Project - "Rock Trac" Restoration | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Project - "Rock Trac" Restoration

Well the original plan when I bought John's truck was to go ahead and disassemble it and use it for parts for mine. I decided instead to go ahead and keep it together and replace what needed to be replaced, and mine can still stay the road queen that it is hah.

So I thought I'd post up some pictures so far....

How the Trac stood when we arrived to pick her up.

Another...

Getting her loaded up on my Tahoe...

Randall trying to figure out where we can stuff more of the parts that go with her...

Kris double checking Randall's tie down work to make sure it doesn't fly off while we're driving back home :)

Late night entry into the garage after a very long haul to Houston and back home - Large thanks for Kris and Randall for all their help

Current status in my garage

As you can see, a little bit of rust, but we'll go ahead and go over that with some good old rustolem

Header panel on the drivers side cracked and full of holes - hard to keep the headlamp/turn signal and fender back on it

New header panel next

New header panel in my make shift paint booth haha

Needed a new fan clutch

Had to cut the fan shroud off to get the fan clutch off - as John taught me the correct way to rebuild our plastic parts on our Trac's haha - Zip Ties!

More to come as I get further into it. Plan is for this Sunday, Kris will be coming over to assist me in taking the superlift off the front and dropping it back down to original suspension up front as the superlift knuckles are ruined.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't believe I didn't see this sooner. Keep up the good work!

You're on my list of interviews at the Meet, just so you know. :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thanks for doing this. John's truck should live on.

Alright, a small update, but an update non the less...got home and Mike from mysporttrac.com's lamps and turn signals had arrived so I installed them and put the fenders back on as best I could. It'll take a little adjustment but it'll be ok.....

IMG_1126.png

IMG_1125.png

IMG_1127.png

Still needs a little bit of tweaking to make everything fit right, but it's getting there.

X2, excellent:thumbsup::thumbsup:

leaps and bounds better.. great job

Thanks! I'll find out tomorrow if I'm home for the week, and if I am, the plan is to get the alignment done and get a guy I know at one of the shops to the adjust the lamps correctly and bend/prod the fenders back to matching :)

Well I rushed today because I don' think I'll be around for the run at the end of the month due to the recent hail storms.....so...

Here is the status so far and it should be pretty much ready for the memorial run thank goodness but I've spoken with Kris and we're good to go so....

I got the alignment done and the tires put back on and some of the interior put back together....

Front end...
IMG_1135.png

IMG_1137.png

IMG_1136.png

IMG_1138.png

IMG_1141.png

IMG_1140.png

IMG_1142.png

IMG_1143.png

headliner installed

IMG_1144.png

Parts of the interior installed

IMG_1145.png

More of the interior installed

IMG_1146.png

F*****' Awesome, she look's F*****' Awesome! You blokes are legend's.

Amazing job! :eek:

subscribing

wow, im new here but cant believe all the work y'all have done. keep it up guys it looks amazing.

Well got lucky today, was at a body shop for work, and they have the left side of a bedside for a Sport Trac tossed, the panel it's self was bad, but there were 3 ties downs and the plate that goes around the aux input on the rear of the bed still on it that I could use for this restoration, so ask the manager and sure enough said I could have'em. So now I just need to pick up 3 more tie downs and we're good to go on the bed.

I just got two from NCRanchero, I think he could get the other three or four for you.:thumbsup:

Back