Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Return from Truck Haven 2006 Photos & Video

Well I just got back in. I have to say this was a excelent run! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks to Rick and Char putting it all together.

We did some nice Damage to thing, and there will for sure be some awsome pictures and video from this run. ;)

Rick will not be back till some time monday, but he has been uploading picturs via Cell phone. They can be found here. Cell Pics from TH06 Thanks to Rick I think I have a new Avatar :D

Feb420061951.jpg

Thanks to everyone who came out and making this a great run and a awsome potluck! :thumbsup:

Stay Tuned For the Truck Haven 2006 video, premiering Presidents Day, Feb. 20th

---------------------------------------------------------------------

DB_1's Photos

Jefe's Photos

Jefe's Aerial Photos

Froader's Photos

Froader Video 1

Froader Video 2

Jobunn Video 1

Jobunn Video 2

Jobunn Video 3

Jobunn Video 4

Brian Kennedy's Photos

94explorer2x4 Photos

Rick's Video
Day Run and Campfire

Night Run

Stic-O's Truck Haven Movie
WMP, or Q-Time
Truck Haven 2006

Divx format
Truck Haven 2006 (Divx)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good times good times

This years big run was the best yet that i've attended. Turnout was good and the potluck was even better. Thanks to RockRanger(Matt) for letting me ride along. I don't think I could cram anymore wheelin' in the 2.5 days I was there...2 night runs and 2 day runs, whew! I couldn't tell ya how much carnage there was, most of it minor stuff like broken tailights, mirrors, a hub and of course some dents and scratches. Michael busted out his side rear window on the drivers side on Friday's night run. I'm sure you'll be hearing from eveyone who had carnage, it's like a badge of honor :D
Anyways, nice to see all the regulars and meeting some new faces. Thanks to Rick and Char for organizing a great run.

I'll post up my pics later, I've got em uploading now.

was wondering why it was so quiet on here forgot about this run this weekend

I had a blast this weekend. Thanks to Rick and Char for the 10 years of this site and the great friends and memories from it. It was great to see Micheal and kiadog that I haven't seen in years, and meet new faces such as section525, bmxexplorer, cobra, and explorer2x4. The wheeling was great the weather was nice and in the low 80s. I managed to blow a hub (thanks for the spare hub Michael), bash a taillight (taillights will be a theme) and pick up a few new dings and scratches in the proccess. The camp fire was great. Nothing like fitting 40 people around a fire and not having to be next to each other. Above all that though I think the highlight was the anti-aircraft missiles that were being launched out of camp at the low flying airplane. ( bottle rockets at Jefes plane :D) The Potluck was the biggest and best. Nothing beats a plate with tritip, ham, turkey, ribs, mashed potatos, rice, salid, cake, cookies and krugle to top it all off. For all those that missed it you missed a blast. Start planning for the truckhaven 2007 run next year now. Its only 360 odd days away :D

I didnt have a camera so no pictures from me.

Cant wait for the movie to come out. looks like it would be interesting.

Wow, a GREAT time! :thumbsup:

I got there Friday at 4:30pm, and after dinner we hit the Ditches. :D First tight spot, I break my passenger mirror, and another twenty minutes, I smash out a tail light. :rolleyes: Most of everybody's damage happened on this night run, but it was all "minor", mostly tail lights mirrors and windows. ;)

Saturday's run was going good until we came to a steep downhill with a sharp banked left turn at the bottom. After watching the first couple rigs struggle through, I mentioned that it was a prime spot to blow a hub. My turn came, and sure enough, BANG, my hub exploded. I pull over to replace it, and realize I left my spares at camp. :rolleyes: Miraculously, Rick had a spare with him, even though he hasn't run a D35 for years. Thanks, Rick!

Potluck was a feast, maybe the best so far. Afterwards, we reenacted the air battle over Bagdad. ;) Someone will have film, I'm sure.

The Sat. night run was even better than Friday night! I left my truck parked to protect my remaining tail light, and rode shotgun with Michael, as he chased Tom's Suzuki through the ditches. Props to jobunn for going EVERYwhere we did. :thumbsup:

Saw some faces from past runs, met some new faces, all in all, an excellent time!

This was my first trip to Truckhaven, and it was a blast. We hit a trifecta this weekend; great wheeling, great company, and great weather. This truely was the year of the taillight, except for my super prototype "flexy light" which is now being sported by several of the attendees. I look forward to going there again soon.

This weekend was one of my most unique camping experiences. I had a blast, and so did Sarah. Great wheelin with good friends, fireworks with RC planes to shoot them at, arial videos of us on the trail, great potluck.........this group has it all. It was a blast following JoBun on the night run, one of his front tires seemed to always be about 6 feet off the dirt.
Only damage so far to my rig is a problem with the ARB not engaging and all the paint scraped off both sliders. New transmission/t-case worked great!

Jobunn was crazy. I think I saw him in this position more then any other throughout the whole weekend.

IMG_0603.JPG

Ha! I just posted with that pic so I deleted it lol.

very cool...
if I had been in bakersfield where my parents are i woulda jumped on that trip
looks like a lot of that woulda been beyond my(and my stock X's) capabilities
but woulda been cool to tag along...

ohwell maybe there'll be an event when i'm at my parents... or closer to me...

Awsome Trip !!!!!

I just took a look at the vidos from the run :thumbsup: I got some great video of the surface to air missile battle :D Alot of other great shot including the money shot! :smoke: I got my truck up in the air from the picture at the top, too bad someone steped on the cord and I didn't get it all :rolleyes: I think I may do two videos. My normal Music and a Documentry, with voice over comentary. ;)

As far as Damage....I got my passanger fender a little when putting it on 2 wheels :eek: (again top pic) and I did a nice job durring the night run on my door and rocker pannel. The stupid part is I have sliders built, but just don't have them on :banghead:

Feb420060339.jpg

Michael: Let me know about those Arms you have taking up space on your porch. I'll trade you a window for them :p

JStrider said:
very cool...
if I had been in bakersfield where my parents are i woulda jumped on that trip
looks like a lot of that woulda been beyond my(and my stock X's) capabilities
but woulda been cool to tag along...

ohwell maybe there'll be an event when i'm at my parents... or closer to me...

All the pictures posted so far were of the "big dawg" groups run. On Saturday we had two runs during the day one more for the stockers and those who didnt want to risk body damage then the big dawgs which is the one that pictures are being posted of.

We are usually out there 4 or 5 times a year in the winter and usually the runs are posted on here. New victims, I mean members are always welcome to join us. If it is going to be a run beyond your cabability there is usually seat available to tag along and enjoy the fun.

Great trip as usual. I love that place! I'm very happy with my truck now that the front diff is fixed and with the wristed arm. Always good to see the usual group, and good to meet some new peeps. Here are my pics and I'll have a couple of short video clips to show after I upload them.

Here are a few for the thread...

The fire hydrent
FireHydrent.jpg

Friday's fire
Fire_2.jpg

Tom, I found the culprit... ;)
ZipTie.jpg

Story: Tom didn't have his usual break down on the first day so we had to mess with him a little bit. Winter put a ziptie on his front and rear drive shafts on the Sat. night run to make a noise, so he would think there was something wrong.

Stic-o in the 2nd gen ifs pose
Stico_4.jpg

Thanks to Rick and Char for another GREAT Truck Haven run.
Most of the carnage pics are on the 2nd page of my pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RockRanger said:
All the pictures posted so far were of the "big dawg" groups run. On Saturday we had two runs during the day one more for the stockers and those who didnt want to risk body damage then the big dawgs which is the one that pictures are being posted of.

We are usually out there 4 or 5 times a year in the winter and usually the runs are posted on here. New victims, I mean members are always welcome to join us. If it is going to be a run beyond your cabability there is usually seat available to tag along and enjoy the fun.

cool... i'm usually there around xmas and some during the summertime... didnt even find this forum till right around this past xmas... definently gonna keep an eye in this section when i'm headed that direction...

Back