Return from Truck Haven 2006 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truck Haven 2006

Stic-o said:
Colin, How do you like the aussie? and how much was it? how is it on the street?
No Aussie. It's a Detroit TrueTrac L/S. I love it. The rear is a detroit full lock.

94 I'll check it out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well folks the Video is done. I just finished it. :eek:

All I can say is this is by far my greatest video yet. :thumbsup: I have probbaly over 10hrs. of editing into this video, and it looks like it paid off.

Jefe I'll need to upload it to your site, It's a tad to big for here, unless Rick or Tom would like to give me a special link to load bigger files :D

Be ready folks, the video will launch this Monday (EST ;) )

The Rolling Stones will be our guests for this video, I only thought is was fitting, with this run being Super Bowl weekend and all :p

...and don't for get to watch the Trailer ;)

Stic-o said:
Jefe I'll need to upload it to your site, It's a tad to big for here, unless Rick or Tom would like to give me a special link to load bigger files :D
Do I get a sneek preview then?
I got plenty of room, same setup as last time.

GJarrett said:
Translation: " I have an ARB"

:D
I have actually been very pleased with my ARB. It was in Paul B's rig for at least eight years, then in mine for another four, and this is the first trouble I have had with it. I think its just wiring because its not a leak, and it went from functioning every time, to most of the time, to not at all in a weekend.
Yes, I did post this at 0355 hours; just got off work early and decided to check email. :p

Jefe said:
Do I get a sneek preview then?
I got plenty of room, same setup as last time.

Of Course ;)

I was did use some of your footage, but my advice is longer straiter passes, After watching so many time to pull footage, I felt like I was going to throw up :confused: I did not use any of the camp footage, just the stuff out on runs. Incase you wanted to do something with it. ;)

I think you should start a new project :D Helicopter :bounce:

Stic-o said:
I was did use some of your footage, but my advice is longer straiter passes, After watching so many time to pull footage, I felt like I was going to throw up :confused: I did not use any of the camp footage, just the stuff out on runs. Incase you wanted to do something with it. ;)

I think you should start a new project :D Helicopter :bounce:
The camp thing has been done, so I'll wait to see what you used and maybe throw something together from the two flights on the Sunday run. And yes, those flights could have been better. . It was my first time flying in hilly terrain and trying to switch between watching the video and watching the plane (and sometimes not being able to see the plane directly :eek: ) was difficult. Plus the turbulent wind on the second flight. It was all mostly just practice for TDS. . should get some awesome video there :)

As for a helicopter, I'll pass. There are so many things I could do to my explorer rather than spend $600+ on a fragile helicopter. How about a blimp? . . .On second thought, the blimp might be a little too easy to shoot down with bottle rockets. :eek: :D

Jefe said:
. . .On second thought, the blimp might be a little too easy to shoot down with bottle rockets. :eek: :D
I think I am bringing my skeet shotgun for TDS, see if I can hit that little RC plane with that big boy. :D :p ;)

BKennedy said:
I think I am bringing my skeet shotgun for TDS, see if I can hit that little RC plane with that big boy. :D :p ;)

Should we start calling you Dick Cheney? :p

Guess stic-o could not wait till monday Excelent video :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nate

94explorer2x4 said:
Guess stic-o could not wait till monday Excelent video :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nate

No It did :D It was Monday....on the east coast ;)

Stic-o said:
Be ready folks, the video will launch this Monday (EST )

Stic-o said:
Colin, How do you like the aussie? and how much was it? how is it on the street?

I have an aussie up front. I like it. It was around $250 to my door. Probably going to buy another one for the rear here pretty soon.

RockRanger said:
I have an aussie up front. I like it. It was around $250 to my door. Probably going to buy another one for the rear here pretty soon.

How is it on the street? Or I guess you would not notice it, when your not locked :confused: You'll have to excuse me, I still live in this world with a swith called "Auto" :rolleyes:

Back