Possible Big Bear rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks run with random pictures? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible Big Bear rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks run with random pictures?

are you in AZ right now cyber?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

15 N -> Bear Valley E -> 18 E into Lucerne Valley -> 18 S...
Once you get on the mtn stay on the north side which turns into hwy 38. Disco center will be on the right about a mile past Stanfield cutoff.

Or you could try coming up Hwy 38 from Yucaipa, but it doesn't take much to mess that one up.

...i'm sure it is already sloppy up there and with 8-10" of rain predicted between now and tomorrow afternoon, there should be some strapping going on...now i'm wishing i would take the X...but the ranger will have to do...:D

Hey boomer, I don't suppose you have any gps coordinates for up there do you?

are you in AZ right now cyber?

Yup plan on getting a late start from here head back in the early morning hours then fill up the X with fuel and me full of coffee and then head to Big Bear:D

Who needs sleep right ?:p:

:scratch:... hold on a minute...Disco center 34* 15'47 x 116* 54'17 now that's via Google earth so I'm not sure how accurate.

Holding (elevator music):p

...sounds like the big bear area just got added to the flash flood warnings...it could be worse...they are saying mamoth area is getting 4"'s of snow an hour right now...:D

As long as the roads are open, I'm there. Thanks for the coordinates boomer.

I'd worry just as much about flash floods in the desert on the way up. Everyone should probably know an alternate route just in case.

BTW: We will almost certainly lose power tonight and possibly our phone (and thus DSL) lines as well, so I will call if I can't post (or can't be bothered to start up the generator) in the AM. See y'all soon :).

I'd worry just as much about flash floods in the desert on the way up. Everyone should probably know an alternate route just in case.

...if the roads get closed and it floods on the desert side, there is always the cleghorn trail to 2n17x to ritsui''s....:D

...if the roads get closed and it floods on the desert side, there is always the cleghorn trail to 2n17x to ritsui''s....:D

Yup there always plan B :bounce::bounce::D

...well it's time for plan B everyone...hwy 18 is closed to the dam so going up thru the desert is the plan...:D

...btw, they already have slides going on in malibu...:eek:

Weather update: :eek:

Now
A Flash Flood Warning is in effect. Moderate to occasionally heavy rain will continue through 1130 PM this evening. Additional rainfall amounts are expected to be between one-third and three-quarters of an inch. Heaviest on the coastal slopes and foothills. Winds will be south to southwest at 15 to 25 mph with occasional gusts to 35 mph in the valleys...and 30 to 40 mph with gusts to near 60 mph on exposed south facing slopes and ridges.

Saturday
Patchy dense fog in the morning. Rain in the morning...then showers likely in the afternoon. Rain may be heavy at times in the morning. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times in the morning. Snow level 7500 feet...becoming 7000 feet in the afternoon. Highs 42 to 52. Winds southwest 20 to 30 mph. Gusts to 55 mph.

We may not even beable to see all the rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks now...
Everyone drive safe, and we'll see you there. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...just rain, wind, landslides, ponds and rocks...snow would be just to much, lol..:D

And how is this different from the street in front of my house?:confused: I just helped push a guys S2000 out of about 2ft deep of water on the street, after he sucked up some water into his intake:thumbdwn: Like I told my wife, this is why I drive a truck;)

Back