Project - "Rock Trac" Restoration | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project - "Rock Trac" Restoration

Well the original plan when I bought John's truck was to go ahead and disassemble it and use it for parts for mine. I decided instead to go ahead and keep it together and replace what needed to be replaced, and mine can still stay the road queen that it is hah.

So I thought I'd post up some pictures so far....

How the Trac stood when we arrived to pick her up.

Another...

Getting her loaded up on my Tahoe...

Randall trying to figure out where we can stuff more of the parts that go with her...

Kris double checking Randall's tie down work to make sure it doesn't fly off while we're driving back home :)

Late night entry into the garage after a very long haul to Houston and back home - Large thanks for Kris and Randall for all their help

Current status in my garage

As you can see, a little bit of rust, but we'll go ahead and go over that with some good old rustolem

Header panel on the drivers side cracked and full of holes - hard to keep the headlamp/turn signal and fender back on it

New header panel next

New header panel in my make shift paint booth haha

Needed a new fan clutch

Had to cut the fan shroud off to get the fan clutch off - as John taught me the correct way to rebuild our plastic parts on our Trac's haha - Zip Ties!

More to come as I get further into it. Plan is for this Sunday, Kris will be coming over to assist me in taking the superlift off the front and dropping it back down to original suspension up front as the superlift knuckles are ruined.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome job, guys- glad to see the ST living on...! :thumbsup:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

All I have to say is I feel like I got hit by a Mac Truck.

All I have to say is I feel like I got hit by a Mac Truck.

Then run over by a PC Semi?:D

You all deserve a slap on the back and 10 case's of grog for keeping the dream alive. :thumbsup:

Why take out the SuperLift? What are you doing with it? great job so far!!!

Good luck to you TxPlates. You are doing a great thing. John is smiling!!!

Oh, Ok. I wondered why John put the Superlift on there when he always said you didn't need it to do the extreme offroading like he did.

Gotcha, keep up the good work!!

Well my son and I decided since it was a nice day we'd take the Trac out of the garage and the other fender off and wash off all the dirt while we wait for a few additional parts for the front end to arrive.

IMG_1110.png

IMG_1109.png

IMG_1112.png

Seth enjoying spraying it off :)

IMG_1113.png

Drivers side - done

IMG_1118.png

All clean and back in the garage.

looks a bit different clean...

Ha Mike no, instead he thought it would be funny to spray the inside of the garage haha.

Kris it'll look alot better once I get the front back together and the tires on it. I'm gonna take it this week to get the alignment done.

Godspeed Chris. It's a good thing you are doing. I wish you the best :salute:

Back