Pretty significant b4 and after. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pretty significant b4 and after.

A few years and lots of work and the X is a little different now. sorry the before pic kinda sucks, I have better somewhere just not sure where. And no I couldnt keep the yakima rack even though I begged.
I do guarantee this is the same truck. I got it in 2002 and love it to death

Attachments

• bnb.jpg
    bnb.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 553
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 535

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't see much of a difference. :p Looks good man!

Thanks, Still not done (not that it ever will be)

Great street truck. :eek: Ever think about taking it off-road?
Karl

Nah, I am afraid that the insanely weak 9 inch diff will blow up ;)
Actualy since it has only been done for less than 24 hours I havent gotten it offroad yet. SOON her day will come. The original plan was to do the SAS then go straight to paragon for some fun but time didnt permit due to the first day ending up with us stuck in the woods with a flat waiting for someone to bring a good spare. LESSON TO ALL. ALWAYS carry a full size spare and check it regularly

very nice rig man!!
that axle had to cost a pretty penny huh? LOL
great job

rino351 said:
very nice rig man!!
that axle had to cost a pretty penny huh? LOL
great job

thanks a bunch. Actualy I am about to anger some people here with costs. I have been leaving the best part of my entire SAS out to make it a huge suprise. The ENTIRE job, including every bolt I needed to buy, stuff to make the extended brake lines to work, food, new shocks, EVERYTHING cost me less than 400 bucks. Even including the gas for the 2 hour drive to my friends where we did it. The secret lies in favors. I got the axle itself from a friend for helping him out a lot with one of his trucks. THANKS JIM :) He however had planned on selling the third member and Wouldnt give it away. Well He called me one day in a pannick to come up with 400 bucks, I told him we would work something out (was out of town that day). Another friend of mine needed an a4ld swap and had been given a bunch of crazy quotes. I got him a dealer tranny for 1400 bucks with a converter and put it in in exchange for the third member. :) its a nodular currie with precision gears and an ARB. Well Its great how things can happen isnt it? same guy that hooked me up with the axle is selling an atlas 2 that I really want but cant afford.
BTW the axle was about 6 grand from currie 3 years ago

that's awesome :eek:
I don't think I could justify myself buying a $6,000 axle, but hey, for free, I'd take it!
very cool

bmxking5 said:
I don't see much of a difference. :p
I was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't this be in the street truck forum........? :rolleyes: :p

Looks good and defenitely post some action pics when you get them.

Looks good. Just wondering what is with your grill? Is that a cold front or something.

The grill is painted black and has lund inserts. it isnt a cold front as its totaly vented. They stopped making them a while ago sadly

I like it. Looks really good. Makes me want to do a SAS (if I had the funds). Good job again.

-Drew

Thanks, honestly doing an SAS doesnt have to be terribly pricey. One of the best swaps I have ever seen was done for verry little money and out flexes almost anything out there. The waggy's d44 is fairly cheap, tough, and usualy available localy.

Back