swinging in for a little visit

macknos94

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Harrisburg, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 mountaineer premier
I haven't been on here in a bit but if there are any explorer or mountainteers in the Harrisburg area send me a pm. I'm looking for an explorer to use as a jig for bumpers front and rear. Tire carriers and rock sliders. Thanks chris at boosted influences fabrication.

I'm not selling them on here but if there is enough demand I will purchase a seller account or whatever is needed. Thanks mods

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been making parts for the diesel world for the past three years now. I finally decided I missed the mountaineer build so this week the shop bank account is funding a 3rd Gen as a jig. I will post pics as products are added.

A nice tube or plate bumper would be sweet

As most states don't allow tube bumpers. I'll more then likely build a plate bumper with a front received. That way you can add a which when its needed then drop weight when its not needed. Or backing a trailer in a tight area then hitch it to the front.

As most states don't allow tube bumpers. I'll more then likely build a plate bumper with a front received. That way you can add a which when its needed then drop weight when its not needed. Or backing a trailer in a tight area then hitch it to the front.

well you just destroyed all my dreams and aspirations. I guess I should have looked into the legal stuff before I started thinking about building one (a tube) lol. thouh a plate still sounds cool. would love to see what you come up with

I've been waiting quite some time to figure out a way to get my winch mounted without losing ground clearance and still keeping stock bumper if you want to look into that at all.....I'd like the winch to sit in front of the front grille if at all possible.

I bought a 04 mountaineer off eBay and it should be in my possession next Friday. I'm kinda happy I kept a bunch of the old parts off my old mountaineer.

I like the idea of the winch sitting in front of the grill but with how sold of suspension these trucks have I'm gonna shoot for a front received that is higher then the ones available at the moment.

First project will be a set of rock sliders/ step bars that will have a brake line guard. If you look on the drivers side of your third Gen you will see the brake lines run on the outside of the frame rail... then I'll dig into the rear tire carrier after that

I bought a 04 mountaineer off eBay and it should be in my possession next Friday. I'm kinda happy I kept a bunch of the old parts off my old mountaineer.

I like the idea of the winch sitting in front of the grill but with how sold of suspension these trucks have I'm gonna shoot for a front received that is higher then the ones available at the moment.

First project will be a set of rock sliders/ step bars that will have a brake line guard. If you look on the drivers side of your third Gen you will see the brake lines run on the outside of the frame rail... then I'll dig into the rear tire carrier after that
Rear tire carrier?? im sold. been wating to.make one for quite some time but dont really have time or resources. let.me know.if anything uappens down the road

Back