it turns like a champ! no more slop! no more power steering pump whine!
the new sound the pump makes almost sounds like a supercharger....not quite sure if its a good or bad thing.

time for somewhat of an update.
i have not really been tinkering on the X much lately, mainly ive been debating my battle with gas prices and a more fuel efficient vehicle, the fiero i have started is at a stand still. i am keeping the X but wont be driving it much, ive got my eye out for a early 00's mitsubishi lancer 5 speed. this will give me time to park the X and pull the engine and do a mild rebuild while in school. my rear main seal is toast and i leak about a quart of oil in a month.
here is the little low budget "power maker" i managed to machine out.
its just a stock fuel rail that i cleaned up on a mill.
IMG00138-20110308-2223.jpg

IMG00139-20110308-2223.jpg

not bad eh?

Looks nice. I like how I have literally the exact same 2 catalogs on my kitchen counter right now. Same issues, too. Gotta keep up to date, ya know? ;)

haha yeah, i watch for the mail man every day till the next issue of petersons arrives. theres actually a little segment on a TTB ranger in either that issue or last months issue, cant remember which one.

I believe it was the issue before it. Ranger buyer's guide. Helpful info.
And then back to 6 months w/o mentioning a Ranger or an Explorer :(. And I've stayed very vigilant about watching for an Explorer in the Reader's Rides since I got mine in November and absolutely nothing. There was one Mounty, I believe, with 31" tires that some guy got free after a tree fell on it but that was it.

upper intake-to-fuel rail spacer? please post pics if so. i want to do the same thing at some point

i will be sure to add pics and such when i actually get the time to put it on. ill have the engine out in early june and i will add it when i build up my 4.0

found one of the best things yet at the salvage yard. i was never really planning on buying one considering i have a "manual" shift kit on mine...but i just had to scoop it.
its the famous Manual BW 13-54. it had everything except the knob. it was even bolted to a M5OD...but i wasnt really interested in all that. plus i didnt have the cash. only down side is that it wasnt too cheap for a junk yard transfer case, i ended up paying 170 for all.
IMG00207-20110419-1521.jpg

Can you go back and get me the double inner shfter boot and the double shifter boot trim ring if you didnt break it getting the boot out?

As in the thick chunk of rubber that sits ontop of the floor over he shifter? Or the actual elephant trunk shift boot for the m5od? And the ring was still intact. It was in the back seat of the ranger i took it out of.
And yeah I can go back. I'll prob be there this friday. I would go sooner but it's a good 25 min highway drive and Friday is my day off.

Very nice looking truck, Red.EDDIE. I've come to your thread a couple of times for ideas for mine. In fact, before I bought the kit to lift mine- yours was the reason I did so :) Keep up the awesome thread!!!

Very nice looking truck, Red.EDDIE. I've come to your thread a couple of times for ideas for mine. In fact, before I bought the kit to lift mine- yours was the reason I did so :) Keep up the awesome thread!!!

thank you for the kind words XLTGirl, and i will be sure to keep up with the thread. plenty more to come!

Back