• Register Today It's free!

ST rear shock issues

EAA

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I have a 2020 ST with 10000 miles. Two weeks ago both rear shocks blew out leaking fluid everywhere, all ober the wheels and brakes, and puddles on the ground. It’s been at the dealership now for two weeks and I’m being told that the parts have been in back order with no time line when they will be in. Has anybody else heard of such a thing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's the times we live in, supply chain issues are making every thing harder to get. All you can do is grin and bear it. Pre plandemic you could get just about any part thru a dealer in two maybe three days tops, but those days are long gone.

If you get tired of waiting, you can try steeda.com they sell the factory ST shocks for those who want to upgrade to a better shock as the ST shocks are the best available.

I have a 2020 ST with 10000 miles. Two weeks ago both rear shocks blew out leaking fluid everywhere, all ober the wheels and brakes, and puddles on the ground. It’s been at the dealership now for two weeks and I’m being told that the parts have been in back order with no time line when they will be in. Has anybody else heard of such a thing?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
There are many posts in this forum and others that show parts on back order with extended wait times. You are by no means alone.
Since these are not a warranty item, you can have them replaced with any brand of shock at any garage.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
There are many posts in this forum and others that show parts on back order with extended wait times. You are by no means alone.
Since these are not a warranty item, you can have them replaced with any brand of shock at any garage.

Peter
Thank you, I got a Feb 10-17 date range today. They are being covered under the warranty though.

Thank you, I got a Feb 10-17 date range today. They are being covered under the warranty though.
Good to know they are covered.

Peter

It's the times we live in, supply chain issues are making every thing harder to get. All you can do is grin and bear it. Pre plandemic you could get just about any part thru a dealer in two maybe three days tops, but those days are long gone.

If you get tired of waiting, you can try steeda.com they sell the factory ST shocks for those who want to upgrade to a better shock as the ST shocks are the best available.
Thanks for the steeda idea. Do you or anybody know what the actual OEM is that they use for rear shocks? I found them on Ford.com as original equipment available in like three days.

Back