projector headlights on ebay. one piece | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

projector headlights on ebay. one piece

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats all i got till 2009 sorry busy week!

EDIT Jan 01 2009:
I am not done with the install yet. I will be removing the grill and lights again today for final fitment issues.
The lights do not clear my mercury grill 100%, easy to solve though....
Drivers side large halo is not firing up all the way, drivers side high beam is also not working LOL

Aiming the lights will hopefully happen tonight, I picked up all new bulbs, 2 H1's and 2 H3's as well as yellow 94 side markers for turn signals

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I built a relay system like this for my explorer when I swapped in single beam HIDs. I wanted the low beams to stay on while I switched the highs on, which at that time were some Hella Driving lights. I will see if I can find the thread. Lights look great btw. Interested in seeing how the beam pattern is.

Edit:
Here is the thread that I was posting in, and figured out how to wire the high beams to stay on with the lows.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205585&highlight=HID
Here is the wiring diagram i used to wire up the relays, its only the pin out of the relay, but you should be able to figure the rest out.
http://www.kchilites.com/faq/instructions/6314.pdf

Dan

Beautiful idk when but I will be buying those real soon

some pics of the beam pattern................my driveway is not flat! truck is very dirty, with some steering issues I have not been driving her! LOL My priorities were, lights.... then steering! LOL
Plan is to finish fixing the steering this weekend (int shaft worn, new rack and pinion), full detail, and then finally I can get the front clip and bumper finally painted (do it myself style)

Bulbs are Sylvania Extra Vision, high and low beams (h3 and H1)
LIGHTS HAVE NOT BEEN AIMED yet

Lows:
lows.jpg

Highs:
highs.jpg

halo's:
halos.jpg

Now to do the full write up!
I finished the installation today, another 4-5 hours in the lights
fit and finish, hang the ballasts and loose wires, fix a problem pin on the trucks headlight wiring clip, etc

fitbefore.jpg

problembumps.jpg

problemgone.jpg

fitafter.jpg

sidefitafter.jpg

ballast1.jpg

grillscrew.jpg

CIMG0056.jpg

Wow now thats not yor typical light install, custom!

Very very nice! Love to see what they Would do with some HIDs in them. Very sexy glad I can see them in a truck, now I want some but I just got my programmer ordered so there went my Christmas money. Well done.:salute:Cheers

wow lov them great job ;)

Very nice job!

thank you very much!

Just wondering how easy is it to aim those projectors?

Really good write-up 410F.
With the upgrades available for H3 & H1 bulbs these lights should make a lot of folks happy.
I would caution folks that I had halogen bulb projectors once that I put 100 watt bulbs in and the heat from the bulbs baked off the reflective surface from the projectors reflector. Sure this wouldnt happen with HID as they are not as hot as a 100 watt halogen bulb, but I thought I'd mention it.
And your lights LOOK good.

I can't wait to see these on one of your guys explorers I almost bought them right away but I held my self back, simple fact I wanted someone else to be the test dummy and wanted there review!:salute:Cheers

^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Oh man oh man I wanted to be the first but I can't wait to see them on your truck! Ah!

OK Which is it really?:confused:

Could'nt help pulling your chain.....:D

(See, I really do read all this stuff)

good choice! After seeing what Josh did (Moabb2) with tuning to his V8 swap tuning is very high on my list, I expect my 88 BII has similar air/fuel/spark curves, 35's, 4.10's, 93 style speed sensor, etc truck = confused :)
he gained 30hp! and 40 ft lbs at the wheels
$ for $ tuning is a *****in upgrade.

I was so sick of the light output I had, I couldnt pass these up!

thanks for the compliments

looks pretty good. cutoff isn't that bad either. definitly would like to see hids and road pics of them after u fix your steering.

those lights are really nice man. your write up just convinced me to get them....i will buy them once the money comes around which will be soon lol

Back