sport trac,coil overs and 38s??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sport trac,coil overs and 38s???

I currently own a 2001 f250crew cab short bed with 30in of lift and 46in mickeys.I am in the process of building a sport trac with a sas.I want to put a coilover up front and I am going to do a axle flip with a 4in spring and a 4in block.My plan is to fit 38s with the top of the tire to be at the bottom of the fender.Do you guys have any suggestions of how big of a coilover to use in the front?The other question that I have is that I want to use the radius arms from the bronco that I got the rear from but I am in need of a set of brackets to attach the arms to the frame.Any companys out there make them?What company should I use for the coils?This truck is going to be a every day driver so a good ride is what I am looking for.I am also in the procees of building a stroked 351 to a 408 with a single turbo to drop in.Is there any companies out there that makes adapters for the 351 to the auto trans in the sport trac?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

your going to need hell of a drop bracket for the radius arms to make them to work with that much lift....no one makes soemthing like that to my knowledge....as for teh adapter for the tranny....no way, your going to want a much beefier tranny for that big of a motor...like a c6.....

Welcome aboard. PICS OF THE SOOPERDOOTY PLEASE.

If you are going to run coil overs I suggest a 3 or 4 link setup on the front axle. I extened the stock radius arms on mine about 12" with a piece of solid stainless tubing plug welded and then used heims and a custom crossmember. Here are some pics. I am considering redoing my SAS on my other explorer and would add a 4-link very similar to Jefe. Search his name if you want to know the textbook way of doing a coilover SAS.

Here's some pics of my junk to tide you over in the meantime.

Dan

Attachments

• My Pictures0009.jpg
    My Pictures0009.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 848
  • SAS 023 (Medium).jpg
    SAS 023 (Medium).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 880
  • untitled1 (Medium).JPG
    untitled1 (Medium).JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 915

Back