Rausch Creek, PA Run, December 6th. | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek, PA Run, December 6th.

looks like it was a great time had by all, wish I had made it out, hopefully I will make the next one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope Brian made it home okay...I didn't see any broken down Explorers or accidents on my way down through York though.

Apologies... should've posted when I got home. I'm usually very good about that and will post asap next time. Thanks for your concern and thanks for catching that Doug, I'll make a call today (its 3am :p) and ensure that's fixed.
I got home, showered and crashed (zzZZ) on the couch for a lil bit, heh. The wife was tired after a long day at SKi Roundtop and oddly (very), we both went to bed early.
I'm usually up til 2-3am, and if my computer had been up instead of down awaiting a harddisk, I'm sure I would've posted and had pics up by 6pm. However, no problems, wobbling, or noise... traffic was fine and I sailed through to home. I had a few ppl's numbers and wouldve probably called Blee if I had any issues, as he was going my way too.
It was good to meet more of the members here and have that experience. I was pleased as to what I was able to do, as well as what my X was able to do (especially taking the hill at the end! :) but was pleased with myself, the 31" BFGoodrich AT/KOs. It's a lot like kayaking, you have to pick a good line, keep momentum and maintain some confidence going through the tricky spots. As a trail newbie, I was pleased with the teamwork and guidance to get us all through without major incident. We all jumped in and got the job done. Kudos to not only our group, but the trail guide(s), managers and jeep owners as well.
Looking forward to seeing everyone's pics, great shots Doug. The pics really put the icing on the cake.:bounce:

And a personal thanks to Karol for the early Festivus gift. :)

Last edited:

Man, I have more pics than I thought. :D I'll post tonight :p
Hmm.. ok, just one for now - Here's Karol going for a dip (no, not in the hotel pool :p you wish!)

Attachments

• trailk5a.jpg
    trailk5a.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 308

Ok,,well heres the deal,,,,first of all it looks like you all had a great time...the wife and i wanted to come real bad but owning a landscape/excavation company can sometimes put damper on weekend plans,,when it snows i work,,,lol plain and simple...I plow till all the plowing is done,,,lol,,hope to meet you all on the next run ,,,,jbigguy

Glad everyone made it back ok. Brian, what caused the concern was I got stuck in traffic behind a bunch of accidents on 81S, and in one of them was a vehicle that looked a LOT like yours. I couldn't get close enough to it to ID the vehicle so.......

I'll post our pix later today. Since I have the day off, Santa Claus has to make a run to the toy factory :D

Jbigguy, no problem. We've all had to miss a run or two due to something coming up. Cya next time!

Hey Everybody i had a great time wheeling with all of you yesterday. I was one of the guides in the lime green jeep cj5.

Hope to see you all soon up at Rausch again.

Brian Moyer
County Chrysler Jeep

Cool! Good to hear from you Brian... I have a few pics of you and "the Jew". What's his name? lol

P.S. I'd spin tires and dredles with him and you any time. :D

a few videos..

Heres a few videos. Sorry about the quality of the video and the lack of audio, I didn't bring my good camera on this venture. Will do next time. Unfortunately I had a video of Jeff driving Karol's truck through the tank trap but I accidently deleted it. :(

Updated link..

Here's a video of Spas going up the hill by the staging area.
http://www.extremexplorers.com/lindsyhill.avi

Here's the video of Sunbum going up the hill by the staging area.
http://www.extremexplorers.com/brianhill.avi

Last edited:

Originally posted by Spas
Nice to meet my fellow Marylander Ben and watch him going banzai on the rocks: and Brian, Mr. "Let me go n't wait to go back again, hopefully with a radio and without the tapping from my engine bay next time :rolleyes: Thanks for all the help whenever I got stuck, guys *refrains from saying anything about straps, since Jeff can't get his mind out of the gutter!* I'm really happy Tank did as well as I'd hoped and had no breakage at all :)get my camera if you're gonna spray white stuff all over her face" Sunbum is a riot to hang out with :D Awesome to laugh with Karol and the kids again and of course Jeff, Susan and Rachel, without whom no run is complete :) Thanks for the 50 gazillion candlepower "Fish"light, Fug, you pain in my rear ;) I'll try to stop blinding you with it....

Cool pics guys, keep 'em coming! When's the next run??? lol

Yeah Lindsy, it was fun going nuts on the rocks. Didn't sustain much damage, just tore the rocker covers off, and dented the underbody a little bit. Took the day off from work actually I've been thinking about quitting since I really hate my job right now. And the stuff about straps, I believe you started that discussion at McD. We just didn't know which way you wanted to go with that topic.:D So who's ready for another run?

From what I could tell, Spas definitely stresses the straps but I'm always there for "support", just in case, as I'm just nice like that. ;)

I have some pics edited and will have to size them later to post here (I'm swamped at work) but had to drop by... will post more tonight. Wish I could've taken today off, ya bums. :p

I'll have to check out that video when I get home Ben! Very stoked you captured that.

Last edited:

Originally posted by sunbum
From what I could tell, Spas definitely stresses the straps but I'm always there for "support", just in case, as I'm just nice like that. ;)

I have some pics edited and will have to size them later to post here (I'm swamped at work) but had to drop by... will post more tonight. Wish I could've taken today off, ya bums. :p

I'll have to check out that video when I get home Ben! Very stoked you captured that.

Yeah yeah.. the only reason I decided to the take the day off is because I want to try make my resume and post it on a few sites. Its hard finding a job in the Information Technology field with no real experience. I've been fooling with computers since the days of 286 but I don't have any degrees just certifications from Microsoft. Maybe I need to look outside the Maryland/DC/VA/PA area.

Post your resume on monster... worked too well for me. :)
I'd take your resume and pass it to my boss (he's the President of IT/Network Services) if you don't mind working for a small company like General Dynamics. :)

P.S. I think my camber straightened out a little too... but I'll still try to get them checked out this week.

Well, we didn't have too many pix on the digital this time. I think Sue took more with the film camera...and the weather wasn't warm enough to run around taking lots of pix :)

Here are a few:

Attachments

• zuk and x.jpg
    zuk and x.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 240

Explorers in the snowflakes....

Attachments

• explorers.jpg
    explorers.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 242

da Tank and da Tool

Attachments

• ft and tool.jpg
    ft and tool.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 233

Fishy Tank!!! :D Just needs to be "strapped" a little and it purrs! :D

Attachments

• ft.jpg
    ft.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 238

Can't seem to reach your server for the viddy...
let me know when it's accessible again.
I'll edit this out later with pics.

Originally posted by sunbum
Can't seem to reach your server for the viddy...

Ditto that here....And ya just HAD to delete me going thru the trap didn't ya????

j/k :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Still cant... not having any other DNS issues. :banghead:

Back