• Register Today It's free!

sas questions

bitchinexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
im planning on doing a solid axle swap on my 91 explorer. i just need to know what vehicle to get the axle out of, and what vehicle should i get the leaf springs out of? and also, what do i do with the steering, ive heard of some kind of kits you can order but i cant find the address anymore. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bronco's seem pretty popular

what year of broncos? bronco axle and bronco leafs?

suzuki samuri axles are where its at.

If you need to be asking these questions you need to SEARCH this site first. There are a ton of different solid axle setups out there. look what they did find one you like see what they used then start asking questions.

no broncos have coils if your doing leafs then a Wagoneer dana 44 is what your looking at. its low pinion but still stronger than all these guys who are doing dana 30's

rockranger, i did search first

If you did a search YOU would know what vechicle to get an axle out of. YOU would know the setup you want to use. There are so many different ways to do an axle swap that just asking what axle to use and what springs to use is way to generic. The most popular axles people use are classic bronco axles wagganeer axles and full width f150 axles. you can go leafs or coils on each. How much lift do you want? do you want it tall like chief34 has his or do you want it as low as possible. What size tire do you plan to run? this will make a difference in the leafs you get. And for the kit to order it is from fabritech, DB1 has that kit.

www.google.com
www.pirate4x4.com
Those are the sites where I learned about doing a solid axle swap backfore people started doing solid axle swaps on there, the info is out there.

Also if you haven't done so already take some welding classes so your truck doesn't fall apart rolling down the street.

svande8952 said:
I think he meant "no, broncos have coils." The power of punctuation.

And the statement and LP D44s are stronger than HP D30s, is just a tad oversimplified. :D

I think he meant:
No, broncos have coils.

EDIT: Robb beat me to it.

IHATEWHENPEOPLETYPEINALLCAPSordontuseanypuctuationoranycaps

sorry about the puncuation.

i did in fact mean "No, bronco's..."

Back