projector headlights on ebay. one piece | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

projector headlights on ebay. one piece

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

what kind of headlights are those? i searched ebay but i couldnt find them.
at least the closest one i found wasnt the same as the ones you have

LOL okay I will get some daylight pics
My lights were made by Eagle Eye and I have not seen them availale again either... it appears as if they MIGHT HAVE been an early production run? I dont know... they changed to the newer style, with a top parking lamp reflector instead of the 3 individual bulbs like mine have........all over E bay with those

I would contact Eagle Eye lighting or whomever if you want the same ones I have

I will be upgrading my low beams to HID's SOON and aiming the lights some more this weekend.....truck is getting paint :)

thanks, I LOVE these lights, it looks like a different vehicle

sweet. any chance of a part number or anything from the packaging so i know what to look for or ask for when i contact them?

btw, reading through all these threads makes me wanna do so much to my ex. lighting has always been a favorite of mine. now its time to dig in, lol

Another option for your reading pleasure. Group Buy is long since over, but these lights are readily available on eBay and otherwise. I've been real happy with them. :thumbsup:

you can't get your type anymore... I've scoured Ebay for them.. and the only ones that turn up are the ones that were in the group buy....

Si

I really doubt that the projectors will give you any better light on the road than you have now.
I have HID projectors in my Cadillac and I like the Mountys lights better.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

I noticed that too. Every time I'm at a stop light next to a Beemer or a Mercedes with HID, my lights throw a lot more light on the road in the side by side comparison.

I noticed that too. Every time I'm at a stop light next to a Beemer or a Mercedes with HID, my lights throw a lot more light on the road in the side by side comparison.

As much as I respect Bill Kemp's comments on this and many subjects, I completely disagree with the statement he made earlier. The stock headlights in Explorers are woefully inadequate. Maybe they are in a Caddy too. Stock Explorers don't work great with HIDs because of all the scatter given off by a housing simply not intended for HID applications. I've tried many a halogen and HID bulb in stock Explorer headlights and the aftermarket Diamond Cuts. They "pale" in comparison to the projector headlights I have now with 4300K HIDs. The lighting is much brighter and the projectors focus it much better. I was searching for improved lighting in my Explorers for years (I've owned 4) and the setup I have now is miles ahead of anything I've ever tried for a low beam setup. The highbeams, while still halogen (Osram Night Breakers) are better than the stock highbeams I used to use.

As far as thinking your lights are throwing more light, that's because they are...sort of. They throw light all over the place instead of where they need to be. OEM HID setups in high end vehicles focus the light optimally. My only experience ith an OEM setup was in a Lexus RX 330 I had at my disposal for a few days and I definitely had "HID envy" when I went back to my Explorer with halogens at the time. While my current setup is nowhere near as precise as the Lexus, it's about the closest I can get without doing a HID retrofit.

I've never seen Mounty headlight output personally (2nd gen Mountaineers were never released in Canada), but I have seen others suggest the Mounty lights are "adequate", but it's not often I hear them as being "great", or that much better than an Explorer.

I got home from work yesterday to find a large package waiting for me, 15# of headlights!
I have not had a chance to install them, that will happen tonight.
I did get a chance to look them over, they are so wicked cool!
A few features we can see now that were not visable on the Ebay ad's, let me get some pictures:

They are made by Eagle Eye, as far as I can tell they are a totally custom everything, housing, etc
I purchased them from K2racing on Ebay, lhey shipped the same day, shipping was free and fast, I will be leaving + feedback for sure (as long as everything works!)

IMG_2542.jpg

There is one adjuster on the housing, I assume it is for the projector but have not confirmed yet
IMG_2545.jpg

two side marker LED's and a sweet ass straight line / halo thingy above the light I did not see on the Ebay ad's:
IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

I am suspecting a drastic change in the looks of my 96 and the light output, thank goodness!
installation will be tonight....

What hid bulbs did you purchase for this headlight? Are you using halogens?

I just purchased some of these plus an HID kit, so when I get them all in and installed i will post pics. Hopefully I'll beat someone to it lol.

here people. hope to keep this thread alive lol
i still have to adjust the one headlight.. or both. dont know where theyre supposed to be sitting, it was a ***** to install but overall, im happy.

ill get some more tomorrow with my good camera if wanted.

th_IMG_0640.jpg

th_IMG_0641.jpg

th_IMG_0642.jpg

th_IMG_0643.jpg

th_IMG_0644.jpg

th_IMG_0645.jpg

How are people's ccfl halo's doing?

I've got them, and they're awesome, going to be putting some HID bulbs in in a few weeks when I get some cash..

Si

Front end of my truck is getting replaced, headlights, grill, header panel.. so I'm debating on switching to the ccfl one's that come in the other style than you have. I keep reading about how ccfl is horrible, but I can see how it's brighter... I'm wondering about durability and lifetime.. I use ccfl tubes under my dash, have for years without problems but these will sorta be out in the elements... I'm gonna try and seal the whole housing up as well as I can, along with sealing the inverters too.

The ol led ones suck.

Sarah has the LED ones and I'm putting HID bulbs in hers this week... I have the CCFL ones and will be putting HID bulbs in as soon as I can afford it, I had to drain them out when it warmed up as they filled with water... but, I love the way they look overall, compared to the other style.. I think the CCFL ones look better...

Si

Basically what I'm getting is the chrome ones, in the style Sarah has [halo's same size] with CCFL halo's. I was pretty excited to find out they started making them.

yeah, I just checked them out on eBay... however, at $300 a set, I'm gonna have to wait a while to replace hers... I would recommend getting a set of HID bulbs for the projectors, cos they're gonna suck balls otherwise...

Si

I've always run HID's in them. I wouldn't have it any other way. haha

I've also noticed it seems the newer style projectors [same size halos] put down a better beam than the older ones? What's your opinion?

Back