• Register Today It's free!

RCD 5" coilover kit

Cleetis

Reaction score
City, State
East Wenatchee, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Eddie Bauer 4wd
Hey everybody, i am looking to buy a 5" coilover kit and was having problems finding them on the internet. Any links you have to help me find some would be great. oh, and i want to buy brand new ones. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PM Froader. I think he knows a guy at RCD and can maybe get a hookup.

Also there's a guy on e-bay that sells RCD kits he quoted me $2025 for it before I decided to go with the Superlift. Service@WhatMovesYou.com

As far as I know, you just need to weld on new spring perches and shock mounts. I think that someone on here found some that were bolt-ons, but I don't remember who it was.

I think the bolt on kit is a Superlift kit for an older X, but I'm not 100% on that. They also ended up getting them welded on anyway, so you might as well just get some generic perches welded on. I don't remember what they did for the shocks though.

I think the bolt on kit is a Superlift kit for an older X, but I'm not 100% on that. They also ended up getting them welded on anyway, so you might as well just get some generic perches welded on. I don't remember what they did for the shocks though.

I have noticed that the 5" coilover kit is for the '98-'02 ranger. If I buy this will I need to do anything special to fit on my X?

As far as I know, you just need to weld on new spring perches and shock mounts. I think that someone on here found some that were bolt-ons, but I don't remember who it was.

Does anyone have the part #'s for these two parts. I'm horrible at finding stuff on the internet.

Will any of those fit or is there a specific one that I'm missing?

not totally for sure, but If I remember right, the 8.8 measures out to something like 3.25" in diameter. So, a spring perch from an axle of much larger or smaller size (i.e. d60 and such) prob wont fit. You also need to get a perch wide enough to fit your springs, so make sure you know the width and size of your leaf packs.

"this RCD 5" lift is designed to work with manual or electronic front hub equipped vehicles only. This 5" RCD Ranger lift is not designed to work with pulse vacuum hub equipped vehicles."

I found this on performancelifts.com; and I was wondering will this kit work with a Automatic '97 ford explorer???

talk to boomin, he is very familiar with this kit

Back